1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread

First

Back
171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
Next

Last
  1. bimbim
    yea, but i'm gonna go to a store to test ibassos and the xduoo x3.

if they sound 70% as awesome as the calyx m,  i might need to save up some money for one of them :D

2. dbdynsty25
    The DX90 battery was its downfall for me. I got the x3ii instead and I'm happy with it. The x5ii is great too if you want to Max out your budget.

3. bimbim
    noted, i'll try them at the shop later and see how it goes

thanks man 

4. JimmyTryhard

Interesting, I can't wait to read about your thoughts on it. I'm a fan of aftermarkets used on the A83, and I think you may be pleasantly surprised! I think that it's a great way to freshen up the experience, too.

Speaking of freshening up the experience, I recently took a 2 week long break from listening to music entirely, and on my first listen back, everything sounds so fresh again! [​IMG]
    It's pretty intriguing how the brain goes through habituation, even with pleasant things like music.

5. H20Fidelity Contributor

Here's the cable I have coming.

A83cable.jpg

6. JimmyTryhard

Wow! Quite a nice piece you have there. [​IMG]

Who made it/where did you buy it? That thing looks pretty top-notch.

7. H20Fidelity Contributor

Its a cable maker in Hong Kong we've been using for a while. I've owned quite a few of these cables on different earphones, I also recommend them to others.  

This is the cable I ordered: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5N-OCC-Silver-Plated-Upgrade-Cable-for-Shure-SE535-SE425-SE315-SE215-SE865-UE900-/321928865088?hash=item4af474a540:m:mozmUEOI3S-u8ev8qAMec6A

He does others versions / types if you check his items.

8. d1sturb3d
    have anyone tried balanced on the A83?  I am thinking of making a balanced cable and feed it to my balanced amp..not sure if it is worth the effort hehe

9. H20Fidelity Contributor

I've run my A83 balanced from Pono Player.

I don't think its a great example because when running balanced apparently the output impedance doubles which is already around 3.27ohms on Pono Player single ended. Its not really worth talking about the experience because its isn't an accurate example. Actually, It was pretty scary. The bass become excessively bloated almost doubling in impact to a point I thought the dynamic drivers might rattle free from their plastic shells. The mid-range was extremely forward and shouty (if you could hear it over the bass) And the treble went to a level which was basically muted. Yet, I hear some people quite liked using A83 this way. For me, it was downright scary. 

10. d1sturb3d

Thank you for the response..hmmn I'll diy some cable with kobiconn to run on the balanced amp..no way knowing it unless I try haha

11. H20Fidelity Contributor

I think it was just the Pono player though. My ASG-2 show a similar bass presence balanced as well from Pono. :)

I use DX80 with A83 these days, once the cable we've spoken about arrives I'm done. Ready to straddle my horse and ride off into the sunset. :wink:

12. LoryWiv
    Sure you will....until the next swift muscular horse beckons majestically bathed in the golden light of tomorrow's sunrise!!!

How does the the DX80-A83 combo. differ sound wise from the DX90-A83?

13. H20Fidelity Contributor

I'm having trouble making a complete comparison or decision on their differences. Not because they sound the same, simply its been tricky.

DX80 certainly sounds higher in resolution and clarity, slightly thinner and less digital or processed. 

14. bimbim
    an update, i went to the shop to try DX80 and X5, but their demo unit was sent to other city because there's some kind of gathering.
    the store owner let me try his only available player sony PCM-100 which is actually a recorder.
    well i tried it anyway but the sound is really amazing, i also compared a83 with JH5 pro and JH Roxanne.
    believe it or not, roxanne is the worst of the bunch (maybe need an amp to power those 12 drivers.
    but since i cant try the dx80 i went back and got a pm from @Wokei who's selling his dx90
    i went to try it, just like @jon parker said, a83 really shine with DX90
    finally got myself a DX90 since the price is almost half of dx80 in retailer 

thanks for the help guys

Quote:
    hmm that's funny, since a review from headfonia (youtube) said the dx80 is more digital sounding than dx90   

15. H20Fidelity Contributor

Well, that's the thing ain't it, one impression often varies to the next. The reviewers at headfonia are only human like anyone else.

But for the record the general perception on Head-fi is a less digital sound than DX90.

How about we look at some examples? 

Quote:

It seems the consensus is DX80 sounds less digital than DX90? But like I said each reviewer is only human with their own 'personal' perception. End of the day if one is familiar with the CS4398 Cirrus DAC chip DX80 does take on a lot of that high resolution and clarity which sits well with Fidue A83, some may even call it partially synthetic. 

First

Back
171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
Next

Last