FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Oct 10, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #271 of 3,064
  I already have these ones, even the color is same, These ones came with my Sony Walkman's stock earbuds. The green and orange fits well which i mentioned.

How about the Comply T400s ? Will they provide more isolation and to what extent does the foam tips effect the Upper range ?
And do you know whats the difference between T400 and T500's ?

Also how noticeable is the sound difference between T and Tx models which have dust filter built in ? Is it gonna dampen the upper range further ?

They both are, if you want to minimise that, try the TS, or the S

It's a wonderful DAP apparently, though suffers some low-end roll off too with low impedance IEM. (you will find threads here)

I think the A83 may exhibit some roll off. I hear using the 6.3mm jack with an adapter on C4 is the way to go.

Unamped, yes, I notice a slight roll-off, though you won't notice unless if you pay attention to it - but amped (Aune T1), absolutely beautiful, no roll off, and has that extra bit of warmth that I like 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #272 of 3,064
I already have these ones, even the color is same, These ones came with my Sony Walkman's stock earbuds. The green and orange fits well which i mentioned.

How about the Comply T400s ? Will they provide more isolation and to what extent does the foam tips effect the Upper range ?
And do you know whats the difference between T400 and T500's ?

Also how noticeable is the sound difference between T and Tx models which have dust filter built in ? Is it gonna dampen the upper range further ?

I don't use comply, hopefully someone can help you. I do however recommend trying the tips I linked beside the Sony hyrbid you have. The others are tips I know from experience work well with housings of this type.

Unamped, yes, I notice a slight roll-off, though you won't notice unless if you pay attention to it - but amped (Aune T1), absolutely beautiful, no roll off, and has that extra bit of warmth that I like :bigsmile_face:  

No, I hear no roll off from A83 providing the source measures flat. We're talking about sources that dont have a perfectly flat frequency response. A83 is fine.

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #273 of 3,064

Gonna order Comply Foam tips then. I find the Foam tips that came with fidue's a bit large for my ear size. I am not sure if Comply's M size is exactly the same as the fidue's foam tips or not.
Would  you recommend ordering S size Comply tips straight away or get a mixed pack with (S,M,L) first ?

I don't use comply, hopefully someone can help you.
I do however recommend trying the tips I linked beside the Sony hyrbid you have. The others are tips I know from experience work well with housings of this type.

ebay. com.au      /itm/370840522180?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
(posted the broken link intentionally.)

"18 Replacement Earbuds Tips fit Sony,V-Moda,Sennheiser,Ultimate Ear earphone" 
These are gonna take forever to deliver!!
confused_face.gif

I am wondering if i can get similar ones on amazon.
What are these tips called ? Generic silicon tips ? Need some keywords to find alternative websites that deliver fast.

Oct 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #274 of 3,064
Oct 11, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #275 of 3,064

Gonna order Comply Foam tips then. I find the Foam tips that came with fidue's a bit large for my ear size. I am not sure if Comply's M size is exactly the same as the fidue's foam tips or not.
Would  you recommend ordering S size Comply tips straight away or get a mixed pack with (S,M,L) first ?

ebay. com.au      /itm/370840522180?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
(posted the broken link intentionally.)

"18 Replacement Earbuds Tips fit Sony,V-Moda,Sennheiser,Ultimate Ear earphone" 
These are gonna take forever to deliver!!
confused_face.gif

I am wondering if i can get similar ones on amazon.
What are these tips called ? Generic silicon tips ? Need some keywords to find alternative websites that deliver fast.

I don't think they have an official name.  You'd be better off going by pictures. "ear tips" is a good place to strart.

The main thing is you find something that works, others can come in due time to experiment with.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aeartips&keywords=eartips&ie=UTF8&qid=1413001403

Well I don't know, H2O- I usually try whatever you suggest, but on this one.....   http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xear+tips&_nkw=ear+tips&_sacat=0  I just don't know.  Especially as I wear my iems when I go walking.  Though I might make some new friends.  
gs1000.gif

I actually have the complete set of these, wig uncluded. I wear them while surfing Head-fi. 

Oct 11, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #276 of 3,064
Mine just arrived at Los Angeles and are moving towards destination.  Pretty quick trip from Hong Kong.  <Crossing fingers they will be here Monday>

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #277 of 3,064
How I've been spending some of my Sunday. 

I'm still tip rolling though it appears the single flange that come with Altone200 work best for me.

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #278 of 3,064
  How I've been spending some of my Sunday. 

I'm still tip rolling though it appears the single flange that come with Altone200 work best for me.

I'll see your C3 and raise you a C4
biggrin.gif

I just tried the provided double flanges and I'm finding them surprisingly good - surprising because my ear anatomy normally renders double flanges completely useless

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #279 of 3,064
I'll see your C3 and raise you a C4 :D

I just tried the provided double flanges and I'm finding them surprisingly good - surprising because my ear anatomy normally renders double flanges completely useless

Pulling out the big guns!

My A83 are psyching up for their big review day, should have it nailed by this weekend.

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #281 of 3,064
I've enjoyed the combo with my Ipod & P-51, a bit more than my desktop setup (Due to the P-51 having a pretty warm signature which balances out the A83 just right for me)

Was at Comic Con here in NY yesterday, spent the time moving around the showfloor with the FIdue's keeping me company.

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #282 of 3,064
I've enjoyed the combo with my Ipod & P-51, a bit more than my desktop setup (Due to the P-51 having a pretty warm signature which balances out the A83 just right for me)

Was at Comic Con here in NY yesterday, spent the time moving around the showfloor with the FIdue's keeping me company.

Glad you're enjoying them Hank, they're my goto IEM when I want a female vocal fix. Thier reproduction of some of my favourites is right up there. When I listen to my A83 I find myself playing the same albums (which I must break, that habbit) to test thier versatility.

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #283 of 3,064
Can i ask you guys, can you compare the Fidue 83 signature to any of the offerings from westone or Shure? I'm trying to get a feel what it sounds like, dont have the luxury of trying out here

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #284 of 3,064
No, I can't, because my pair didn't arrive today because it's a national holiday in the US and there's no mail delivery.  
evil_smiley.gif

Oh, and I don't have the two other brands you mentioned.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back