1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread

First

Back
156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176
Next

Last
  1. H20Fidelity Contributor

Served me well indeed, but you see, the truth is I just play mean tricks on everyone. Sometimes I grow bored and need entertainment, finding my way here I just came up with some marvelous late night story to curve your judgment. While it appears I was done with Fidue A83 the truth can be uncovered below in the spoiler.

sellmyA83.jpg

2. Zankes
    ------------------

3. H20Fidelity Contributor

Sorry, your post became buried under a lot of  Fidue A73 talk last page.

Which metal parts exactly (or where) are you feeling the tinkle of electricity? Is it on your ears, when you touch the cable etc. Where exactly do you feel the static sensation? A83 is basically completely plastic apart from the internal cable copper wiring, headphone jack and y-spilt.

4. H20Fidelity Contributor

Ok, I understand a little more now, 

I think you should try a different USB cable and USB port for your E10, also test another computer.

Your E10 should not be sending electric shocks through to you at all.

Unless its a ground issue you need to send it back because that is not normal.

5. myemaildw

pretty much, a73 lacks bass for me

6. Zankes
    -----------------------

7. myemaildw
    simce it was long since you bought it there is probably no warranty or refund, partial refund. list it on ebay as broken or for parts and describe it including the defect, and sell it and buy new one. there is nothing anyone can do bout it. sorry, unit is defective. when i had fiio e10k i had no such issues, only sometimes not connecting when pluging usb to macbook. cheers

8. H20Fidelity Contributor

Ok, it seems returning is out of the question. Maybe (one day) you might want to simply upgrade and move away from the electric E10 all together. There's some really nice dac/amps on the market now which could replace E10 without breaking the bank. Products like iBasso Dzero MK2, Schitt Fulla, even FiiO X3II used as dac. Or if you wanted to spend a little more you could consider Oppo HA-2, JDS C5D, etc. All should sound great with A83.

Somethings to think about anyway like mentioned above.

9. Zankes
    -----------------

10. H20Fidelity Contributor

There's not much you can do about the isolation, its A83's short nozzles limiting insertion and being a ported design which limits it.

I don't think the all-plastic shells help hold much noise out either. 

But, let me tell about the sound one day - its fantastic.  [​IMG]

11. Paulus XII

Why not getting Dunu DN-1000 from amazon that is said to have better treble extension, more detail in the mids and more refined bass than A73?

12. Paulus XII

What?? Yesterday it had lots of bass with triple flange tips... :S

13. sunset754
    Ahh, H20! You little devil you! Good to know anyway.

14. Midgetguy

Well, said at least one person or I wouldn't have mine. But will I be selling my A83? As of right now, probably not, later on, who knows depending on my use of them. Honestly the sockets seem less sturdy on this replacement I got than the broken one I sent in. I'll have to see if it's the socket or the cable by pushing another cable into it.

15. myemaildw

those tips aren't very comfortable

First

Back
156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176
Next

Last