Fidelio X2 Alternative, or Good Amp Recommendations?
Oct 9, 2018 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Techy1210

Head-Fier
Hi all,

Long time lurker of this site and first post. Looking for some good recommendations from knowledgeable people on these subjects.

I've just received a second pair of Fidelio X2's, after waiting a long time in hope the well documented manufacturing faults would be straitened out. Unfortunately both sets I've received have had a weird 'rattle' in the left ear cup when the volume is put up fairly high using my phone hooked up through a Fiio E17 headphone amp.

I'm no longer willing to keep exchanging this same model of headphone, and so I am looking for another pair which are similar in sound without going too much further above the same price.

My main preferences in a new pair of headphones were basically covered in the X2's - wide soundstage, pronounced lows while still maintaining nice detail, and basically a 'fun' sound, as I've read it described.

On the other hand, I feel I've also got such a pair of headphones, bought on the strength of reading through this very website, in the Beyerdynamic DT990's 250ohm. The only problem I have with them is I don't feel my Fiio e17 Amp is giving them enough juice for my liking, and therefore I'd be willing to settle on a good replacement for the amp and save buying another set of headphones. Then again, I wouldn't be opposed to buying both a set of headphones and a better amp!

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 9, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Right now my favorite headphone is the Massdrop/Sennheiser HD58X.

Oct 10, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #3 of 3
Right now my favorite headphone is the Massdrop/Sennheiser HD58X.

Thanks for the suggestion, they look ideal for what I'm after! Unfortunately, they don't seem easily obtainable here in the UK.. :/

Edit: Actually, after doing a lot of research on these I've decided to go ahead and get them shipped from Massdrop in the US.
I'm glad I asked now, as I hadn't heard of these headphones until now, so thanks again!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back