FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Sep 19, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #151 of 3,064
  Told ya 
biggrin.gif

Sounds very similar to my Rhapsodio hybrid with fuller mids, better bass response, they're very much an akin gene pool with little bit of Altone200 thrown in imo. I think the main differences with A83 and my RDB Mini (Rhapsodio) is A83 has an edge in detail extension, so you get that extra bite in vocals and overall detail around the mid-range hearing deeper into a sample. I already looked up places to buy lol however I need to convince myself pretty firmly I need it when I have Altone, H-300 and RDB Mini. As they're all very similar sounding hybrids, similar tonality, mid-range weight, treble. If it was going to be my first IEM purchase I'd take them without a doubt.

Mighty fine effort here from Fidue, punches well on and above its price imo.

What tips do you use Brooko? Heir tips work a treat for me.

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #152 of 3,064

Sounds very similar to my Rhapsodio hybrid with fuller mids, better bass response, they're very much an akin gene pool with little bit of Altone200 thrown in imo. I think the main differences with A83 and my RDB Mini (Rhapsodio) is A83 has an edge in detail extension, so you get that extra bite in vocals and overall detail around the mid-range hearing deeper into a sample. I already looked up places to buy lol however I need to convince myself pretty firmly I need it when I have Altone, H-300 and RDB Mini. As they're all very similar sounding hybrids, similar tonality, mid-range weight, treble. If it was going to be my first IEM purchase I'd take them without a doubt.

Sell the others and buy the A83s!
wink.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #153 of 3,064

Sell the others and buy the A83s!
wink.gif

You're a bad influence. though I might have been one step ahead of you on those exact thoughts. 
wink.gif

I can't sell the Rhapsodio, that would be like putting my own child out on the streets. 
tongue.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #155 of 3,064

Been using Comply T400s for the last week or so.  They give me a good fit and sound - but it's still quite a shallow fit, so I'm interested to see if going from M to L might help.  Sony Hybrid tips work well too.  I'm still playing around a bit with them - but I'm amazed so far how often I intend doing some critical comparisons with the A83 and other IEMs - then end up with a couple of hours gone, and nothing done.  One of the more expensive IEMs I've purchased in the last 12 months - but worth every cent.

BTW - I'm with Loquah.  Sell some of those other IEMs and get the Fidue.  You know you will eventually 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #156 of 3,064

Been using Comply T400s for the last week or so.  They give me a good fit and sound - but it's still quite a shallow fit, so I'm interested to see if going from M to L might help.  Sony Hybrid tips work well too.  I'm still playing around a bit with them - but I'm amazed so far how often I intend doing some critical comparisons with the A83 and other IEMs - then end up with a couple of hours gone, and nothing done.  One of the more expensive IEMs I've purchased in the last 12 months - but worth every cent.

BTW - I'm with Loquah.  Sell some of those other IEMs and get the Fidue.  You know you will eventually 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeh, Brooko knows what's going on.

Definitely more intimate vocals than my RDB, not only a little forward compared but you hear deeper into a female voice for example. The refinement is tighter, bassically brings you closer to the music.  I reckon A83 is the best hybrid / IEM I've heard this year that would include the likes of Noble 6, Noble PR, Rooth LS-X5, Audiofly AF140. each of them couldn't keep up with my RDB but A83 has them outclassed by about 10-15%. I think I'll need to get a pair, got the money here so that's fine.

Fits great for me to which is a total bonus, If I was going to have a stab I'm not too fond of the faceplates colour, gives them a lego kind of look. But the sound is why I'm here.

These will take off once word gets out. 

Pic from my comparisons.

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #157 of 3,064
I was listening to this song about 5 minutes ago from Colorfly C3 - towards the end it kind of climaxes after Maria heats up the vocals and goes hell for leather.

Laying down I was getting goose bumps and slight body rushes (it's been a long time since that's happened) I think not since Tralucent 1Plus2.

I'm sold on the A83. *places an order*

Sep 19, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #158 of 3,064
Definitely a winner from Fidue here if two of the most respected HF members around literally fell in love at first sight

I mean especially H20 whom I know for quite sometime, never before this happened to him...ever...I remember even the original 1Plus2 and RDB, took a couple of days for him to 'grasp' the sound...

This...no need days...within MINUTES hahaha...very very well done for a quite newcomer in the industry

Well done Fidue...

Sep 19, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #159 of 3,064
Review almost finished (about 75%).  Should have been finished tonight - but was onto the "sound" section, and trying to critically listen to Porcupine Tree's "Trains" from "In Absentia".  A little while later I was on the last track of the album - review forgotten.  So I thought stuff it - and just queued up some more tracks.  I'll get it finished and posted sometime tomorrow.

But that is what the A83 can do to me consistently - it gets me lost in the music.  My new HD600 arrived earlier (I've bought and sold HD600s a few times - my addiction I guess), so I finally got to compare the A83 to the Senns.  Guess what - tonally, they're pretty close.

And that is the magic of Fidue's A83.  I may not ever need another IEM .........

Sep 19, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #160 of 3,064
  Definitely a winner from Fidue here if two of the most respected HF members around literally fell in love at first sight

I mean especially H20 whom I know for quite sometime, never before this happened to him...ever...I remember even the original 1Plus2 and RDB, took a couple of days for him to 'grasp' the sound...

This...no need days...within MINUTES hahaha...very very well done for a quite newcomer in the industry

Well done Fidue...

I think what's going on here (and probably similar for Brooko due to how he feels about Altone200) is the signature of A83 and tonality just ticks all the right boxes, so when you know what preferences you're after and hear it - that makes it quite an easy purchase decision. Having heard my share of hybrids now I know pretty much what I'm looking for, which made it very easy to place an order (which I have done). Not only is A83 quite a detail monster (especially for vocals) it's strong technically in speed and instrument separation. When you put all that together it makes a fine sounding earphone that's been tuned carefully. Like I said, probably the best yet this year.

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #161 of 3,064
  Review almost finished (about 75%).  Should have been finished tonight - but was onto the "sound" section, and trying to critically listen to Porcupine Tree's "Trains" from "In Absentia".  A little while later I was on the last track of the album - review forgotten.  So I thought stuff it - and just queued up some more tracks.  I'll get it finished and posted sometime tomorrow.

But that is what the A83 can do to me consistently - it gets me lost in the music.  My new HD600 arrived earlier (I've bought and sold HD600s a few times - my addiction I guess), so I finally got to compare the A83 to the Senns.  Guess what - tonally, they're pretty close.

And that is the magic of Fidue's A83.  I may not ever need another IEM .........

I think what's going on here (and probably similar for Brooko due to how he feels about Altone200) is the signature of A83 and tonality just ticks all the right boxes, so when you know what preferences you're after and hear it - that makes it quite an easy purchase decision. Having heard my share of hybrids now I know pretty much what I'm looking for, which made it very easy to place an order (which I have done). Not only is A83 quite a detail monster (especially for vocals) it's strong technically in speed and instrument separation. When you put all that together it makes a fine sounding earphone that's been tuned carefully. Like I said, probably the best yet this year.

Wow...two big...HUGE statements right there...

I wholeheartedly agree 100%, although it took me a few days to fully grasp the sound, might be due to burned-in DD, but yeah, once it grabs my attention, it never let go, just pure enjoyment...

Absolute monster of a production from a newcomer in the industry, and FIDUE's other IEM are no slouch either, to my ear, the mid-centric A63 is an absolute killer for $60, leaves the well-regarded KC06 to dust, I can confirm and guarantee that 
wink_face.gif
, I will be doing a thorough comparison between the A63 and KC06 in a few weeks time...

Bravo...just...bravo....

Sep 21, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #163 of 3,064
Review up (finally) - http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a83-reference-class-triple-hybrid-iem/reviews/11605

Sorry it's taken so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back