Fidelity/Livewires Triple Driver IEM Reviews?
May 21, 2009 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

roy_jones

500+ Head-Fier
I've been digging around trying to find some impressions about the "new" (I think) customs available from Fidelity/Livewires that have three drivers. Does anyone have these yet?

I know in the Livewires thread there was a head-fier who had said he would give a review when he received them, but I don't think he followed up.

Anyways, I made a thread not long ago wondering about value-oriented custom IEM's, and lamenting that there weren't too many really good options. Between the new UE4's and (hopefully) these new Fidelity's, maybe that has changed...

May 22, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 32
I'm referring to a new IEM that has only recently been released. There are a couple of very preliminary reports that have trickled out, but nothing very substantive. Here's a link to a couple of the early impression threads on other forums:

new contender in the heavy weight division?

My new toy - SGHeadphones

Between these, and the re-casing of existing IEM's through a place in China, there should be some intriguing options for value-oriented IEM's.

Before the last little while, none of the previous options have been very intriguing to me. The old livewires and alien ears, etc... never caused me to think that they were head-and-shoulders above the best universals.

May 22, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 32
Fidelity Custom and LiveWires are two different companies now and they both have their own triple drive, which one are you referring?

May 22, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #5 of 32
There's no mention of triple driver customs on the Livewire site that I can see. I do see them on the Fidelity site though.

May 22, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fidelity Custom and LiveWires are two different companies now and they both have their own triple drive, which one are you referring?

They are identical, as far as I'm aware. Fidelity has better CS, though. Not a lot of info available on these...perhaps this thread is premature.

May 22, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #8 of 32
Well not if someone actually has them.. I've been curious about them as well!

May 22, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #9 of 32
I don't think the review from SGheadphones is of the livewires/fidelity triple driver, but rather a different custom IEM...? Sounds very interesting in itself.

It's supposedly a place that will do re-casing of other universal IEM's, as well.

*edit: confirmed, the livewires/fidelity triple driver is different than the "china custom" that is also being released currently-

May 22, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #10 of 32
i think it's my friend's triple fidelity's u're talking about.. they're on their way back from fidelity to him.. prob take a few more days..

but his reviews are thorough and complete.. so wait up guys!

May 26, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by vii_haven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just so you know, my Fidelity Triples have just arrived and the sound is Livewires on STERIODS! Give me a week or two before I write a review about them.

My old Livewires review can be found here http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/rev...m2-es2-244960/

great! can you please just satisfy our hunger with a few close up or macro shots in the mean time?

May 26, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by vii_haven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They basically looks the same as any other Livewires you see on the internet including the ones in my previous review. Nothing out of this world really.

now with a third armature driver, how well is everything packed inside? In looking at my T-1's ive always wondered if they were actually able to squeeze another one in there.

is there size difference in the original low and high drivers in order to compensate for the mid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back