Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #541 of 6,413
Well I'm not sure about the having trouble keeping up part but the prototype I heard was more neutral and faster than the Merlin.  Not that it exactly sounded like this but if you imagine the CK10 combined the EX1000, you can get a general idea.  I thought it was very, very good and more fitting to my newly acquired neutral leaning tastes.

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #543 of 6,413
Quote:
Hoping that the bass is as powerful on the 2s as on the 1.2s. Looking forward to comparisons when they get released.

It seems that the 1.2s are 'THE' bass head IEM to get at the moment

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #545 of 6,413
Yea, I love my bass, but apparently the neutralness is actually all I ever needed. It's wonderfully present and if i ever desire more, i have yet to turn the bass tuning knob....so there's that
Quote:
Well I'm not sure about the having trouble keeping up part but the prototype I heard was more neutral and faster than the Merlin.  Not that it exactly sounded like this but if you imagine the CK10 combined the EX1000, you can get a general idea.  I thought it was very, very good and more fitting to my newly acquired neutral leaning tastes.

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #546 of 6,413
have been clued in to the direction of the 2-series for some time, so this is not a surprise. however, the news that Dale is ready to release the 2-series is a bit of a surprise, i had thought that they weren't ready til later this year. I'm very happy with the ASG-1.2, though I've had some minor issues with my AS-1, which I'll be sending back to Dale shortly. Tempted to pull the trigger on modding my AS-1 to a 2... temptinggg.

the move to a BA tweeter is interesting, given some of Dale's sentiments on BAs which he'd expressed in the previous thread. i do agree with him on BAs in general, but i do own (and have owned) a couple of BA IEMs which sound decent in their own right. Glad to see that Dale isn't focused on the technology as much as he's focused on making a great IEM that works for all his target user groups.

great news for us... bad news for our wallets. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #547 of 6,413
There is SO much I want to say on this thread re: the AS-2.. but can't.

I've got a good feeling Head-Fi is going to lose its collective mind when the AS-2/ASG-2 gets released.

Trust me.

wink_face.gif

Jun 1, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #548 of 6,413
Quote:
have been clued in to the direction of the 2-series for some time, so this is not a surprise. however, the news that Dale is ready to release the 2-series is a bit of a surprise, i had thought that they weren't ready til later this year. I'm very happy with the ASG-1.2, though I've had some minor issues with my AS-1, which I'll be sending back to Dale shortly. Tempted to pull the trigger on modding my AS-1 to a 2... temptinggg.

the move to a BA tweeter is interesting, given some of Dale's sentiments on BAs which he'd expressed in the previous thread. i do agree with him on BAs in general, but i do own (and have owned) a couple of BA IEMs which sound decent in their own right. Glad to see that Dale isn't focused on the technology as much as he's focused on making a great IEM that works for all his target user groups.

great news for us... bad news for our wallets. 
tongue_smile.gif

Well you are partially right, the ASG-2 are going to be released later this year.

Quote:
There is SO much I want to say on this thread re: the AS-2.. but can't.

I've got a good feeling Head-Fi is going to lose its collective mind when the AS-2/ASG-2 gets released.

Trust me.

wink_face.gif

Can I assume you own one? 

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #549 of 6,413
popcorn.gif

I admit I was a bit disappointed when I read it was going to be a BA/Dynamic hybird instead of a dual dynamic. I think I'm the only one lol. Everyone's doing the hybrid now. I personally would have gone with a 6 dynamic driver per ear universal.

Anyone who's heard it want to comment on the coherency?

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #550 of 6,413
popcorn.gif

I admit I was a bit disappointed when I read it was going to be a BA/Dynamic hybird instead of a dual dynamic. I think I'm the only one lol. Everyone's doing the hybrid now. I personally would have gone with a 6 dynamic driver per ear universal.

Anyone who's heard it want to comment on the coherency?

A little birdie told me it rivals the UM Miracle.

wink_face.gif

Jun 2, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #552 of 6,413
Jun 2, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #554 of 6,413
All this AS-2 excitement has my wallet quivering in fear. /pricespeculation.

Hopefully it isn't that much more expensive than the AS-1. 600US for the base model with prices going up from there like the AS-1 would make it an instant purchase for me, but won't be surprised if it is 1000US+ with all high-end models people are touting as rivals 
popcorn.gif

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #555 of 6,413
Quote:
All this AS-2 excitement has my wallet quivering in fear. /pricespeculation.

Hopefully it isn't that much more expensive than the AS-1. 600US for the base model with prices going up from there like the AS-1 would make it an instant purchase for me, but won't be surprised if it is 1000US+ with all high-end models people are touting as rivals 
popcorn.gif

I expect at least 2 ASG-1's price. Hence the 2 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back