FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 21, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #2,957 of 3,064
  Was wondering how these stack up against the sennheiser ie80's.

(Quite a bit) brighter and leaner and less bassy/warm. Leaner mids and lower treble. Not as immersive but more precise and still really good soundstage. Better bass quality and control as well as higher detail retrieval.

Imho they're excellent IEMs and as long as you don't mind a north-of-neutral (but harmonious and non-peaky) treble, those are really really nice IEMs.

As for the price, you could search for the lowest price on LMUE, Penon Audio, Amazon or ebay (username "bigbargainonline", which is Penon Audio's online store). You can also check the OEM version by/for UPQ, which is called "Q-music QE80". Same IEMs with different MMCX connector style and less included accessories.

Jul 21, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #2,959 of 3,064
@rockmonkey95

If you're out for a smoother, warmer and fuller sound signature, willing to spend around US$200 and are already considering the IE 80, I would highly recommend to go for the LEAR LHF-AE1d instead. It is technically superior to the Senn in about every single area and also allows for a much more precise bass adjustment (IE 80 is only "warm and bassy" or "warm and very bassy" whereas with the LHF-AE1d, you can go from "very balanced" over to "moderately bassy" and "extremely bassy").

Just my $0.02

Aug 9, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #2,960 of 3,064
Hi guys - I'm coming to this thread a little late to the party (about two years late by my reckoning!), but if anyone fancies reading a new Fidue fan's take on the A83, I have just popped some impressions up in the Head Gear section here (as always, any suggestions for improvement/feedback very gratefully received):

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a83-reference-class-triple-hybrid-iem/reviews/16597

For those of you who have been enjoying these for the last few years, good work! :wink:

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #2,961 of 3,064
Hi All

Anyone know where I can either purchase an original replacement cable, or a high quality aftermarket version. I live in the UK, so would prefer a company located in the EU.

Regards

Darren

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #2,964 of 3,064
  I cannot deny at all that I thoroughly love the QE80. During my critical listening phase, it even happened quite often that I was just sucked into the music and totally forgot to take notes or compare it.

Reviewed here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/upq-q-music-qe80/reviews/15744

Though it is not the technically best compared to the DN-2000J and FLC8s, I personally find it the overall most harmonious and a heck of fun.

FLC8s: extreme versatility, excellent midrange, bass speed and separation
DN-2000J: the most "magical" with fast yet tactile bass and a really good soundstage
PRIMACY: the smoothest and most easygoing, with a quick bass response
A83/QE80: extremely enjoyable, v-shaped with bright yet very even treble

I cannot deny at all that I thoroughly love the QE80. During my critical listening phase, it even happened quite often that I was just sucked into the music and totally forgot to take notes or compare it.

Reviewed here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/upq-q-music-qe80/reviews/15744

Though it is not the technically best compared to the DN-2000J and FLC8s, I personally find it the overall most harmonious and a heck of fun.

FLC8s: extreme versatility, excellent midrange, bass speed and separation
DN-2000J: the most "magical" with fast yet tactile bass and a really good soundstage
PRIMACY: the smoothest and most easygoing, with a quick bass response
A83/QE80: extremely enjoyable, v-shaped with bright yet very even treble

I'm interested in the DN-200J, but the lack of a detachable cable makes me weary.  Should this be a concern?

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #2,965 of 3,064
Dark Helmet

That totally depends on how you treat your in-ears. Are you very careful with them and always carry them in the included carrying case when not in use? Have you experienced broken cables in the past?

If you handle your in-ears with care, non-removable cables shouldn't be an issue.

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #2,969 of 3,064
I'm a little late to the party, hope you don't mind. I posted something similar in another thread before, but anyway, are the Fidue A83s good for stage monitoring? Based on reviews--and I've read a lot--the sound signature seems to fit what I have in mind, but I wonder if it can handle being plugged into headphone amplifiers regularly. At 11 ohms, impedance is pretty low, and I'm a little worried about wrecking it. I do use a a Shure SE215 though, and that thing's at 16 ohms, if I'm not mistaken. 

Also, does the A83 now come with a neck cinch? 

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #2,970 of 3,064
  I'm a little late to the party, hope you don't mind. I posted something similar in another thread before, but anyway, are the Fidue A83s good for stage monitoring? Based on reviews--and I've read a lot--the sound signature seems to fit what I have in mind, but I wonder if it can handle being plugged into headphone amplifiers regularly. At 11 ohms, impedance is pretty low, and I'm a little worried about wrecking it. I do use a a Shure SE215 though, and that thing's at 16 ohms, if I'm not mistaken. 

Also, does the A83 now come with a neck cinch? 

Doubt it's good for stage monitoring , just because of isolation. It has a slider, wearing behind neck - neck slider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back