Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 11, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #256 of 6,413
Not really veiled, but when ASG-1 and ASG-1.1 reviews speak about incredibly energetic, clear and forward mids.. The 1.2 has a tamer midrange. Not really veiled like the Sennheiser IE 8.

May 11, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #258 of 6,413
Got my Aurisonics! Put them on and put on a song...thought, man, this sounds good but nothing special.....then i rotated them a bit and realized i didnt have a proper seal. Now i never want to tae them off. Don't know how i'm gonna take a picture....hmm......

May 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #259 of 6,413
Quote:
Got my Aurisonics! Put them on and put on a song...thought, man, this sounds good but nothing special.....then i rotated them a bit and realized i didnt have a proper seal. Now i never want to tae them off. Don't know how i'm gonna take a picture....hmm......

hmm and this is without burn in :wink: Just wait till they have a few hours in them and then you really will have to glue them in :wink:

May 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #261 of 6,413
Quote:

Take a picture, please. :p

Also, I remember someone posted a picture on how to wear them properly on the now-locked Aurisonics impressions thread..

May 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #262 of 6,413
Anyone know what I do to get the memory wire thing form to my ear?
Quote:
hmm and this is without burn in :wink: Just wait till they have a few hours in them and then you really will have to glue them in :wink:

So, it took a while to respond to this, but I was awaiting word from Dale, I included what he said below, I wanted to know what happened that my AS-1b's looked so pretty...turns out a lot did.

Email from Dale Lott of Aurisonics:

In an effort to gain some perspective from the consumer market on our up and coming release of the AS-2 series and plating options we decided to upgrade your order to a set of AS-2b series customs. We additionally chrome plated the covers and polished the shells. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the way these both look and sound. Thank you for being a part of the Aurisonics family.... Enjoy - Dale Lott president/ CEO 

May 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #263 of 6,413
Quote:
So, it took a while to respond to this, but I was awaiting word from Dale, I included what he said below, I wanted to know what happened that my AS-1b's looked so pretty...turns out a lot did.

LUCKY YOU!!!!! Chrome plates look epic btw!

May 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #264 of 6,413
popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

May 11, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #265 of 6,413
Quote:

That's fantastic! Could you post some impressions of the sound?

Quote:
Since USPS obviously doesn't know the meaning of priority shipping, I won't have mine until Monday. 

The two times I ordered something with USPS 'priority' shipping, it took over a week for the packages to get to me. Both packages were sent from within 2 days driving distance from my location. One of the times they lost my package for 3 days.

Don't every pay for USPS, insist on FedEx instead.

May 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #266 of 6,413
I could, but not yet. Obviously they sound amazing, but I am still playing with fit and have much more to play around with them. I do plan on doing a review though. Commenting on sound with details now is pointless as I have a bit of a cold. I will start commenting on sound characteristics when I am not sick and have had some alone time with them.
Quote:
That's fantastic! Could you post some impressions of the sound?

EDIT: By fit, obviously these are customs, but I mean getting them to be in my ear properly and consistently doing such quickly/easily. 

EDIT 2: I should say though, I was using my Pico Slim at first, but decided to have a listen with the ZO2 instead. I really wanna save my impressions for my review of them and for informing Dale about my opinions. But this i couldn't hold back, bass monsters even on green, but the closer and closer it gets to red the more bass you get and nothing seems to be compromised in the process (this may be because i'm sick), completely and utterly bass bliss. Gonna stop making Dale's email go crazy, that's it for now.

May 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #267 of 6,413
In an odd turn of events, The asg-1(rev1.2) I sold are staying with me, and probably getting sent back to dale.  I was about to ship them to the buyer, and as I looked from the outside into the otterbox, I couldnt resist trying the montiors....  I popped them in and went on a bike ride averaging about 17MPH constant.  Wouldn't you know it.... The left channel is about is absolutely off the wall.  It let in absolutely ALL ambient noise.  The bass is 35% more powerful on that channel(all of this is with a perfect seal.)  The right channel sounds good...
frown.gif
 I should have just gotten the as-1b customs and forked out the cash money.  Now I'm going to end up jumping through hoops to refund this guy's payment, get the asg-1s fixed.  Ugh... I really wanted me or the Steve(the buyer) to enjoy them, but neither of us can.  The one thing I will say is. The right monitor is the most full sounding aurally pleasing sound I have heard in a long time.
biggrin.gif
  If only I could afford the Custom Monitors.

EDIT: I have also decided to do a little DIY Custom Fit Monitor, Using Radian Custom EarPlug Molds.  Considering that the asg-1 fits flush inside of the ear.  I Am going to Try to make a full Custom IEM as this gentleman did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmk-y_9exJ8&feature=related . I will likely cover everything with the iem, and I will be sure to get on here and post some pictures.  I expect this to work well, as I have done it before with shure SE435, and it worked like a charm aside from the iems sticking fairly far out of the ear.  I anticipate this to be a bit easier due to the natural fit of the asg-1s how it contours perfectly to the ear.  I will post pictures and a guide on how to do it(how I did it)

May 11, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #268 of 6,413
Quote:
I could, but not yet. Obviously they sound amazing, but I am still playing with fit and have much more to play around with them. I do plan on doing a review though. Commenting on sound with details now is pointless as I have a bit of a cold. I will start commenting on sound characteristics when I am not sick and have had some alone time with them.
EDIT: By fit, obviously these are customs, but I mean getting them to be in my ear properly and consistently doing such quickly/easily. 

EDIT 2: I should say though, I was using my Pico Slim at first, but decided to have a listen with the ZO2 instead. I really wanna save my impressions for my review of them and for informing Dale about my opinions. But this i couldn't hold back, bass monsters even on green, but the closer and closer it gets to red the more bass you get and nothing seems to be compromised in the process (this may be because i'm sick), completely and utterly bass bliss. Gonna stop making Dale's email go crazy, that's it for now.

Very interesting, can you compare the bass to anything else you've heard? I'm especially interested in sub bass as I love to 'feel' the beat on certain types of music.

May 11, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #269 of 6,413
First thing when i tried this ZO2 and AS-2b's arrangement was have it at the 2nd from lowest volume setting and slightly yellow....i was blown away from the start. Sub bass is quite spectacular, already was without the ZO2, but i guess i could compare it to the difference between a nice surround system in your room to going to a concert where the levels all sound the same just lounder but the bass just gets so much deeper and has more impact. That's about all I can say about the difference between the Pico Slim and the ZO2 with these CIEM's right now. 
Quote:

Very interesting, can you compare the bass to anything else you've heard? I'm especially interested in sub bass as I love to 'feel' the beat on certain types of music.

Please remember these are still brand new, under less than two hours. But those have been the best and quickest two hours ever. An hour has flown by with them in my ears and I didn't notice the time till now.

May 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #270 of 6,413

yes... What you see is infact Scotch Blue painters tape.  I chose painters tape because it is less dense than other options like ducktape, and I want the tightest possible fit when I stick them into the mold.  I'm basically just prepping the IEM's for the mold, to ensure that absolutely NO foreign substances make it into the Nozzle or any possible openings during the Curing process.  I'm going to burn them in until next wednesday when my molds arrive, then I will begin the process. The reason I covered the whole IEM, is because I will be covering the entire IEM with the mold substance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back