FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread)
Feb 8, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #167 of 685
Actually, you now something i'd absolutely love...

A hard protection case for these headphones.
They're very limiting to carry round, because they're pretty prone to damage.
I'd take them around with me a lot more if I had a case to put them in, rather than just the bag.

Too bad Ultrasone made the bad marketing choice of only distributing in Germany via their website.
They have an appropriate case, from what i've seen, but will only distribute within Germany.
I've searched the internet quite thoroughly...and the Ultrasone protective case is not sold anywhere in the UK.
The only ones I found being sold online were the ones on Ultrasone's own website (which is unhelpfully in German when it comes to retail), and some random american dealer.

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #170 of 685
The t50rp is not a basshead headphone..but i was wowed by it i am used to monitor headphones bass which is not alot.

Anyways the lower mids of these xb500 is bleh but it does give a more balanced bass approach..nice bass but the bass on the hfi 580 is tighter and crisp and punchy, the xb500 has overpowering bass though for my tastes but still good for it's price.

The t50rp on the other hand well you ought to try them..

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #171 of 685

Quote:
I am on a pair of fostex tr50p and these sound so different it is night and day...i am impressed with this ortho stuff sounds so classical and it is like your there not far from my ideal headphone.

I found out a guy at my work has a pair of vintage T20's. I need to get introduced..

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #173 of 685

I'd take them around with me a lot more if I had a case to put them in, rather than just the bag.

Too bad Ultrasone made the bad marketing choice of only distributing in Germany via their website.
They have an appropriate case, from what i've seen, but will only distribute within Germany.
I've searched the internet quite thoroughly...and the Ultrasone protective case is not sold anywhere in the UK.
The only ones I found being sold online were the ones on Ultrasone's own website (which is unhelpfully in German when it comes to retail), and some random american dealer.

Check out Slappa Hardbody heaphone cases, they are purpose designed for DJ headphones and other cans that fold in the same fashion.

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #174 of 685
How are these headphones in terms of bass quanitity? Like basshead good. I got recommended the ATH-M50 from several people saying "They have so much bass!!". No, they don't. How are these in terms of quantity compared to the Phiaton MS400 or V-Moda Crossfade? I listen to a lot of hip-hop and rock.

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #175 of 685
There are comparisions made on this forum between M50 and HFI-580, according to those HFI-580 have a bit punchier bass (more upper bass) and slightly less deep bass (doesn't extend as well) but overall bass quantity wise it's still slightly ahead of M50 but not by a huge amount, however it seems to respond nicely to amping and EQing which in my experience M50 doesn't. Sony XB500 + EQing also responds extremely well to EQing as in you get very much noticable more bass by EQing by even small changes and enough to make it pump so much air so you can feel it tickling ears (not kidding). No other headphones have given such experiences yet, XB700 slightly yes but it was even more noticable on XB500 but for everyday use I don't use quite that much quantity but it's fun every now and then to just hear bass you could never imagine tiny 40mm driver speakers could put out. I've showcased the bass quantity (using some EQ) to two friends and the first was like *strange look* "dude you gotta hear this" and 2nd *jawdrops and smiles*. They thought it sounded like two small subs on their head.

Feb 11, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #176 of 685

Quote:
How are these headphones in terms of bass quanitity? Like basshead good. I got recommended the ATH-M50 from several people saying "They have so much bass!!". No, they don't. How are these in terms of quantity compared to the Phiaton MS400 or V-Moda Crossfade? I listen to a lot of hip-hop and rock.

Did you EQ/amp the M50's? I haven't heard the Phiaton's, but I've heard the V-moda's. Crossfades are hella comfy, but they've got nothing on the HFI-580's. The Crossfades also feel well built, but soundwise I just don't dig. They sound dark to me. I'm gonna pick up a pair of either XB500's/700's or M50's in the coming months to A/B with the HFI-580's.

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #177 of 685
Yes I did amp them, not enough. And I want to use my headphones portably so I don't want to have to use an amp. But for your next headphones, look at the sony xb-1000. They look GLORIOUS. 70mm driver. They look ridiculous but I really want to hear the bass on those puppies when they come out.

Quote:
Quote:

Did you EQ/amp the M50's? I haven't heard the Phiaton's, but I've heard the V-moda's. Crossfades are hella comfy, but they've got nothing on the HFI-580's. The Crossfades also feel well built, but soundwise I just don't dig. They sound dark to me. I'm gonna pick up a pair of either XB500's/700's or M50's in the coming months to A/B with the HFI-580's.

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #179 of 685
Yeah, these subwoof too.
Quote:
Black cube linear amp with stagedac some expensive rca cables with musiland source.

Now that i have the hfi 580 i like the bass, i prefer the bass of these over the m50.

I can see why you say they sound like a sub woofer.

Feb 12, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #180 of 685

Quote:
Quote:

Check out Slappa Hardbody heaphone cases, they are purpose designed for DJ headphones and other cans that fold in the same fashion.

Thanks a lot man.
Ordered!

I hope they fit nice and snug. =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back