Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Nov 19, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #6,332 of 6,413
Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #6,336 of 6,413
heck yes! but at $45. makes me skeptical? I wonder if there fakes? I am really tempted at $45. would be worth getting a set, if there anywhere near what the ASG lineup is?
I have both the ASG1plus and the Harmony. I bought an FXA7 hoping it would sound like the Harmony but it is tuned differently...too bassy and not enough treble, lacking the Harmony's signature. I imagine the FXA6 is similarly tuned and not like the ASG1plus, but hopefully well worth $45. It retailed for $400 when it came out.

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #6,337 of 6,413
heck yes! but at $45. makes me skeptical? I wonder if there fakes? I am really tempted at $45. would be worth getting a set, if there anywhere near what the ASG lineup is?
I was skeptical too but jumped on board anyway. Now that I got them in hand, they don't seem fake. The quality is really nice, excluding the tips they suck.

Didn't think the FXA6 was so bassy when I ordered it. However it is definitely a basshead IEM in my opinion.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #6,338 of 6,413
awesome so are you liking them? how is the treble on them? give them some time to burn in, the bass should settle in,

I like a sound with heavy bass, thick mids, and revealing treble, so yes ASG's/Fender's are bassy, but they hit the spot on certain days when my BP is up, and everything winds up sounding thin? and I become treble sensitive because of it, so I throw on a pair of ASG's and get into some great bass and thick mids, that cut thru the BP issue and I run out the door, but on normal days my ASG's sound muddy with bass and sound congested, but then my Oriolus MK1's will sound great with heavy bass, thick mids, and revealing treble,

so I have learned my disposition to the world around me effects how I am hearing my music, ggrrr ugh, lol,

Nov 23, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #6,339 of 6,413
awesome so are you liking them? how is the treble on them? give them some time to burn in, the bass should settle in,

I like a sound with heavy bass, thick mids, and revealing treble, so yes ASG's/Fender's are bassy, but they hit the spot on certain days when my BP is up, and everything winds up sounding thin? and I become treble sensitive because of it, so I throw on a pair of ASG's and get into some great bass and thick mids, that cut thru the BP issue and I run out the door, but on normal days my ASG's sound muddy with bass and sound congested, but then my Oriolus MK1's will sound great with heavy bass, thick mids, and revealing treble,

so I have learned my disposition to the world around me effects how I am hearing my music, ggrrr ugh, lol,
My first impressions wasn't good, was listening to the wrong genre I think. After some more listening and staying away from anything that calls for bass (rap, hip-hop). It plays rock very nicely in my opinion.

Trying to get use to the warm sound, it's the first warm anything I've had, not my go to tuning. With that said there is a issue in the treble area, can't put my finger on it just yet but right now the highs seem to have a veil on them.

Going to burn them in some more to see if there is a change. I'll mostly likely keep them either way. They can be fun, especial if you want the heavy bass.

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #6,340 of 6,413
My first impressions wasn't good, was listening to the wrong genre I think. After some more listening and staying away from anything that calls for bass (rap, hip-hop). It plays rock very nicely in my opinion.

Trying to get use to the warm sound, it's the first warm anything I've had, not my go to tuning. With that said there is a issue in the treble area, can't put my finger on it just yet but right now the highs seem to have a veil on them.

Going to burn them in some more to see if there is a change. I'll mostly likely keep them either way. They can be fun, especial if you want the heavy bass.

Ear tips should improve treble response.
The original Spiral dots (bottom) may just do that...
IMG_20200630_075110.jpg

Nov 25, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #6,341 of 6,413
Ear tips should improve treble response.
The original Spiral dots (bottom) may just do that...
That's good to hear, I have a bunch of spiral dot tips at home.

Jan 2, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #6,342 of 6,413
Just a week ago I purchased the Fender Thirteen 6 as I found an incredible offer. Did a 24 hr burn in and have been playing these with a Fiio M15, stock cable and FA Type E tips.

Talk about how cohesive along all spectrums and the bass punch is great ,less dark than the Ten 5

Even tough they are large as they have to fit the 13.5 mm driver the shell is well designed for extended sessions. My ears tend to get fatigue with a few IEM's like UM MEST and Mangird Tea

Quite a shame that people are not able to audition these

20210102_102524.jpg

Jan 2, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #6,343 of 6,413
Just a week ago I purchased the Fender Thirteen 6 as I found an incredible offer. Did a 24 hr burn in and have been playing these with a Fiio M15, stock cable and FA Type E tips.

Talk about how cohesive along all spectrums and the bass punch is great ,less dark than the Ten 5

Even tough they are large as they have to fit the 13.5 mm driver the shell is well designed for extended sessions. My ears tend to get fatigue with a few IEM's like UM MEST and Mangird Tea

Correction 13.6 mm. Have been comparing against Legend X, UM MEST, Campfire Vega/Dorado. I find great details, it feel intimate and the keep looking for songs that could make the Bass crowd the mid’s but they are handled really , really well. No doubt they don’t have an EST and their high’s may not be as with a UM MEST, however the UM’s feel like safe tuning with a lot of tracks as an example, Song’s like NOT from Big Thief that has a very specific set of guitars come in a 3:20, the Fender outplays the Legend and UM.

Continue my testing as also just received a UM 3DT, which the bass ins a bit soft for me

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #6,344 of 6,413

20210102_102524.jpg

Finally I found someone who also own T6. I have mixed feellings about it. Indeed is a great tuning but not for everyone. It's very source dependant and needs EQ to shine. What impresses me most is the big sound, great bass and solid construction. Not sure but I guess it's for stage use as it's quite a dark and thick IEM but at the same time with great detailed and resolution. Very unique tuning.

Jan 5, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #6,345 of 6,413
Finally I found someone who also own T6. I have mixed feellings about it. Indeed is a great tuning but not for everyone. It's very source dependant and needs EQ to shine. What impresses me most is the big sound, great bass and solid construction. Not sure but I guess it's for stage use as it's quite a dark and thick IEM but at the same time with great detailed and resolution. Very unique tuning.
Found it darker with dongle and Fiio BTR5 but the Fiio M15 brings it out . I think tuning is great, had the Ten 5 prior to finding the Thirteen and that one could be used with a phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back