1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread

First

Back
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200
Next

Last
  1. tantalus007

not using your new traluscent DAO, using your old music source, could you compare the sound of you a83 with the new cable vs stock cable? 

am also thinking of getting the same or the silver knight cable for my a83's.

2. bimbim

i have compare it on my first impression

you can read it below

but i'll add a bit more

i used DX90 fw 2.2.0 L0 , low gain, volume 195, song: One more time, One more chance

stock cable:
    -> music and vocal on the same level
    -> a bit noisier
    -> there's a bit more bass  
    -> soundstage is not too wide 

new cable:
    -> vocal is more forward and louder than the music
    -> a little bit cleaner
    -> there is less bass and a bit looser i think
    -> soundstage is wider, you certainly able to seperate each instrument
    -> some electric guitar sound is too quite and i barely able to hear it
    -> the sound of the cymbal is too much for me
    -> can not use it for a phone call , or you'll hear a crackling noise when the other person speaking

Conclusion: 
    -> if you want wider soundstage, get a silver cable
    -> if you listen to mostly accoustic songs that have a lot of guitar, get a silver cable
    -> if you want better fitting and want more comfort, get a silver cable

-> if you want to use it with phone and to make a call, stick with stock cable
    -> if your songs are mostly rock song that have a lot of cymbal sound, stick with the stock cable
    -> if you hate cable noise, stick with stock cable
    -> if you like to listen to the music instead of the vocal or balance between them, stick with stock cable

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update after using new Firmware for dx90

the difference between stock cable and silver cable become even more obvious

but with fw 2.4.0 the symbal noise is tamed 

3. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Well I found a new IEM to play with.

I'm purchasing Tralucent Ref.1 which I have on home audition (the same unit I'm buying). Unfortunately, A83 cannot keep up with this hybrid, not by a long shot :D. I spent the afternoon with Ref.1 which has quite a large stage, going back to A83 was like the sound became funnelled through a narrow pipe.

I'll add the Ref.1 to my collection, keep the 1Plus2 and of course! A83! My Aurisonics ASG-2 and ER4S might be on the chopping block though.

4. reihead
    ^^ but the price difference is massive!

No, I won't buy new IEM, no, I won't buy new IEM,
    repeat x 5

5. Midgetguy
    ......and then buy a new IEM [​IMG]

6. reihead
    ^^ repeat x 10

7. Midgetguy
    Buy 10 more IEMs? Sure! Except my wallet will be empty after like 3 lol [​IMG]

8. Hank_Venture
    Could someone recommend a MMCX cable?

Looking at some stuff on ebay.

9. Midgetguy
    As cheap as possible or what? Like you're just looking for something to make it work? Cuz I've got something in mind if that's the case.......

10. Hank_Venture
    I'd say max $70, maybe a bit more. Looking for a upgrade even if slight to the stock cable. 

11. Midgetguy
    Oh, then I can't help you haha. I was wondering if you were looking for a cable as an upgrade or to solve connection issues. I got a cable to solve connection issues [​IMG]

12. dbdynsty25
    Linum BaX. Best cable for the a83s.

Kwangsun likes this.
  13. Zankes
    This cable actually works perfectly on Fidue.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DB41AOW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It was made for Shure 215 and it had very poor fit for the Shure, like had sound cutting issues etc. But for some reason it works on Fidue, no cutting at all.

14. JohnC-HiFi
    Here's our video review for the Fidue A83:

Raketen and H20Fidelity like this.
  15. Zankes
    Now that my fullsized are dead (might still have warranty). Are there any headphones which would feel similar to fidue as I love them? Budget 600€

First

Back
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200
Next

Last