FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Sep 11, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #136 of 3,064
Just got these 2 days ago, and the sound is amazing from these. But i have a problem with the left earpiece, that is when i move the cable a little the sound cuts out, this does not happened to the right earpiece. I even tried to disconnect and connect the cable but the sound still cuts out when the cable is moved.

I read that someone else also had some problems a few pages back. Well i guess i have too send them back for repairs.

Sep 14, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #138 of 3,064
  Just got these 2 days ago, and the sound is amazing from these. But i have a problem with the left earpiece, that is when i move the cable a little the sound cuts out, this does not happened to the right earpiece. I even tried to disconnect and connect the cable but the sound still cuts out when the cable is moved.

I read that someone else also had some problems a few pages back. Well i guess i have too send them back for repairs.

Are the more people that have problems with these? 

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #142 of 3,064
  It helped too clean it, but it did not fully solve the problem:frowning2:

Yeah. It's a pain. Shure's IEMs always need a monthly cleaning, but cleaning it never solved the issue fully. New cable, washer rings for the connector(SE846's cable has it), or a deep cleaning(with cleaning agents) should fully solve the issue. Best of lucks.

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #143 of 3,064
Just swapped the original cable for a 7N occ 8 wire 26 awg copper cable. Sounds much better.

I used a multimeter to the original wire and it came to about 0.9-0.8 range, the new cable came to 0.05 ohm reading.

The vocals and bass sound much better, the treble is a bit smoother but not as significant improvement with the new wire.

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #144 of 3,064
  Yeah. It's a pain. Shure's IEMs always need a monthly cleaning, but cleaning it never solved the issue fully. New cable, washer rings for the connector(SE846's cable has it), or a deep cleaning(with cleaning agents) should fully solve the issue. Best of lucks.

Hmm, i can send it back and get myself a replacement pair. But that replacement pair may also develop this problem someday cause of the Shure connectors. Then i am just gonna end up paying the shipment too China for nothing. 
What would ou guys do? I am quiet puzzled here.

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #145 of 3,064
I believe I have a pair of Fidue A83 coming in this week. I'll be sure to pop in sometime. I hold great confidence in Brooko's opinion on them.

Sep 16, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #146 of 3,064
  Hmm, i can send it back and get myself a replacement pair. But that replacement pair may also develop this problem someday cause of the Shure connectors. Then i am just gonna end up paying the shipment too China for nothing. 
What would ou guys do? I am quiet puzzled here.

Well, there definitely is variation from pair to pair. My friend's SE215SP's connectors were good for 3 months, while my SE215 had connection issues after a month of usage. If the connection is really that bad, try to swap the left and right of the cable, and figure out if it is indeed the MMCX that's causing the problem. If it is, even a replacement cable should improve the issue by a lot.
  I believe I have a pair of Fidue A83 coming in this week. I'll be sure to pop in sometime. I hold great confidence in Brooko's opinion on them.

And I have a pair coming in from Fidue as well! I'm trying not to read any reviews on them(so as to prevent any bias), but quite a few told me that they were great.

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #147 of 3,064

I've been slack actually - photos are taken, review is half written - but I haven't had time to finish it yet.  What I will say is that out of the IEM's I've heard (including the DN-1000, Altone200, SE535 LE and quite a few others) - the A83 is the best I've heard - for my personal tastes.  I only had Vics one for two days before I bought (purchased) a set from Fidue.  More once I finish the review - but these are pretty close to Nirvana for me!

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #148 of 3,064

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. There's no doubt they're very transparent and coherent. I've fired them up again today for a session while I work and happened to try the Brainwavz S5 tips on the A83 - they're a great fit for me!

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #149 of 3,064
So the Fidue A83 arrived to me this morning.

All I'm going to say is........

My Rhapsodio hybrid has met its match. 

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #150 of 3,064
Told ya 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back