FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jun 14, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #1,786 of 3,064
How about the a81's? I have seen good reviews but no one comparing them to the a83...should I just go a83 if I am choosing between the two? The price differential I am being offered between them is minimal, but since these will be my daily drivers, I think maybe the single dynamic will endure more day to day life...

Jun 14, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #1,787 of 3,064
How about the a81's? I have seen good reviews but no one comparing them to the a83...should I just go a83 if I am choosing between the two? The price differential I am being offered between them is minimal, but since these will be my daily drivers, I think maybe the single dynamic will endure more day to day life...

A83 100%

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #1,789 of 3,064

A83 100%

Curious - have you actually heard the Fidue A81 - and have you spent any extended time with it to make that observation?

+1. I haven't heard the A81, but from what I've read, the A83 should be the easy choice.

And again - I've been back through all of Eenaii's posts, and not once does he list sonic preferences.  If he prefers a warm bass oriented signature - and V shaped as opposed to more balanced, then the A81 may be the better choice over the A83.  The problem is that we don't have enough information to help someone make a potential buying decision.

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #1,790 of 3,064

I've heard all three - A81, Titan, and A81.  The A81 is now gone (it didn't suit my personal sonic preferences), but I still have A83 and Titan.

My reviews on each:
A81 - http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a81-in-ear-noise-isolating-earphones-heaphones-with-high-end-super-dynamic-driver/reviews/11643
Titan - http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/12309
A83 - http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a83-reference-class-triple-hybrid-iem/reviews/11605

It would help if you listed your sonic preferences or past headphones you've had or heard - what you liked, what you didn't, preferences on isolation, fit (cable up or down), and anything else you feel might be relevant. Also - what source will you be using?

All three earphones you've listed are very different.

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #1,792 of 3,064

A83 100%

Curious - have you actually heard the Fidue A81 - and have you spent any extended time with it to make that observation?

The question was 'in that there is not much different in price would I reccomend the A81 / or A83?'

I havent spent any time with the A81 but I have enough experience with audio to know that the A83'
is a very special IEM and would therefore recommend them 100% with no reservation :) 

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #1,793 of 3,064
I had the shire se215, and hifiman re400's. and those seemed just ok to me. I am no bass head, and listen to a lot of jazz, old blues, and sometimes, live Samba drum recordings. I have been searching for the holy grail of accuracy without sacrifice in "fun" and bass kick. I have not heard either the a83 or the a81 personally, but everyone I have seen posting has been extremely babying their a83's, and I am more of a YOLO, use them til they die kinda guy, so I want something that can handle abuse from constant use everywhere...on the train, the bus, walking the dog, driving long distances...so I don't want to spend the money on some frail pair even if they are sonically what I search for, just to use them in my house. I want a high fidelity workhorse, something to last me through the warranty and then some if I use them daily, and still be the most accurate, sweet sounding IEMS I have ever had. Need more info?

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #1,794 of 3,064

The question was 'in that there is not much different in price would I reccomend the A81 / or A83?'

I havent spent any time with the A81 but I have enough experience with audio to know that the A83'
is a very special IEM and would therefore recommend them 100% with no reservation :) 

Sorry - but someone here is making a buying decision, and has asked for a recommendation from someone who has heard both.  You haven't. Therefore you have no point of reference.  If I was in that situation - I would not be making statements like:

A83 100%

Tell me  - how is the A83 100% the better choice?  How does it differ?  On what criteria?

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #1,795 of 3,064
I had the shire se215, and hifiman re400's. and those seemed just ok to me. I am no bass head, and listen to a lot of jazz, old blues, and sometimes, live Samba drum recordings. I have been searching for the holy grail of accuracy without sacrifice in "fun" and bass kick. I have not heard either the a83 or the a81 personally, but everyone I have seen posting has been extremely babying their a83's, and I am more of a YOLO, use them til they die kinda guy, so I want something that can handle abuse from constant use everywhere...on the train, the bus, walking the dog, driving long distances...so I don't want to spend the money on some frail pair even if they are sonically what I search for, just to use them in my house. I want a high fidelity workhorse, something to last me through the warranty and then some if I use them daily, and still be the most accurate, sweet sounding IEMS I have ever had. Need more info?

A little more would be helpful.  How much is your need for high isolation?

I unfortunately haven't heard the RE400s and only had a very short audition ofthe 215's.  What did you like / not like about the Shures?

What is your budget?  What will you be using as a source (what player or player/amp)?

What I guess you're asking for (reading between the lines in your comments) is that you're looking for a reasonably detailed IEM, but still having some sub-bass kick.  Maybe a little V shaped - with emphasis on both highs and lows?

If I have this right - then the A83 will probably suit your sonic tasttes more than the A81 - but there have been issues with the cable, and if you're not one to baby your gear - they may be a little fragile.

Depending on your budget - the DUNU DN-1000 may also be worth a look .... V shaped, good quatity of bass, nice clarity - probably easier to find a good seal than the A83. Another one to consider would be the Trinity Delta - tunable filters, good balance, very clear, but with nice bass line as well.  I'd probably avoid the Titan if you're using in a noisy environment (train) - it won't isolate enough.  Pity though - it is a great IEM.

If you can answer some of those other questions, I might be able to help further.

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #1,796 of 3,064

Sorry - but someone here is making a buying decision, and has asked for a recommendation from someone who has heard both.  You haven't. Therefore you have no point of reference.  If I was in that situation - I would not be making statements like:

A83 100%

Tell me  - how is the A83 100% the better choice?  How does it differ?  On what criteria?

Look, there is no way of knowing anything for sure as we all have unique experiences.
However
I clearly stated I havent heard the A81 - I never said it was better...
I researched the A83 a LOT before buying as I have little to no money
As no-one that i have yet found had any critisim of them,
based on ALL the reviews here,
that they are the flagship of the company, 
that Benny himself tuned them (using his 20 years experience)
using my own own small experince as an Audio Engineer,
that there was little difference in price for him
then, Yes I would 100% reccomend them ALONE
I am not nor did I reccomend them over the A81, just from their own side

Jeez, what do you want from me??
I thought i was open and honest as to my experience / non-experience and was only 100% recomending the A83 
(as I have them and use them on a daily basis) 
I didnt say he SHOULD buy them only that (as with everything) IMHO I feel confident o reccomend them in and off themselves

You kindly posted your detailed reviews above which he can check for himself

I am only saying IMO I would, forgive me for thinking in a different way to you
now kindly go and bother a troll somewhere
I love audio, I love the A83, I wish I could share my audio experiences with more people and would I would reccomend them to ANYONE, even my rabbit, and he hasn't a clue whats going on (he would probably like the colour though:)
xx
Night night, or good morning in your case

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #1,797 of 3,064
Having said all that :)
Im kind of in the same boat - I dont want to take my A83's on holiday so I have been casually looking for  a similar sounding
less expensive IEM to travel with and the Delta Trinit may be just the ticket

Ps Having read some of your great reviews . . . are there ANY iems that dont remind you of HD600??
:wink:  (I also love the HD600 - they are my go to cans)

Jun 14, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #1,798 of 3,064
I can appreciate your POV that the A83 are a great IEM - I rate them myself.  The issue here is that you stated that it was 100% the way for Eenaii to go - without knowing about the A81 at all.  And simply reading about the A81 (as opposed to hearing it) makes you no more informed when someone asks direct questions.  Your safest bet was to simply reply with your experience on the A83 vs the Titan, and suggest that of the two, the A83 would be the way to go - but also suggest that he look for someone with direct experience with the A81.

Jun 14, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #1,799 of 3,064
  Having said all that :)
Im kind of in the same boat - I dont want to take my A83's on holiday so I have been casually looking for  a similar sounding
less expensive IEM to travel with and the Delta Trinit may be just the ticket

Ps Having read some of your great reviews . . . are there ANY iems that dont remind you of HD600??
:wink:  (I also love the HD600 - they are my go to cans)

LOL - I guess over time, it's become a standard for me.

Unfortunately the Trinity Delta are a bit different to the A83.  I actually prefer them more - but you may not if you really love the A83 sig.  Comparatively - the Deltas (black filter) have less bass impact, are slightly better balanced, and are a little thinner through the mid-range.  I personally find them a little clearer - the A83 has a slight haze through the upper mids which I never noticed until I started using the Delta and now the DN-2000J.

All 3 (Delta, A83 and 2000J) are top of their game as far as hybrids go though - and all are incredible value for money.

I think you are in UK?  You should PM Bob from Trinity and see about getting a demo of the Trinity line-up.  Definitely worth an audition.

Jun 14, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #1,800 of 3,064
I will be playing through either my X1 or directly through my I phone 5...or my computer. I like a deep bass... When the music warrants it...but in absolutely no way a bass head, as jazz, and similar music is my passion. I do love me some hip hop, and new age, but still no bass head. I like a large soundstage and articulation, and as much isolation as comfort allows, but most important would be resilience. This is why I am contemplating the a81 over the a83...I have read dynamics can take abuse better than BA's. Not that I am ever careless, I just want something as reliable as a timex, day in day out, I can wear 2-3 hours per day, remove and store, and reinsert, 4-5 times a day as well. My budget tops at 250, if I include shipping in that, so the potential is large...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back