Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jul 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #1,441 of 6,413
Quote:
From your lips to...
The ASG-2 with the right cable should gives us that clarity and transparency and maybe even beat out the 334 altogether. The ASG-1 is natural and realistic sounding but not a paragon of clarity or transparency. It never really disappears in that way really transparent phones do. 

Interested to hear your thoughts on the bass extension between the two phones and about other bass aspects as well.

Quote:
Got a pair of FitEar To Go 334's in today. They also have that 'pseudo-custom' shaped shell, but the ASG-1.2 fills out my ear more. Anyway the 334 is a 4-driver (BA's) so there's really no comparison in terms of treble extension, clarity, and spaciousness. I hope that the upcoming ASG-2, with the dual BA tweeters, gains some of the 334's clarity and transparency, yet with the low end of that 15mm dynamic. That would be bliss. 

Well fellas, I can only compare the AS-2  to the ASG-1.2. I love love LOVE the sound of the ASG-1.2 (have them with me today at work actually), but the AS-2 blows them away in transparency, yet still giving you the fantastic bass and mids with is the Aurisonics signature house sound. Yes, you will get crazy transparency and hear instruments and sounds in recordings you never knew were there (and vocal nuances too). Now, for a pure dynamic, I think the ASG-1.2 doesn't do a bad job in transparency, but the two are not on the same level. Yet, some great transparency can be achieved out sole dynamics IEMs nowadays. I own a pair of JVC FXD80s, and the transparency, details and black space surrounding instruments is outstanding. It still doesn't blow away the AS-2, but it's in between the ASG-1.2 and AS-2, leaning more toward the latter.

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #1,442 of 6,413
Quote:

That's actually not the keyword.  Because what is being compared is obviously vague as there is no mention to what it is being compared to.  The key word is will.  

I will trust the the 334s will not compare  This establishes that the comparison has not been made yet.  I concede that you may know more about headphones than me looking at your considerable collection of reviews, but your grammar/English usage is another matter.

I will now stop this as I do not want to get in trouble with the moderators and administrators of this wonderful site.

NOW EVERYBODY!  ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

I will is past tense...  It means that I will do something.  Trust that they don't compare is present.  This means that I will do something in the future (and apply it).  That thing I did in the future (if you read past the first sentence) is trust that he hears as he does.  EG, the ASG-1.2 doesn't compare to the 334.  He did no other comparisons in the present.  Compare remains the key word of what they are.  Will doesn't show what they are, instead, it shows what I will do...  If you continue reading, I make a few statements about how driver type doesn't matter.  

Remember, a key word is a noun...  Never a verb.  Compare refers the the comparison that he makes.  Will refers to something I will do...  What is it?  Trust his comparison.  I'm going to assume what he said is true concerning the comparison, but also make a statement after that keeping that in mind.

So if you really want to read it correctly, as in tended, in a non-vague manner, it reads: I will trust that what you hear is correct (EG, they don't compare).  But...  Driver count means nothing...  //continues.  That's it.  If you read the whole thing, instead of focusing on parts (the first two words mean you), you can read it as a whole, instaed of a fragmented piece.  Then it's clear what they are.  

The wisdom of Socrates found has brought you thus far...  

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #1,443 of 6,413
Quote:

Well fellas, I can only compare the AS-2  to the ASG-1.2. I love love LOVE the sound of the ASG-1.2 (have them with me today at work actually), but the AS-2 blows them away in transparency, yet still giving you the fantastic bass and mids with is the Aurisonics signature house sound. Yes, you will get crazy transparency and hear instruments and sounds in recordings you never knew were there (and vocal nuances too). Now, for a pure dynamic, I think the ASG-1.2 doesn't do a bad job in transparency, but the two are not on the same level. Yet, some great transparency can be achieved out sole dynamics IEMs nowadays. I own a pair of JVC FXD80s, and the transparency, details and black space surrounding instruments is outstanding. It still doesn't blow away the AS-2, but it's in between the ASG-1.2 and AS-2, leaning more toward the latter.

I like the bolded words...  Something the ASG-1.2 lacked in my mind.  Dynamics just weren't there for me.  I don't know if it was the increased bass presence that did it, it could be.  However, it still stands that the dynamics aren't that great; the ASG-1 can't dig low into the vocalists' deep lushness, but also can't aim high into the vocalists' high energy and sweetness.  It's like it tries to be smooth, but can't quite do it in the vocals, but also tries to be sweet, but again, doesn't hit the mark.  Instead, it lies somewhere in between.  The end result is that the vocalist sem like they are struggling at times.

I hope the AS(G)-2's vocals are a little more dynamic than the ASG-1.2.

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #1,444 of 6,413
Quote:

Yet, some great transparency can be achieved out sole dynamics IEMs nowadays. I own a pair of JVC FXD80s, and the transparency, details and black space surrounding instruments is outstanding. It still doesn't blow away the AS-2, but it's in between the ASG-1.2 and AS-2, leaning more toward the latter.

And the JVC FXD80 does all this at 1/6 the cost of the AS-2......I think that is amazing where nano technology has taken IEM's!  Talk about an over achiever!

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #1,445 of 6,413
Quote:
Quote:

And the JVC FXD80 does all this at 1/6 the cost of the AS-2......I think that is amazing where nano technology has taken IEM's!  Talk about an over achiever!

If that is the case, FXD80 is better than ASG-1.2, which in turns is better than 1964-Q, W4, Earsonics SM3, Ortofon e-Q7, Vsonic GR07, Sony MDR EX1000, JVC FX-700... Wow...

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #1,446 of 6,413
Quote:

If that is the case, FXD80 is better than ASG-1.2, which in turns is better than 1964-Q, W4, Earsonics SM3, Ortofon e-Q7, Vsonic GR07, Sony MDR EX1000, JVC FX-700... Wow... But hey, what about the endorsement fee you said you've got?

Who said the ASG-1.2 was better than the 1964-Q, W4 (I never said this; nor do I think this... the W4R is a few steps ahead of the ASG-1.2), Earsonics SM3, Ortofon E-Q7, GR07, EX1000, FX-700?  I don't remember reading that anywhere.  

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #1,447 of 6,413
Quote:

Who said the ASG-1.2 was better than the 1964-Q, W4 (I never said this; nor do I think this... the W4R is a few steps ahead of the ASG-1.2), Earsonics SM3, Ortofon E-Q7, GR07, EX1000, FX-700?  I don't remember reading that anywhere.  

Not you, T.

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #1,448 of 6,413
Quote:

Ericp10 did. I said it's better than the GR07 and, on A/Bing at the airport, I think it's better than the W4 as well

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #1,450 of 6,413
Quote:

Ericp10 did. I said it's better than the GR07 and, on A/Bing ar the airport, I think it's better than the W4 as well

Care to give evidence why?  I find the ASG-1.2 to be inferior to the W4Rs...  In many ways...  The only are it wins at is the low end.  Otherwise, to my ears, the mids and highs are so much better on the W4Rs.  

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #1,452 of 6,413
Quote:

Care to give evidence why?  I find the ASG-1.2 to be inferior to the W4Rs...  In many ways...  The only are it wins at is the low end.  Otherwise, to my ears, the mids and highs are so much better on the W4Rs.  

I'll grant you that without EQ the highs on the W4 are better. However, the mids on the ASG-1 are so much more tactile, give a good sense of space, all without being excessive. 

When I apply my treble boost, highs are more natural on the ASG-1, and the mids become even better. Without EQ I'd call them equal because some people may place more weight on the W4's high end. With EQ, the ASG-1 is a good 15-20% better. That percentage comes from the improvement I detect in the ASG-1 with boosted highs.

Soundstage hands down belongs to the ASG-1. Power is a big win for the ASG-1. Speed is about equal (using kiteki's speed test). Detail resolution is remarkable on the ASG-1 (though it may not be that apparent without EQ). Timbre is just magnificent. Then there is that awesome guitar crunch, especially grunge guitars

I don't know what else there is.

I also feel like I have to explain my choice of using EQ. I'm coming from the GR07, a balanced IEM. I like all frequencies to be in similar proportions, which is what the GR07 does. The stock ASG-1.2 is heavily weighted towards the mids and bass, making the treble seem overly recessed as a result. In reality, it's not that bad. I just like my stuff a certain way. 

The drivers in the ASG-1 are worth triple their weight in gold though.

Jul 13, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #1,453 of 6,413
Quote:

Call it argumentum ad populum or appeal to people. Here's the evidence:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/606471/aurisonics-impressions-reviews-discussions-thread

Jul 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #1,454 of 6,413
Quote:

That's actually not the keyword.  Because what is being compared is obviously vague as there is no mention to what it is being compared to.  The key word is will.  

I will trust the the 334s will not compare  This establishes that the comparison has not been made yet.  I concede that you may know more about headphones than me looking at your considerable collection of reviews, but your grammar/English usage is another matter.

For what it is worth, I took Tinyman's comment to be directed at the ASG-2 as well.  TIny: Regardless of your intent, the meaning did not come through. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back