Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 28, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #6,301 of 6,413
2.5 needs good power. Needs a good neutral dac plus a good silver or copper silver cable will help.

OK, I'm not sure if I'm going to down down this road because I'm mostly a smartphone listener. I've started collecting some higher quality audio files of songs I know well, and I got the Neutron player. I think the phone I have (motoz2force) has a decent dac, at least compared to other smartphones. Supposedly it supports HiRes 24 bit audio

Are DACs and AMPs made for audio purposes specially designed, or is any expensive DAC or AMP equally good for all applications? I ask because I work in a scientific research lab, and we have all sorts of expensive DACs and amps laying around for electrophysiology and neuronal imaging purposes. Curious if I could plug into one of those to see if I can notice the difference in quality compared to my phone.

What sort of specs are important on a DAC for audio purposes? Resolution (bits)? Sampling rate? Timing accuracy? Timing resolution?

Jan 28, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #6,302 of 6,413
OK, I'm not sure if I'm going to down down this road because I'm mostly a smartphone listener. I've started collecting some higher quality audio files of songs I know well, and I got the Neutron player. I think the phone I have (motoz2force) has a decent dac, at least compared to other smartphones. Supposedly it supports HiRes 24 bit audio

Are DACs and AMPs made for audio purposes specially designed, or is any expensive DAC or AMP equally good for all applications? I ask because I work in a scientific research lab, and we have all sorts of expensive DACs and amps laying around for electrophysiology and neuronal imaging purposes. Curious if I could plug into one of those to see if I can notice the difference in quality compared to my phone.

What sort of specs are important on a DAC for audio purposes? Resolution (bits)? Sampling rate? Timing accuracy? Timing resolution?
If you dont want to spend too much then you can get a Fiio amp/dac and connect it to your phone.

Feb 4, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #6,305 of 6,413

I'm using ASG 2.5 with Cowon P1. And they dont need amp.

Feb 4, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #6,306 of 6,413
I'm using ASG 2.5 with Cowon P1. And they dont need amp.
True, but a good amp can make it perform better.
20190121_133152.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #6,307 of 6,413
After less than 2 months of usage the left side of my brand new FXA7 Pro gone wrong : -( I think it was something with the MMCX socket, because the left side become totally mute. During the warranty procedure the help-desk guy told me that previously he already handled similar quality issues, but Fender was always quite quick to solve them.

And indeed after less than 2 weeks I received my FXA7 Pro back, and now it is working perfectly : -)

While it was away for repair I was using my XBA-N3, but all that time I was missing the tone of the FXA7 Pro .

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #6,310 of 6,413
Has anyone demo'ed the Fender Nine 0's (Single DD)? Can't find impressions anywhere haha.
The Nine0 is actually quite an impressive pair of IEMs. The performance of the Nine0 IMHO, is significantly better than what is offered by the SE215 considering they're in the same price range. The bass was surprisingly full and the sub-bass is pretty good, of course, the Nine0 wasn't delivering as much clarity on the highs but then hey, it's a single DD pair of IEMs what do you expect lol. But yeah, overall the Nine0 in my opinion, is a fairly nice pair of IEMs when compared with its competitors in the same price bracket.

Apr 22, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #6,312 of 6,413
Anyone know what type of connector Fender uses for the cables? It seems like 2-pin cables come in both 0.75mm and 0.78mm sizes. Which is it? I have a FXA7 with a 2-pin connection.

Are you sure what you have is a FXA7? The FXA7 uses a MMCX connector instead of 2-pin.....

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #6,315 of 6,413
Sorry to bother everyone again! But I love the blue colorway on the Nine-1. But I can't seem to find any reviews. How does it sound? I am looking for speed and an L shaped sound (IDM heavy bass)

I haven't used the Nine-1's, but I did briefly get the Nines. Returned them after about a week

Got them as a replacement for my lost ASG 1.2s, hoping for a similar heavy bass sound that you're after. I was disappointed. I imagine the Nine-1s are a nicer IEM, but they have the same 9.25mm dynamic driver as the Nine, so I would guess that their bass won't deliver that head slapping thump that you're looking for

Best bet is to do like I did; search around on the selling pages of these forums and buy yourself a used pair of ASG 1's, 2's, or ASG-b's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back