1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread

First

Back
188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197
199 200 201 202 203 204 205
Next

Last
  1. rockmonkey95
    Was wondering how these stack up against the sennheiser ie80's.  also does anyone know where to get these cheap? 

2. HiFiChris Contributor

(Quite a bit) brighter and leaner and less bassy/warm. Leaner mids and lower treble. Not as immersive but more precise and still really good soundstage. Better bass quality and control as well as higher detail retrieval.

Imho they're excellent IEMs and as long as you don't mind a north-of-neutral (but harmonious and non-peaky) treble, those are really really nice IEMs.

As for the price, you could search for the lowest price on LMUE, Penon Audio, Amazon or ebay (username "bigbargainonline", which is Penon Audio's online store). You can also check the OEM version by/for UPQ, which is called "Q-music QE80". Same IEMs with different MMCX connector style and less included accessories.

3. rockmonkey95
    thanks for the answer. most likely leaning towards the sennheiser's based on how you described the two

4. HiFiChris Contributor
    @rockmonkey95

If you're out for a smoother, warmer and fuller sound signature, willing to spend around US$200 and are already considering the IE 80, I would highly recommend to go for the LEAR LHF-AE1d instead. It is technically superior to the Senn in about every single area and also allows for a much more precise bass adjustment (IE 80 is only "warm and bassy" or "warm and very bassy" whereas with the LHF-AE1d, you can go from "very balanced" over to "moderately bassy" and "extremely bassy").

Just my $0.02

5. Jackpot77
    Hi guys - I'm coming to this thread a little late to the party (about two years late by my reckoning!), but if anyone fancies reading a new Fidue fan's take on the A83, I have just popped some impressions up in the Head Gear section here (as always, any suggestions for improvement/feedback very gratefully received):

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a83-reference-class-triple-hybrid-iem/reviews/16597

For those of you who have been enjoying these for the last few years, good work! :wink:

6. Darren Cotter
    Hi All

Anyone know where I can either purchase an original replacement cable, or a high quality aftermarket version. I live in the UK, so would prefer a company located in the EU.

Regards

Darren

7. normie
    There's a Shure cable on Amazon uk I'm considering EAC64CL I think will fit, its only about £25.

8. ferisalgue
    Hey, would this cable work for  a FiiO X3ii and iPod Video 5.5G ? I currently am looking a replacement cable for my Shure SE425.

9. Dark Helmet

I'm interested in the DN-200J, but the lack of a detachable cable makes me weary.  Should this be a concern?

10. HiFiChris Contributor
    Dark Helmet

That totally depends on how you treat your in-ears. Are you very careful with them and always carry them in the included carrying case when not in use? Have you experienced broken cables in the past?

If you handle your in-ears with care, non-removable cables shouldn't be an issue.

11. Dark Helmet
    Do you prefer them over the A83.

12. HiFiChris Contributor

Very personally, I prefer the tonality, musicality and coherency of the Fidue/UPQ while the DN-2000J is somewhat more capable on the technical side but can become a little too bright in the (upper) mids at times.

13. garcsa
    Owned A83 before a year ago. There was an issue with left part (MMCX connector). Sent back to Michael two pairs. I wasn't the only one with this problem. Are there a similar or same problem with newest A83 (are there "newest"?)? Thanks.

14. TipsusMagnus
    I'm a little late to the party, hope you don't mind. I posted something similar in another thread before, but anyway, are the Fidue A83s good for stage monitoring? Based on reviews--and I've read a lot--the sound signature seems to fit what I have in mind, but I wonder if it can handle being plugged into headphone amplifiers regularly. At 11 ohms, impedance is pretty low, and I'm a little worried about wrecking it. I do use a a Shure SE215 though, and that thing's at 16 ohms, if I'm not mistaken. 

Also, does the A83 now come with a neck cinch? 

15. garcsa
    Doubt it's good for stage monitoring , just because of isolation. It has a slider, wearing behind neck - neck slider.

First

Back
188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197
199 200 201 202 203 204 205
Next

Last