FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 18, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #2,026 of 3,064
For me they sound better than SpinFit tips. I love the concept, design, comfort, extra insertion depth SpinFit tips provide, I totally dig the concept though I don't like how they seem to funnel or hinder the mid-range with most IEM I try them with.

Id be interested in a V2 SpinFit tip with a wider bore. (more along the lines of the tip above)

Thanks Shane, I shall try these.

Jul 19, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #2,027 of 3,064
My first post here in head-fi and just treated myself by purchasing a fidue a83. Auditioned these and a newly opened sony xba-a2 from my lhs and preferred the fidues. Altho the xba's haven't been properly burned in and didn't do them much justice. Hehehe!

My music source as of the moment is the samsung note 4, and coming from my 20$ iem, all i can say is these are truly amazing and my ears are totally enjoying every minute listening out of it. the fidues are 1-2 notches volume louder than my old iem. i believe these are also from the newer batch cause of the comply tips and cable cinch.

Tried the non comply memory foam and dual flange silicon tips, didnt like them at all due to sound production and fitment issues.. Im currently using the large silicon tips that came with it as they offer the best fit in my ears. im planning to purchase jvc spiral dots, what size would be the same?

Jul 19, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #2,028 of 3,064
  My first post here in head-fi and just treated myself by purchasing a fidue a83. Auditioned these and a newly opened sony xba-a2 from my lhs and preferred the fidues. Altho the xba's haven't been properly burned in and didn't do them much justice. Hehehe!

My music source as of the moment is the samsung note 4, and coming from my 20$ iem, all i can say is these are truly amazing and my ears are totally enjoying every minute listening out of it. the fidues are 1-2 notches volume louder than my old iem. i believe these are also from the newer batch cause of the comply tips and cable cinch.

Tried the non comply memory foam and dual flange silicon tips, didnt like them at all due to sound production and fitment issues.. Im currently using the large silicon tips that came with it as they offer the best fit in my ears. im planning to purchase jvc spiral dots, what size would be the same?

Hey man, congratz on your new IEM. Just wanna let you know that, there will be be 5 size of spiral dot tips. SS,S,M,ML and L. If you are able to test out the tips, it would be better. I'm not sure about fidue's large size silicone tips. But generally i use Large size tips in most of my IEM. So maybe you should try out ML. Since is L is too large for me.  
Still, it is better to try out yourself.

Jul 19, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #2,029 of 3,064

If you're using the large stock single flange tips you'll want 'large' Spiral Dot.

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #2,031 of 3,064
Spiral dots fit and sound best....more of an outer ear than deep insertion but once you get a decent seal sound is great and not muffled high end like comply's.
Good luck.

Jul 19, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #2,033 of 3,064
Spiral Dots are a life saver for bright phones. They smooth out peaky highs and cleans up all sibilance. At least they do for my ATH-IM03. Now they are the perfect monitors for my ears. :)

Jul 19, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #2,034 of 3,064
I am currently having the same problem with my A83s, I was experiancing the same intermittent cutting out and could find no dirt so I returned them to the supplier who are unable to replicate the problem and therefore are refusing to replace them. The supplier claims that they have not encountered this problem before and are contacting FIDUE to see if anyone has reported this issue directly to them.

I would be interested to hear from anyone else experiencing an intermittent cutting out of sound from one or other earpiece, the connectors have become increasingly loose over time and when I wiggle the cable the issue can normally replicated.

Yeah i have this problem, returned it to the seller waiting for the verdict.

Jul 19, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #2,035 of 3,064
I returned mine and got the new model with the neck/chin cinch and now it works perfectly. Has been the most wonderful experience i havehad in an iem since my monster turbines gold pros.

Only problem i have are the tips at this point

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #2,036 of 3,064
I returned mine and got the new model with the neck/chin cinch and now it works perfectly. Has been the most wonderful experience i havehad in an iem since my monster turbines gold pros.

Only problem i have are the tips at this point

Ok, I tried putting  the Monster turbine gold pro silicone tips considering they give you so many tips to use to get the right fit and it has made the sound much clearer and no muffling like someone has mentioned with the comply tips and the sibilance is almost unnoticable. I ordered some of the spiral tips. Thank you for the tip guys. I didnt think tips will make that much of a difference.

Update: for now these will do till I get the spiral dots. Sound is better but the fit is still no good. :frowning2:

Jul 20, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #2,037 of 3,064
  Hey man, congratz on your new IEM. Just wanna let you know that, there will be be 5 size of spiral dot tips. SS,S,M,ML and L. If you are able to test out the tips, it would be better. I'm not sure about fidue's large size silicone tips. But generally i use Large size tips in most of my IEM. So maybe you should try out ML. Since is L is too large for me.  
Still, it is better to try out yourself.

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you're using the large stock single flange tips you'll want 'large' Spiral Dot.

Will the sony hybrid tips also fit the a83's nozzle. Also thinking of getting the large spinfits RD-01L. Im thinking if i'm gonna order from amazon, might as well order what i can, saves a lot in shipping fees, especially im from a far, far away country. Will try to order the tips from lunashops with a cable for the a83.

Jul 20, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #2,038 of 3,064

Yeah i have this problem, returned it to the seller waiting for the verdict.

After three weeks of wrangling with the seller they finally decided to contact Fidue. Fidue told the seller that this had been a common fault early in the production run and the connectors had been redesigned. The seller immediately replaced the head phones with redesigned ones and problem solved.

Good response from Fidue, not so good from supplier.

Jul 20, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #2,039 of 3,064
And also new products have chin slider and Original Comply Foam tips.

I've checked lendmeurears products and they have new Fidue A83 items :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back