FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 21, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #2,044 of 3,064
Hmm. Is anyone actually using Sony tips? And, wouldn't this subdue the treble too much and increase the bass because it uses a smaller opening?

I'm using and other tips didn't fit to my ears just I can use Sony hybrids and sound is clearer than others.

Probably next week I will have Ultimate Ears TF10 tips. I will try it

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #2,045 of 3,064
So far I was using the sky blue color foam filled sony hybrid-like tips that came with my gr07 and was very satisfied with them. Recently I changed to the spiral dot ML size tips and it seems that I am listening to a brand new, much more refined sound. The bass has become clearer and puchier while the treble is a little more sparkly. I have to say that I am thankful to all you guys who suggested the spiral dot eartips... Thank a lot....

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #2,047 of 3,064
Can anybody confirm that A83s have been (recently?) changed to a different kind of MMCX connectors than what they used before, and that this is no longer compatible with standard MMCX-terminated cables?

I bought a pair of A83s about a month ago, am VERY happy with them, but none of my other MMCX cables fits them (while they're perfectly fine with the JVC FX850).

I think that I read somewhere that Fidue might have modified the connectors to prevent the intermittent connectivity problems that some other owners experienced, but I didn't read anywhere on this (quite long, but very interesting:)) thread that this move might have also broken compatibility with aftermarket MMCX cables...

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #2,048 of 3,064
  Can anybody confirm that A83s have been (recently?) changed to a different kind of MMCX connectors than what they used before, and that this is no longer compatible with standard MMCX-terminated cables?

I bought a pair of A83s about a month ago, am VERY happy with them, but none of my other MMCX cables fits them (while they're perfectly fine with the JVC FX850).

I think that I read somewhere that Fidue might have modified the connectors to prevent the intermittent connectivity problems that some other owners experienced, but I didn't read anywhere on this (quite long, but very interesting:)) thread that this move might have also broken compatibility with aftermarket MMCX cables...

Can you post a picture of your A83 cable connector? Then we can compare with the cable we have...

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #2,049 of 3,064

Can you post a picture of your A83 cable connector? Then we can compare with the cable we have...

Here you go...

That square "protrusion" at the base of the cable locks into the female part on the IEM proper, and prevents the cable from freely spinning, as MMCX cables often do. Ordinary MMCX cables do go into the IEM, but simply don't have enough reach to properly "lock" into place. At least, with MY A83
redface.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #2,050 of 3,064
Here you go...

That square "protrusion" at the base of the cable locks into the female part on the IEM proper, and prevents the cable from freely spinning, as MMCX cables often do. Ordinary MMCX cables do go into the IEM, but simply don't have enough reach to properly "lock" into place. At least, with MY A83:xf_eek:

That looks very similar to the cable I have, will look more carefully once I get back home....

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #2,051 of 3,064
Okay, it definitely looks like the cable has been changed. Here is the cable on my A83.

Jul 21, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #2,055 of 3,064
My A83s have that little tab as well, which does in fact, prevent the cable from spinning.  There's no reason for it to spin w/ the memory cable, so i'm sure they did that to prevent the connection problems.  HOWEVER, this does not prevent the A83s from using any standard MCMX cable as I replaced my standard cable (that looks like @geagle 's cable) with the Linum BaX cable and it worked perfectly.  The tab on the Fidue cable just goes into a slot on the headphone...where the replacement cables just spin freely over that slot because there's no protrusion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back