Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jun 11, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #16 of 1,164
X2 on a non-mic version
smile_phones.gif

Jun 11, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #20 of 1,164
  I'm intrigued because of their FS triple hybrids A83 sound (from reviews) and thought of giving it a shot before my FLC8, but the lack of assortment of eartips & a non-detachable cable version in this price range,and finally no standard cable choice but an "ONLY MIC" version is making me to wait for now......

As far as upper mids and treble is concerned, the A73 is extended and crisp but not as bright as the Titan.

I notice it especially with things like cymbal crashes, as they are pretty mellow yet still resolving with the A73 and more forward and borderline harsh with the Titan. I also notice it with the pronunciation of the letter s. It's just a touch more refined.

Don't take just my word for it though. Let @DJScope A-B them and chime in.

A-B'ing these right now. The most noticeable thing is that the A73 is a LOT easier to driver. Titan seems to be a little bit more refined in the delivery of every element, this being because its the colder signature. The Titans are more edgy/tingy in the hihats and cymbals, female vocals are cleaner but male vocals are more dull. The A73 is more punchy, warmer, more laid back, without losing details or any veiling. A73 vocals are more forward, engaging and full, and seem to be well presented. The A73 has a wider sound stage, but the bass bloom makes it less accurate or pin-point than the Titans, but because the stage is much wider on the A73 its seems to be the winner in this regard because the elements are more spread out with more room for layering. Surprisingly the A73 has a little bit more air and the sense of space is big but again very bloomy.
One place where the A73 shines is the bass. It's a tiny bit bloated but it rumbles and hits hard without getting distorted. 

All in all it's like a really well refine A71 with everything being done better. 

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #21 of 1,164
DJScope I just noticed your signature link to Resident Trance Thread :)
Am I correct to assume you find the A73 to excell with this genre ?

What is your opinion on the separation quality of a73 and how well does it lend to Trance genre ?
I'm hoping for good side to side stereo movement that I experience with eph100.

:beerchug:

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #22 of 1,164
@DJScope I just noticed your signature link to Resident Trance Thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Am I correct to assume you find the A73 to excell with this genre ?

What is your opinion on the separation quality of a73 and how well does it lend to Trance genre ?
I'm hoping for good side to side stereo movement that I experience with eph100.

beerchug.gif

For me, trance sounds best when you have good soundstage layering and imaging and the A73 is great in this department. For trance music in particular the A73 trumps the Dunu Titan 1 all day long.

Jun 12, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #23 of 1,164
You peaked my interest now.

Anything else I should consider for Trance/EDM before diving into A73 ?

I will try to holdback and wait for your review and few other impressions. Must control myself ...arghh

Also no UK sellers.
Fleabay from HK seems to be only way at £99. Than there is Tax duty :frowning2:

Anyone know good supplier to UK ?

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #24 of 1,164
More useful impressions by independent listener - owner of neither:

So, the guy that came over last night is a sound technician and a Hifimediy fan boy. ....

..Since we were on the subject of A73 vs Titan on many threads here, I had him A-B them and he agreed that the A73 was the better sounding IEM. His reasons were similar to mine, bigger soundstage, more extension in bass, less fatiguing treble, better separation, and just as much if not more detail. That was all his thoughts not mine.

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #25 of 1,164
I wish they kept the black cable/strain reliefs from the prototype for these as the aesthetics are a bit off-putting to me. I suppose it will be much easier to distinguish from the A83 however.

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #26 of 1,164
More useful impressions by independent listener - owner of neither:
Quote:
So, the guy that came over last night is a sound technician and a Hifimediy fan boy. ....

..Since we were on the subject of A73 vs Titan on many threads here, I had him A-B them and he agreed that the A73 was the better sounding IEM. His reasons were similar to mine, bigger soundstage, more extension in bass, less fatiguing treble, better separation, and just as much if not more detail. That was all his thoughts not mine.

I tend to agree with this statement. 

The only downside that I can find with the A73 is that the cable being very rubbery and grabby (if theres a word), that and I'm not a big fan of the colour scheme. But past all that they are amazing with everything else!

Jun 12, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #27 of 1,164
There's a new Hercules in town and it's called the Fidue A73! WOW! My jaw dropped when I plugged these pretty shells in my ears. The crystalline smoothness, the authoritative bass, and that lush midrange! Not since my GR07BE has a midrange been that lush and green! These put the smack down on my Titan 1, SS-S018, and my FX850. These indeed play with the boys in the $200-400 range. The sound quality and sound signature is lush, smooth, but there is no treble sacrifice. It's got enough extension as not to fall into the Duoza, Tenore, or RE-600 smoothed out area. It's got sparkle when it needs to sparkle, otherwise it's got this clean crystalline presentation. There can be ever so slight sibilance when you push the high end on the amp, but not present when just straight from the DAP. The bass is so controlled, punchy, and present, to give the BA's some meat. That's the most surprising thing for me. There is no thinness in the note presentation. It's actually leaning a bit on the thick side. It's very reminiscent of my FX850 note presentation, or more closely with my Sony H3. Speaking of which, I'm using the Sony hybrid tips that came with my H3, since sadly the long thin nozzle of the A73 make using the Spiral tips unworkable. They pop out and stay in your ear rah time you remove the IEM from your ears. This hybrid reminds me of the FAD Heaven VI BA tuning, with the FX850 driver for bass. Its not hyperbole! Im dead serious! This is how lush and clean and beautiful the mids are presented, with the well extended highs, but with ample thickness and bass presence. They are as capable as my H3, FX850, and more capable sonically than my Titan 1. Could the soundstage use a bit more width? Yeah. If they have any weakness, it's the soundstage width loses out to the Duoza and B3 pro, but it's better than say the Dunu 1K. It could also use better 3D Imaging, and the timbre isn't at FX850 level, but what IEM is? But for $150.00, it's probably the best IEM in this price range for totality. I'm happy. Woo hoo!Subbing, and I'm copy and pasting my short review from the Discovery page, since I'm abhorrently lazy!

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #29 of 1,164
Yeah I would be nice to have a version with no mic.

I don't mid the mic. Unfortunately the button doesn't work with the FiiO X1 but not a big deal. 

Jun 13, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #30 of 1,164
I decided to give these a whirl. Ordered from CTC. How is the isolation and micro phonics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back