FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jun 24, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #1,847 of 3,064

Depends what your running out of. In my case, I run through an iPod Touch 5th gen, no amp, no EQ, and to my ears, yes they can be sibilant at times, especially at higher volumes (like when I'm riding a bus).

Scratch that, I am new to all of this headphone stuff, but I don't really like the sound. I think it might be an issue with the ear tips, so I bought Comply Comfort Plus to try them. The highs are the part that are bothering me- they hurt. 

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #1,848 of 3,064
  Scratch that, I am new to all of this headphone stuff, but I don't really like the sound. I think it might be an issue with the ear tips, so I bought Comply Comfort Plus to try them. The highs are the part that are bothering me- they hurt. 

I wouldn't be surprised if you're just more sensitive to highs than I am, everyone hears differently and has different tastes. I don't currently have any recommendations for IEMs with rolled-off highs or less treble energy (other than the Cypher Labs C6iem, but it's way too expensive for how it performs), but H20Fidelity or Brooko might be able to help you out, as well as others in this thread who have heard more IEMs than I have. I'd also recommend the VSonic GR06, but that's an old IEM at this point and nowhere near the league of the A83 in terms of quality (barring comparison of sound sig of course as that's subjective).

Jun 24, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #1,849 of 3,064

I wouldn't be surprised if you're just more sensitive to highs than I am, everyone hears differently and has different tastes. I don't currently have any recommendations for IEMs with rolled-off highs or less treble energy (other than the Cypher Labs C6iem, but it's way too expensive for how it performs), but H20Fidelity or Brooko might be able to help you out, as well as others in this thread who have heard more IEMs than I have. I'd also recommend the VSonic GR06, but that's an old IEM at this point and nowhere near the league of the A83 in terms of quality (barring comparison of sound sig of course as that's subjective).

Maybe. Thanks for all your help! 

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #1,850 of 3,064
@gangnamstyle - recommendations will be very dependent on what type of sound you are looking for.

If you want something with good balance, and not too much upper end emphasis, a good place to start would be the DUNU DN-2000.  If you wnat a warmer earphone (more bass, and rolled highs) - maybe the RHA T10i ( it was far too warm and bassy for me - but might be exactly what you're looking for).

Others that come to mind include the Fidue A81 and A71.  Also maybe the Thinksound Rain2.

Unfortunately you and I have opposite tastes - so if you read any of my reviews, take that into account.  I do not like rolled off treble.

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #1,851 of 3,064
"Alright I will try those, thanks! Are they supposed to be a little sibilant?"

No idea- they wouldn't work with my ears- too shallow a seal.  

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #1,853 of 3,064
  @gangnamstyle - recommendations will be very dependent on what type of sound you are looking for.

If you want something with good balance, and not too much upper end emphasis, a good place to start would be the DUNU DN-2000.  If you wnat a warmer earphone (more bass, and rolled highs) - maybe the RHA T10i ( it was far too warm and bassy for me - but might be exactly what you're looking for).

Others that come to mind include the Fidue A81 and A71.  Also maybe the Thinksound Rain2.

Unfortunately you and I have opposite tastes - so if you read any of my reviews, take that into account.  I do not like rolled off treble.

Thank you very much for your advice. I might sell the A83s and buy the DN2000 but not before I try the T400s and Spiral Dots that I just bought. 

Dunu1000 hae a restrained treble, as does, at a much higher price point, Shure 846.

Grhhh.... Poor wallet... Thanks for your advice! But I don't think I can afford a thousand dollar IEM yet :) 

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #1,855 of 3,064
  Thank you very much for your advice. I might sell the A83s and buy the DN2000 but not before I try the T400s and Spiral Dots that I just bought. 

Grhhh.... Poor wallet... Thanks for your advice! But I don't think I can afford a thousand dollar IEM yet :) 

I found my A83's harsh and occasionally sibilant as well until I tried JVC spiral dots ---> magic!

Jun 25, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #1,856 of 3,064
I found my A83's harsh and occasionally sibilant as well until I tried JVC spiral dots ---> magic!

I can agree with the harsh comment however, prefer using the word 'aggressive'. It's what leads to early fatigue but also plays a big part of A83 revealing big detail. Love it, hate both at the same time. But it would be crazy if I told you from two A83 units I had on hand at once, at home, at the same time one pair sounded more aggressive or harsher (slightly) than the other.

Ripley's belive it or not.

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #1,857 of 3,064
Hey guys,

I'm new to head-fi.org and I am super happy to find this forum. It's trully is a special place to learn about iem, asolutely amazing. Someone recommended me the Fidue A83 and I purchased them. OMG the difference in sound quality from what I was using before were incredibly different. Absolutely stunning sound quality. 

Now, my question is this, I'm looking to purchased some replaceable copper cables for around $100. I listen to more electronica music than any other genre out there. The cables it came with were silver plated ofc cables which I have no understanding to it except that copper cables give a more warm sound/bass. Does anyone have a recommendation for replacement cables? I would like to have a back up just in case this goes out. Thank you much guys and I am always reading information and trying to burn them to my brain for future reference. Once again thanks all for you help.

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #1,858 of 3,064
Hey guys,

I'm new to head-fi.org and I am super happy to find this forum. It's trully is a special place to learn about iem, asolutely amazing. Someone recommended me the Fidue A83 and I purchased them. OMG the difference in sound quality from what I was using before were incredibly different. Absolutely stunning sound quality. 

Now, my question is this, I'm looking to purchased some replaceable copper cables for around $100. I listen to more electronica music than any other genre out there. The cables it came with were silver plated ofc cables which I have no understanding to it except that copper cables give a more warm sound/bass. Does anyone have a recommendation for replacement cables? I would like to have a back up just in case this goes out. Thank you much guys and I am always reading information and trying to burn them to my brain for future reference. Once again thanks all for you help.

Shure MMCX replacement cables can be useful. They add a bit of body and warmth to the sound without distorting other frequencies (hoping that the copper wires contribute to it). Had to decrease the volume by 1 in my Sony NWZ-A15 player and still enjoy listening to my tracks. Anything with silver increases treble response, so it brings out more sibilance on sibilance-prone tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back