FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread)
Jan 7, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #586 of 685
Quote:
Most people are really really stupid. And if they weren't any stupid people, then it would be hard to control people. Anyways if all younger people would read books, listen to normal music ( no POP, or RAP), we would end up being type 1 civilization (not that I believe in types of civilization theory) .

What? Seriously? Since when are there boundaries as to what defines "normal" music? This type of mindset doesn't make you in any way better than the people that you're bashing - it merely places you it a different category.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #587 of 685
Quote:
Most people are really really stupid. And if they weren't any stupid people, then it would be hard to control people. Anyways if all younger people would read books, listen to normal music ( no POP, or RAP), we would end up being type 1 civilization (not that I believe in types of civilization theory) .

What is normal music? 
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #588 of 685
Quote:

What? Seriously? Since when are there boundaries as to what defines "normal" music? This type of mindset doesn't make you in any way better than the people that you're bashing - it merely places you it a different category.

Are you serious? Don't tell me that "normal" music, for you is only basic rhythm and basic 130 tempo kick beat. :wink: C'MON WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!

Quote:

What is normal music? 
confused_face_2.gif

Sorry for offending you, but disagreeing that modern (mainstream) music is getting worse every month with all nicki minaj, one direction, david quetta, lil wayne, rihanna, lady gaga, will.i.am(auto-tune), black eyed peas, justin bieber, skrillex, rebecca black and most of other POP, RAP, Hiphop genres that are infested with cancer. Today majority does listen to crap, such as compressed, hyper compressed and again compressed auto tuned "artist" such as will.i.am or other 17 year old teenage girls. Why untalented “musician” receives bigger audience than a talented musician. It's not like we lack talent nowadays, there is plenty of talent nowadays, but yet they get no audience. For example why should someone like skrillex receive bigger audience than REAL dubstep producers? What does he do special? Add some harsh screaming distorted voices through a Massive synth plugin? He doesn’t even make dubstep .  I know everyone has their own taste in music but seriously people who listening to poor quality(hypercompresed),  2-3 chord synths harsh synths, with horrible sounding  auto tuned singer, who cannot stop swear for a second on a basic 110-130 tempo with only kick drum aren’t that bright. I'm just really tired of hearing and seeing all that mainstream crap around.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #589 of 685
Making music shouldn't be a pissing contest.

If a person likes a song, it's good to them. If they don't, it's bad. A piece of music is not something that you can say is universally good or bad. You're just being a snob there and saying that your tastes are better than everyone else's.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #590 of 685
Making music shouldn't be a pissing contest.

If a person likes a song, it's good to them. If they don't, it's bad. A piece of music is not something that you can say is universally good or bad. You're just being a snob there and saying that your tastes are better than everyone else's.

^^^ Well said, sir

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #591 of 685

I have a problem with that statement. rap and pop are the type of music our generation is growing up with, the same as with Elvis and ac/DC had their own generation. if you don't like rap music, thats fine. but why hate on it? I'm not a fan of classical music but I would never make fun of people that listen to it.
be aware that your normal isn't everyone's normal

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #592 of 685
Music now is more creative than it has ever been. I enjoy nearly every genre of music, but the shear depth and variety of music available now is mind boggling. Who cares if pop music is terrible, pop music has always been pretty mindless. For the most part pop music is created to make people happy, not think. In my books, a positive emotional response, regardless of complexity, is mission accomplished.

Sort of silly to generalize rap as terrible and mindless as well, since the most meaningful and creative lyrics are found in rap (or hip hop if you want to call it that). And if you think I'm wrong, go explore the genre and see for yourself. If you were only referring to mainstream rap however, then you can ignore that bit. 

Anyway, back to the thread, I love these for hip hop!

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #593 of 685
Quote:
Sort of silly to generalize rap as terrible and mindless as well, since the most meaningful and creative lyrics are found in rap (or hip hop if you want to call it that). And if you think I'm wrong, go explore the genre and see for yourself.

Anyway, back to the thread, I love these for hip hop!

I recommend Deltron 3030 with the 580s.  Pretty awesome.  Same guys who did the concept behind Gorillaz. 

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #595 of 685
Quote:
Haven't listened to any Del in so long, thanks for reminding me!

By the way, what's everyone's favorite amp for 580's?

I never needed an amp with mine. I tried a few but they sounded their best straight out of the DAP (Cowon J3) or the FiiO E10 that I use with everything at home. So it depends on the source.

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #597 of 685
now just when i thought i made a mistake with buying 580s ( i mean i used it with xonar dg, cmoyBB v2.03, samsung galaxy and etc ) but never was satisfied how my ultrasones sounded and just when i decided to sell them my Xonar Xense arrived same day and oh boy how mistaken i was, hfi 580 is absolutely  a m a z i n g !!!!!!! sitting in front of my pc with a stupid happy smile on my face :wink:  

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #598 of 685
I remember seeing a post somewhere about softening up the pleather pads on these. I don't remember if it was this thread or not but if anyone has a link could you send it to me?
I remember something about some blue kitchen chemical... something like that.

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #600 of 685
Quote:
why is the amazon price so high? when will it go down?

Unfortunately they dont make them anymore :) Probably last stock. The deal is off but there are new good looking fashion headphones coming out off Monster this year!. They wont sound "like the artist intended" this time though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back