FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 14, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #2,011 of 3,064
I like my Fidue A83s but I think they have the potential to do more. I think the seal I get isn't good at all, anyone have any tips to get a better seal? I tried using SpiralDots, about to buy SpinFits... i think I just need a longer nozzle

Jul 14, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #2,012 of 3,064
  I like my Fidue A83s but I think they have the potential to do more. I think the seal I get isn't good at all, anyone have any tips to get a better seal? I tried using SpiralDots, about to buy SpinFits... i think I just need a longer nozzle

Several of us came to the same conclusion. We wish it had a longer barrel.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #2,013 of 3,064
I helped a friend who have an imbalanced pair of A83. Fidue replaced the pair with a new one, by sending a new pair first. Total time is about a month. The first two weeks are the longest, as my inquiry (through email first, then Facebook message) was not responded, but once it is, then the replacement process is quite smooth. I will send the imbalanced pair by the end of month to Hong Kong.

About the A83 itself (new replaced pair), at first the sound is very sibilant, which made me think maybe spiral dots tips will be a good match. After about two hours, the high tamed a bit, it is still sibilant but no longer sharp. I am enjoying them now (before returning it to my friend) and can understand the tuning and why A83 is the flagship of Fidue.

This make me curious about the A73 though. Anyway at the end good service from Fidue, and A83 is a good audio product.

Jul 16, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #2,017 of 3,064
Originally Posted by gangnamstyle 

I like my Fidue A83s but I think they have the potential to do more. I think the seal I get isn't good at all, anyone have any tips to get a better seal? I tried using SpiralDots, about to buy SpinFits... i think I just need a longer nozzle.

Yes! I think the A83 has more potential as well regarding better sealing tips.
Let us know how you feel about the Spiral dots if you get them, as I'm using JVC tips I had previously

Jul 17, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #2,019 of 3,064
Originally Posted by gangnamstyle 

I like my Fidue A83s but I think they have the potential to do more. I think the seal I get isn't good at all, anyone have any tips to get a better seal? I tried using SpiralDots, about to buy SpinFits... i think I just need a longer nozzle.

Yes! I think the A83 has more potential as well regarding better sealing tips.
Let us know how you feel about the Spiral dots if you get them, as I'm using JVC tips I had previously

SpiralDot should provide a pretty decent seal, at least the best seal for me where tight/snug fit is concerned. I sometimes use them for their sound though overall they lose out to these tips found on Lunashops site imo.

Can't say they will work for you exactly the same though they're so cheap you can try.

http://www.lunashops.com/search.php?encode=YTo1OntzOjg6ImNhdGVnb3J5IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6ODoia2V5d29yZHMiO3M6OToidGYxMCB0aXBzIjtzOjE6IngiO3M6MToiMCI7czoxOiJ5IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6MTg6InNlYXJjaF9lbmNvZGVfdGltZSI7aToxNDM3MTIzNjM3O30=

Jul 17, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #2,020 of 3,064

SpiralDot should provide a pretty decent seal, at least the best seal for me where tight/snug fit is concerned. I sometimes use them for their sound though overall they lose out to these tips found on Lunashops site imo.

Can't say they will work for you exactly the same though they're so cheap you can try.

http://www.lunashops.com/search.php?encode=YTo1OntzOjg6ImNhdGVnb3J5IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6ODoia2V5d29yZHMiO3M6OToidGYxMCB0aXBzIjtzOjE6IngiO3M6MToiMCI7czoxOiJ5IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6MTg6InNlYXJjaF9lbmNvZGVfdGltZSI7aToxNDM3MTIzNjM3O30=

Nice to know. Thanks ; )

Listen, H20, are they a bit bigger/larger than other L tips?

Jul 17, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #2,021 of 3,064

Nice to know. Thanks ; )

Listen, H20, are they a bit bigger/larger than other L tips?

They look it don't they? 

Its more their design fits slightly differently. Keeping in mind they're the largest size (Large) of that style in the photo, yes they're wider than a large Sony hybrid tip, but with thinner walls. Rather than insert deeply into your canal they form a seal on the outer edge without entering completely into the ear canal. (at least for me).

This basically gives the nozzle more reach or.. keeps A83's housing from hitting your ear.

They're also quite good at giving the upper mid-range extra crispness and expanding soundstage width.

Used these tips on many IEMs over time.

Jul 17, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #2,022 of 3,064
They look it don't they? 

Its more their design fits slightly differently. Keeping in mind they're the largest size (Large) of that style in the photo, yes they're wider than a large Sony hybrid tip, but with thinner walls. Rather than insert deeply into your canal they form a seal on the outer edge without entering completely into the ear canal. (at least for me).

This basically gives the nozzle more reach or.. keeps A83's housing from hitting your ear.

They're also quite good at giving the upper mid-range extra crispness and expanding soundstage width.

Used these tips on many IEMs over time.

So H20, you say they sound "better" than the spin fit?

Jul 17, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #2,023 of 3,064
So H20, you say they sound "better" than the spin fit?

For me they sound better than SpinFit tips. I love the concept, design, comfort, extra insertion depth SpinFit tips provide, I totally dig the concept though I don't like how they seem to funnel or hinder the mid-range with most IEM I try them with.

Id be interested in a V2 SpinFit tip with a wider bore. (more along the lines of the tip above)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back