Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #2,986 of 6,413
Thanks for the info, will be waiting to see what Dale has in store.

Apr 14, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #2,987 of 6,413
Hey team, 

After some time, I have finally received my AS-2's!  There were some minor delays in the process (mostly due to the fact that I have smaller than average ear canals), but I am happy to announce that Dale and his team really came through with making it right.  

Incredible customer service!

First impressions are as amazing as I was expecting.  From the minute I pulled them out of the box I had a smile on my face.  They look incredible, fit extraordinarily well, and sound great even from very initial impressions.  

I wanted to ask what are everyone's thoughts on burn-in.  Is it necessary for these, and if so - what are some pointers/processes that have worked out well?

Will post some pictures soon!

Thanks,
Mike

Apr 14, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #2,988 of 6,413
Quote:
Hey team, 

After some time, I have finally received my AS-2's!  There were some minor delays in the process (mostly due to the fact that I have smaller than average ear canals), but I am happy to announce that Dale and his team really came through with making it right.  

First impressions are as amazing as I was expecting.  From the minute I pulled them out of the box I had a smile on my face.  They look incredible, fit extraordinarily well, and sound great even from very initial impressions.  

I wanted to ask what are everyone's thoughts on burn-in.  Is it necessary for these, and if so - what are some pointers/processes that have worked out well?

Thanks,
Mike

Burn in not necessary. Just enjoy them. I found a small effect from burn-in but not enough to merit setting them in a drawer to burn in.

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #2,989 of 6,413
Quote:
Hey team, 

Thanks,
Mike

Just leave your AS-2 playing overnight in a drawer, set to a volume that is quite loud to your ears but not painful, on a varied playlist that contains several types of music. The effect may be small, but it couldn't hurt.

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #2,990 of 6,413
I'm fairly confident about it. I predicted the MSRP of the G-2 months before it was announced just by comparing the price of the AS-1 ($600) to the AS-2 ($800) and extrapolating that to the G-1 ($300) vs. a proposed G-2 price ($500). So $100-150 seems fair to me, this is, however, before learning of the all new components within the G-2. The previous estimate was made under the assumption that certain assets, namely the shell and dynamic driver would be repurposed for the G-2. Now that its been revealed that the G-2 uses an all new driver/shell, I'm not quite sure what Dale plans to do with the G-1s we'll be sending in

Dale mentioned in one of his earlier posts that the as(g)-1 to as(g)-2 upgrade would be more expensive than just the added cost of the tweeters, but still less than buying a new pair of 2s.

With that in mind it's more likely that upgrade costs will be in the neighborhood of $250-300. Although, it was also suggested that there would be some sort of special deal when the upgrades are finally announced.

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #2,991 of 6,413
[size=medium]We will officially announce the program for ASG-1 to ASG-2 next week after the meet in NY. Hope to see at least a few of you there. Washington Music has a few ASG-2 here in the US. They are not on their site yet but they have them. Our Singapore, China and Japan dealers will have them within the next two weeks. Other dealers in the US will begin to receive orders soon as well. [/size]

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #2,992 of 6,413
YES! At long last :D

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #2,994 of 6,413
Dale mentioned in one of his earlier posts that the as(g)-1 to as(g)-2 upgrade would be more expensive than just the added cost of the tweeters, but still less than buying a new pair of 2s.

With that in mind it's more likely that upgrade costs will be in the neighborhood of $250-300. Although, it was also suggested that there would be some sort of special deal when the upgrades are finally announced.

Firstly, that would be the exact opposite of "epic."

Secondly, your position is based on assumptions which I think aren't exactly sound. You're assuming that the cost of the tweeters is $200, that there are no economies in producing a combined product, and that there's no margin to be made.

What I think Dale meant is that they wouldn't be pricing the upgrade at the price of the tweeters at cost plus labor (and shipping), i.e. close to or zero profit.

You have to remember that the price of a product is cost of materials plus direct and indirect labor, plus portion of overhead and related non-production costs, like advertising, plus margin for profit. Though this doesn't need to hold true when there are related product profits, e.g. Playstation 3 selling at a loss to get them into homes and then making money on income from licensing for games and peripherals.

I think it'll be priced to move but still worth the effort on their part, including the intangible value of all the extra most likely great reviews they will get here as opposed to the smaller number that would have ponied up for a new $500 IEM which would in theory drive more sales.

Edit:
@Aurisonics: Woohoo!

Apr 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #2,995 of 6,413
Quote:
[size=medium]We will officially announce the program for ASG-1 to ASG-2 next week after the meet in NY. Hope to see at least a few of you there. Washington Music has a few ASG-2 here in the US. They are not on their site yet but they have them. Our Singapore, China and Japan dealers will have them within the next two weeks. Other dealers in the US will begin to receive orders soon as well. [/size]

great news! will there be some european dealers too? 

Apr 15, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #2,998 of 6,413
Quote:
Firstly, that would be the exact opposite of "epic."

Secondly, your position is based on assumptions which I think aren't exactly sound. You're assuming that the cost of the tweeters is $200, that there are no economies in producing a combined product, and that there's no margin to be made.

What I think Dale meant is that they wouldn't be pricing the upgrade at the price of the tweeters at cost plus labor (and shipping), i.e. close to or zero profit.

You have to remember that the price of a product is cost of materials plus direct and indirect labor, plus portion of overhead and related non-production costs, like advertising, plus margin for profit. Though this doesn't need to hold true when there are related product profits, e.g. Playstation 3 selling at a loss to get them into homes and then making money on income from licensing for games and peripherals.

I think it'll be priced to move but still worth the effort on their part, including the intangible value of all the extra most likely great reviews they will get here as opposed to the smaller number that would have ponied up for a new $500 IEM which would in theory drive more sales.

Edit:
@Aurisonics: Woohoo!

The tone of the post I was referring to suggested that the cost of upgrade would be more expensive than the price difference between the two. That being said, I would be happy to be wrong as either way I'll be upgrading as soon as I can fit it into my budget.

Looking forward to the official announcement, keep up the good work, Aurisonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back