Fidelio X2 vs HD58x or other?
Mar 20, 2019 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rumble111

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

Just hoping for a recommendation. I want to spend as little as possible on new headphones that will be used for non-competitive gaming and movies/music.

Wish list in terms of priorirty:
- comfort
- durability
- positional sound in games
- general value for money

I own the old AD900 but the left ear has started to cut in and out, and i can't for the life of me figure out if it's wiring, driver, solder etc. I'd prefer just to fix them, but it's driving me nuts. For reference, I didn't love these. I had to mod the pads to reduce the clamping, and without the mod the drivers sit on my ears which isn't nice. So although the sound was fine, I've come to value comfort and durability (AD900 don't have removable cable which makes repair that much harder).

I'm currently leaning towards the X2HR even though it's that much more expensive. From reviews it seems better for comfort and durability. Is this true? Is there another headphone I should consider?

Cheers

Mar 20, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 5
My Superlux 668b with aftermarket velour pads have a wide soundstage which helps in finding people’s position.ive been accused of cheating before because I can hear which direction they came from. As well as pretty good sound, most people (wife included) prefer the Superlux 681 evo. I would just highly recommend the velour pads for comfort and because it doesn’t get as hot as the stock pads.

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 5
I really like my Massdrop/Sennheiser HD58X headphones :)

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 5
I had the first gen X2 and it was very comfortable, good sound quality and quite practical. Well worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back