Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Dec 5, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #1,081 of 1,164
No worries mate! If you don't have anything against earbuds, I'd suggest you have a look at the VE Monk $5 earbuds. They're brilliant for the price and might actually be something you enjoy.

thanks for suggestion

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #1,082 of 1,164
i probably got these on tour about 100million years ago, but have finally written a review on these. Here you guys go, hope you like it and find it useful

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone/reviews/14699 

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #1,083 of 1,164
  i probably got these on tour about 100million years ago, but have finally written a review on these. Here you guys go, hope you like it and find it useful

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone/reviews/14699 

All good man! Evolution has kind of took a step back for humanity in the meantime. 
biggrin.gif
  (referring to current affairs in the world, lol)

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #1,084 of 1,164
My Fidue A73 just came in. It took a bit but I finally got the fit right. I had a SpinFit in size small but it only fit one ear so I decided to just go with the stock mediums. The build quality is awesome. I'm loving the robust metal components and even more the strain reliefs. Before the A73, I used a Klipsch R6i, which had pretty bad microphonics and kept falling out of your ears, especially when you walked. I found that the A73 had much less microphonics, with the over ear fit. I really like the design. A lot. The R6i was a very bassy iem that was boomy and rather congested. When I put on the Fidue A73, I liked it better from first listen, which is uncommon for me as I usually take some time to get used to the earphone before I can really appreciate it. It is so much clearer. The R6i had much more bass quantity but the punchiness and clarity of the bass on the A73 is definitely superior. It has a lot more air and has a bigger soundstage than the R6i, considerably so the the point where I thought my fit had a minor issue at first. Theres a tiny bit of sibilance. I found the VSD3S sibilance to be pretty annoying but the A73 does not have as much sibilance. Usually I don't post about my impressions but jeez. These really blew me away.

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #1,086 of 1,164
It is a nice one Angelo, and it seems you feel about them just as I do.
Thanks for the review you are spot on!

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #1,087 of 1,164
Around here, people refer to upgrades as an Iem of similar sound signature, but better, I believe. I would consider the A73 an upgrade to the VSD3S, with a fun V-Shaped signature. It has more air and a greater soundstage than the vsonic and the ergonomics is better(at least for me). I think the A73 housing is smaller than the VSD3S, and the build quality is better. I really like the build of the A73. I'm hearing my songs differently and I'm loving to go back to the ones I found to get old before, and rediscovering them. The A73 has a similar sound signature to the VSD3S, with less sibilance, more clarity across the whole frequency range, more air and a bigger soundstage, of course at a more premium price. If you enjoyed your VSD3S, I think you'll love the A73. I certainly did.

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,090 of 1,164
I love mine. Paired them with a FiiO X5ii. I was going for the a83 and then "domestic management" said no to the price and I ended up getting the a73.
They really aren't that far off from each other. I hold my A73 in the same regard as my A83 because the price to performance ratio is epic.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #1,093 of 1,164
I'm still loving mine but the cable connecting to plug seems to have been damaged. I see no signs of tear or damage but moving it breaks up sound on left side or completely stops on left. You gotta get it at right position and not move it much. :frowning2: non replaceable cables is hurting my purchase now.

Dec 19, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #1,094 of 1,164
I'm still loving mine but the cable connecting to plug seems to have been damaged. I see no signs of tear or damage but moving it breaks up sound on left side or completely stops on left. You gotta get it at right position and not move it much. :frowning2: non replaceable cables is hurting my purchase now.
Petition to get Fidue to make an A73 MKII, with detachable cables, definitely more tips, right angle plug, and 3 button mic. That would be the last iem I ever buy.

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #1,095 of 1,164
Petition to get Fidue to make an A73 MKII, with detachable cables, definitely more tips, right angle plug, and 3 button mic. That would be the last iem I ever buy.

You forgot all metal housings and two cables. One with three button mic/remote and one without :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back