FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 2, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #3 of 3,064
Looking forward to some impressions ! I bought a pair of the A63 for a friend was quite impressed I loved the mid centric sound just suburb, especially for a budget iem. Wondering if they have kept a similar house sound or gone for a revamp ??

Jul 3, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #9 of 3,064
I'll be posting here at some point when mine arrive :) great thread. I hope these get some exposure here on Head-fi especially as hybrids are the thing to have at the moment and these offer over the ear styling vs T-Peos and Dunu.

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #10 of 3,064
Just got this, very satisfying low and upper mid (female vocal) though not without slight coloration and very slight hint of sibilance, nice clarity though but upper high is a bit recessed for my liking (this is very subjective and I reckon most people will be fine or even prefer this kind), good enough soundstage (due to rather present midrange you won't feel hall-like stage). Need more burn-in time and maybe cable swapping with full copper later on. :D

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #11 of 3,064
Spending more time with these today and they are ultra revealing! They are revealing the poor quality of my iPod Shuffle's amp with lots of audible hiss so I switched to my old Walkman for the gym and they sound great with that - I'm hearing details in songs that I never knew were there - even with my TOTL desktop rig!

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #12 of 3,064
I just received mine and immediately noticed hiss out of my HTC One. No hiss through desktop via FiiO E18 though. Definitely brighter than neutral but not as bright as the H-300 from what I remember. I observed a spike around the 7kHz and I'm sure theres another one somewhere in the highs. Noticeable amount of sibilance as well. Vocals are not as forward as I'd like them to be as I like very vocal forward signatures. I won't say they are veiled at this point. Mids to lower mids are boosted slightly more than what I am use to giving it a 'hollow' feel which I feel is a plus for acoustics but some might call it muddy. Bass is tight and subbass comes across smoothly at an acceptable speed. Wonder if it will change for the better.

Jul 7, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #13 of 3,064
  I just received mine and immediately noticed hiss out of my HTC One. No hiss through desktop via FiiO E18 though. Definitely brighter than neutral but not as bright as the H-300 from what I remember. I observed a spike around the 7kHz and I'm sure theres another one somewhere in the highs. Noticeable amount of sibilance as well. Vocals are not as forward as I'd like them to be as I like very vocal forward signatures. I won't say they are veiled at this point. Mids to lower mids are boosted slightly more than what I am use to giving it a 'hollow' feel which I feel is a plus for acoustics but some might call it muddy. Bass is tight and subbass comes across smoothly at an acceptable speed. Wonder if it will change for the better.

Sounds pretty much like what I'm hearing, jonyoo. I do think it settles a little with some burn-in, but I'm still trying to find the perfect tips for my ears with the hope that some Comply tips I've ordered will be perfect for both fit and to tame a little of that treble and help the mids shine through.

Yesterday, listening with my old, cheap Sony Walkman I really enjoyed the A83s. The Walkman has a slightly warm signature which enhanced the A83's sound overall and allowed more of the mid-range details to shine through. I was really amazed at the things I was hearing from MP3s played via the Walkman compared to my normal setup of FLACs via Miracles, T1s, or LCD-2s!!

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #15 of 3,064

Sounds pretty much like what I'm hearing, jonyoo. I do think it settles a little with some burn-in, but I'm still trying to find the perfect tips for my ears with the hope that some Comply tips I've ordered will be perfect for both fit and to tame a little of that treble and help the mids shine through.

Yesterday, listening with my old, cheap Sony Walkman I really enjoyed the A83s. The Walkman has a slightly warm signature which enhanced the A83's sound overall and allowed more of the mid-range details to shine through. I was really amazed at the things I was hearing from MP3s played via the Walkman compared to my normal setup of FLACs via Miracles, T1s, or LCD-2s!!

Which size did you order? I reckon the 400 should do. I'll try them on with others when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back