Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #857 of 6,413
Could you share that information, or is it still supposed to be under wraps?

Gotta keep it under wraps atm, bud.. based on its performance (which I've compared to another custom I hold in quite a high regard.. in my mini review), it's very well priced.

If you're willing to trust my impressions on it's performance.. I'm confident you'll find it very worth it 
wink_face.gif

Jun 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #858 of 6,413
Quote:

Gotta keep it under wraps atm, bud.. based on its performance (which I've compared to another custom I hold in quite a high regard.. in my mini review), it's very well priced.

If you're willing to trust my impressions on it's performance.. I'm confident you'll find it very worth it 
wink_face.gif

Do you happen to know around when we might know about pricing?

That's what i'm worried about, that the ASG-2s will be notably out of budget.
Good as they may be, they do me no good if i can't afford them
redface.gif

Jun 12, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #859 of 6,413
Quote:

wink_face.gif

This won't be something mid tier like the ASG-1. Dale says, they will compete with top tier customs so it should show the level the AS-2 aims at. But I digress...

Jun 12, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #860 of 6,413
Quote:
This won't be something mid tier like the ASG-1. Dale says, they will compete with top tier customs so it should show the level the AS-2 aims at. But I digress...

If they can price low, IMO, it'll be a strong contender.  Many people like me prefer to ship impressions within America (due to the hassle of customs and FEES).  

So if they can price low/aggressively or at the very least offer an introductory price or a group purchase amongst Head-Fiers (would appeal to a specific rather than broad market), they would entertain large amounts of success.

Jun 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #861 of 6,413
Quote:

wink_face.gif

I'm sure it'll be worth it, just wanting to know how much money I need to set aside for this purchase

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #862 of 6,413
Quote:
I'm sure it'll be worth it, just wanting to know how much money I need to set aside for this purchase

Personally I'm setting aside one thousand dollars for the AS-2 including impressions.  So personally I'm hoping it costs 600 + 200 for aesthetic options and ear impressions.

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #863 of 6,413
Quote:

Personally I'm setting aside one thousand dollars for the AS-2 including impressions.  So personally I'm hoping it costs 600 + 200 for aesthetic options and ear impressions.

The AS-1b costs $599.

So, no, it won't be 600. Not that it should be given that it's a step up from the AS-1b.

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #864 of 6,413
Quote:
The AS-1b costs $599.

So, no, it won't be 600. Not that it should be given that it's a step up from the AS-1b.

Based on the competition, I'm expecting to see the pricing options for the AS-2 start at around 600-700, then +100 for a, +200 for b and +? for aesthetic options. And if there's anything to the trend that would put the ASG-2 at around 500-600 MSRP. 

Right now I have 300 set aside for my upgrade from ASG-1 to ASG-2, hope that's enough, but time will tell for certain.

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #865 of 6,413
Quote:
The AS-1b costs $599.

It would make sense that it would be around the 700-800 range.

But again, I was talking about base price.  The AS-1 base price is 400 dollars.  So technically, there would be a two hundred dollar difference.  And that isn't a nominal difference but rather very significant.

However, what I stated was a wish rather than reality.

Jun 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #866 of 6,413
I'm not saying a price, I honestly don't know it. But considering the impressions iven by myself and others about the performance of the AS-2's and the fact that they are meant to compete with top tier CIEM's, you may very well be safe with your amount set aside. FlySweep did say the pricing was very attractive. 
Quote:

Again, I don't know the final price, but $1000 is enough for UE RM's, so it's close if not more than what you'll need probably.

Jun 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #867 of 6,413
Thanks to this thread my wallet is $200 lighter. I ordered a pair of asg-1 (1.2) from Springtree.net. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Jun 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #868 of 6,413
If anyone's curious- Dale just PMd me- apparently my email to Aurisonics didn't go through regarding whether they can upgrade generics to customs- the answer is:

"SG generic fit series is not upgradeable to AS series custom fit. The shells are not interchangeable and the internal components are not really salvageable to use in the upgrade so a new set would be needed for the AS series. We do make custom tips for the ASG series though."

Great customer service, reaching out to me on the forum, and it speaks well for his company.

Jun 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #869 of 6,413
Your welcome, enjoy....
Quote:
Thanks to this thread my wallet is $200 lighter. I ordered a pair of asg-1 (1.2) from Springtree.net. Can't wait for them to arrive.

And don't worry, everyones wallet is getting lighter these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back