FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jun 14, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #1,801 of 3,064
I will be playing through either my X1 or directly through my I phone 5...or my computer. I like a deep bass... When the music warrants it...but in absolutely no way a bass head, as jazz, and similar music is my passion. I do love me some hip hop, and new age, but still no bass head. I like a large soundstage and articulation, and as much isolation as comfort allows, but most important would be resilience. This is why I am contemplating the a81 over the a83...I have read dynamics can take abuse better than BA's. Not that I am ever careless, I just want something as reliable as a timex, day in day out, I can wear 2-3 hours per day, remove and store, and reinsert, 4-5 times a day as well. My budget tops at 250, if I include shipping in that, so the potential is large...

You like articulation?

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #1,802 of 3,064
The A81 has a 2 pin cable - which may end up being better with longevity than the A83 cable.  The MMCX connectors can be a bit hit and miss - I was one of the unlucky ones with cable issues.  In the end I got another cable (Shure standard cable for the SE series), and have never had another issue.

But from what you mentioned (your preferences), I would suggest A83 over A81, and DUNU DN-1000 over both of them. For a best of all worlds situation, you should still consider the Trinity Delta for it's tuning ability.  It will have a better fitment than both Fidues (which are pretty shallow insertion).

If you don't mind some EQ - then the A81 can be very good, but tends to be warm and smooth.

You should also look out for reviews and perhaps ask anyone who has heard the Fidue A73, and RHA T20.  I've heard neither - but they could also possibly be on your radar.

Edit - changed A71 to A73 - thank Midgetguy

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #1,803 of 3,064
  The A81 has a 2 pin cable - which may end up being better with longevity than the A83 cable.  The MMCX connectors can be a bit hit and miss - I was one of the unlucky ones with cable issues.  In the end I got another cable (Shure standard cable for the SE series), and have never had another issue.

But from what you mentioned (your preferences), I would suggest A83 over A81, and DUNU DN-1000 over both of them. For a best of all worlds situation, you should still consider the Trinity Delta for it's tuning ability.  It will have a better fitment than both Fidues (which are pretty shallow insertion).

If you don't mind some EQ - then the A81 can be very good, but tends to be warm and smooth.

You ahould also look out for reviews and perhaps ask anyone who has heard the Fidue A71, and RHA T20.  I've heard neither - but they could also possibly be on your radar.

+1 on MMCX being hit and miss. At least yours was just an issue on the male side of the connector, mine was unfortunately on the female side.

Brooko, have you had a chance to hear the A73 by any chance? That might also be a lower-cost choice if it sounds good.

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #1,804 of 3,064
Nope - unfortunately not yet. I've read quite a bit about the A73, and opinions seem to be a bit conflicted on them (I have a friend who knows my tastes well, owns them, and thinks they might be a bit warm for me).  They may be perfect for Eenaii though.

My post above was supposed to be suggesting RHA T20 or A73 to look into (not the A71 which I was definitely not impressed with) - so thanks for pointing that one out 
smile.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #1,805 of 3,064
  Nope - unfortunately not yet. I've read quite a bit about the A73, and opinions seem to be a bit conflicted on them (I have a friend who knows my tastes well, owns them, and thinks they might be a bit warm for me).  They may be perfect for Eenaii though.

My post above was supposed to be suggesting RHA T20 or A73 to look into (not the A71 which I was definitely not impressed with) - so thanks for pointing that one out 
smile.gif

Always happy to lend a hand
bigsmile_face.gif
. What was disappointing about the A71? It crossed my radar before I looked at a higher pricing tier. The A83 has been a very good showing of what Fidue can do in my opinion, I'm happy I ended up with one.

T20's releasing soon to replace the T10 right? How did the T10 sound compared to the A83? It was another IEM I had looked into trying before I ended up with the A83. I figured the T10 would be like a refinement of the MA750, which from what I read didn't quite fit me (though maybe I can actually try that sometime and figure it out). The T10 and T20 are some aesthetically good-looking IEMs though, at least to my tastes. The metal faceplate of the A83 is nice too, though I'm kinda torn in terms of its color. Champagne gold isn't quite my thing, but the aluminum color on the A73 feels a little too bright. Maybe I'm just more of that titanium/gunmetal kinda guy.

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #1,806 of 3,064
A71 - very warm, smooth and bassy.  Slow bass decay.  Just didn't gel with me at all.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a71-dual-dynamic-drivers-hi-fi-earphones/reviews/12120

T10i had the best build I'd ever encountered on an IEM, and one of the best ergonomic fits.  But it was very bassy and very warm (worse than the A71).  It was a real pity because with EQ they really came alive.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-t10i/reviews/12006

I just really dislike anything with bass bleed .....

Jun 15, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #1,807 of 3,064
  I can appreciate your POV that the A83 are a great IEM - I rate them myself.  The issue here is that you stated that it was 100% the way for Eenaii to go - without knowing about the A81 at all.  And simply reading about the A81 (as opposed to hearing it) makes you no more informed when someone asks direct questions.  Your safest bet was to simply reply with your experience on the A83 vs the Titan, and suggest that of the two, the A83 would be the way to go - but also suggest that he look for someone with direct experience with the A81.

Ahhh I see. I guess I just meant I would reccomend them 100% not to neccesarily 100% buy them OVER any other phone!
Sorry,sometimes communication is tricky without being there in person and watching each others faces :D

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #1,808 of 3,064
Wow thanks so much guys for the input.

I think I will go for the Dunu's DN 1000, or the RHA T20, but I don't know where the T20 is available for sale thus far...

Thanks a million brooko for being such help to me with this. 
I am going to be able to buy these, as well as some A63's to wear to the gym to boot, at the price point I was looking at!!

Win Win for me!

And I will forever wonder what i am missing out on with the A83, but that wonder will soon dissipate when they release their next miracle IEM's for me to drool over, hopefully with a tank like build, and a never fail removable cabling option. :D

But worse would have been to buy a pair, and then risk issues, not that everyone has them, but some do...And then the ensuing frustration that follows.

I am kind to my gear, but I seldom use it indoors TBH, and the A83, from the impression I get is an inside dog, and I am looking more for a border collie, or a sheep dog. 

Thanks for all the input on this matter of little significance to all y'all, but of HUGE significance to me. 

It shows a million reasons why i really like Head-Fi and the people that constitute its community.

To all who have helped me thanks again. 

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #1,810 of 3,064
I am listening across the board, except the following:

ANY and all Gospel Music
American ****ry music (i believe it will ruin my speakers to listen to this garbage)
House 
Classical

Otherwise I will listen to anything not covered in these genres at any given time, but I especially like Jazz, and Live recordings of Samba drums (think Carnaval) and Hip hop/ old school D.J. mixes (I.E. modern festival music)

Eclectic, I know :D

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #1,813 of 3,064
Ok than dunu dn-1000 is good choice.

If you listen rock and thrash metal, t-peos h200, altone h200 or a83 maybe would be better.
But according to your taste, dune is right option, imo of course.
You don't think the RHA t series would be good with these genres? They are built like a bank vault... Would be good for me :)

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #1,814 of 3,064
Very few people have heard the T20 - so it's kind of hard to guess.  It is supposed to be a much improved T10.  Personally I found the T10i to be very bassy, very warm, and sonically very disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back