FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jun 15, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #1,816 of 3,064
Yep. Some of the bigger reviewers already have a set to play with. Sadly - I have to wait my turn like everyone else :wink:

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #1,818 of 3,064

What do you prefer on the SE846 over the A83?

Clarity of sound, better detail, richer/fuller, less "grain," they just sound better.  Of course they cost much more, so I would hope they would.  
smile.gif
  However, for the price, the A83 is a superb iem.

Jun 21, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #1,819 of 3,064

Clarity of sound, better detail, richer/fuller, less "grain," they just sound better.  Of course they cost much more, so I would hope they would.  
smile.gif
  However, for the price, the A83 is a superb iem.

Agreed, but without derailing the thread too much I have spent little time with the Shure so hardly fair comment but I always left feeling like there was a lack of soundstage, instrument and air? Please take that with a grain of salt, just felt like lower priced iems have outshined it in this department including the A83.

Jun 21, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #1,820 of 3,064
I find the 846s have a wider soundstage and better instrument placement.  The bass and mids are smoother as well, though there is plenty of thump when needed.  The only thing I don't like about them in comparison to the Fidues is they are a bit lacking in treble extension.  Note that this is both single-ended and balanced using my Pono(s).  Again, for the price the Fidues are stellar.  

Jun 22, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #1,821 of 3,064
Due to heavy construction work going on inside our house I've had to place most of my audio collection into storage temporary preventing damage from vibrations. I had to make a selection on what to keep, A83 and Shozy Alien were included in my rations kit.

Jun 22, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #1,823 of 3,064
Good choices.  This is still going on?  Will it never end?

Maybe by Christmas... (seriously)

I've also kept a DX50 because there are times a man needs a screen, and I don't mind DX50 with A83 on firmware v1.6.0

A83 should provide me that happy medium where it's not budget nore extremely high-end though easily satisfys. We just get along really well.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #1,827 of 3,064
For me the eternal question is: A83 or FX850? I still can't decide. Need more opinions. I love bass, the more the better, but love micro-detail, layering, separation, treble, mids, etc, and still did not understand if FX850 has this due to elevated bass.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #1,828 of 3,064
  Just bought used A83s from a Head-Fier. I will do a comparison to my A73s when I get them probably sometime middle of this week. 

Did you buy it from the FS/FT forum? I saw a listing early today for one that looked like it was in really good condition, complete with accessories for under $200! Cuz if so than you got a fantastic deal.

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #1,830 of 3,064
Yep, thats the one. I think the exact price was 179. I hope I don't regret this haha

Well, from all of the impressions so far in this thread, does it sound like it might fit your music preferences? Because if so, then you've gotten a stellar deal; I would've taken it if I didn't technically already have a pair. If the sound sig of the A83 fits the music you play, then it does things very right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back