Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 6, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #6,016 of 6,413
they sound tighter with amp, better control and bigger soundstage, they can handle enormous amount of power without distortion

Cheers mate!

And finally can you or anyone else compare the FXA2 to the Futuresonics G10? They seem to have the same sound sig at a similar price point.

I'm really torn between these two and my wallet will only let me buy one

May 7, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #6,017 of 6,413
@productred, how does FXA9 compared to Noble K10? thanks

Right now it is no contest between the 2, TO ME the K10 is better in resolution, details retrieval, soundstaging and imaging, dynamics, highs extension and sparkle etc. The FXA9 is better in ergonomics, bass quantity and perhaps looks.

FXA9 isn't bad, but I can really name nothing that it excels in except comfort. K10 (even as a flagship in the past) excels in quite a number of areas.

FXA9 serves well as a stage monitor I'd say, which K10 simply cannot. K10 is purely for enjoyment.

K10 is more an aggressive listen, FXA9 is a comfy listen, never fatiguing.

Nothing much to compare really, they can't be more different.

May 9, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #6,018 of 6,413
Thanks for the impression. I just wanted to know how they compare in sounds. Cheers

May 10, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #6,019 of 6,413
A few Chinese reviews that have surfaced over the last two weeks show the FXA9 to appear thicker than the FXA7 size-wise (thus protruding a bit more from the ear).
Google translate is obviously not the ideal way to read those reviews but from my understanding the reviewers state the A9 has better vocals (especially female) and soundstage but slightly less bass quantity.
Waiting for the first reviews in English to surface.

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #6,020 of 6,413
Just got my hands on the Fender FXA7 last week.

The soundstage of the Fender FXA7 still retained the characteristics and reminded me of the ASG 2.0 and Harmony, but on the other hand the performance of the FXA7 in the mids seems a bit odd when compared with the other two. Maybe more time is needed for the FXA7 to run in? Nevertheless, all three of them feels special in their own way.

The sureseal tips felt weird in ears too - the smallest size ain't sealing up my ears, but one size larger felt a bit too large. Aside from the JVC silicone tips that were suggested as replacements, are there any other ones that are worth looking into?

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #6,021 of 6,413

The soundstage of the Fender FXA7 still retained the characteristics and reminded me of the ASG 2.0 and Harmony, but on the other hand the performance of the FXA7 in the mids seems a bit odd when compared with the other two. Maybe more time is needed for the FXA7 to run in? Nevertheless, all three of them feels special in their own way.

The sureseal tips felt weird in ears too - the smallest size ain't sealing up my ears, but one size larger felt a bit too large. Aside from the JVC silicone tips that were suggested as replacements, are there any other ones that are worth looking into?
RHA tips. Lets Go Audio has them

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #6,023 of 6,413

try monoprice tips. the soundstage feel wider and better instrument separation

Jul 18, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #6,025 of 6,413
I use SpinFit tips with good results on my ASG1+ and Harmony. I can't stand the SureSeal tips.

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #6,026 of 6,413
Cheers mate!

And finally can you or anyone else compare the FXA2 to the Futuresonics G10? They seem to have the same sound sig at a similar price point.

I'm really torn between these two and my wallet will only let me buy one

I have both... and they are both really good. They do sound similar, but there are some differences. Honestly, they are close enough to get the one that fits your needs in other areas. Both are comfortable, but over-ear vs the very light G10. Not to say A2 are heavy, just the G10 are weirdly light. A2 has removable cables... much better built.

Jul 26, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #6,027 of 6,413
I have both... and they are both really good. They do sound similar, but there are some differences. Honestly, they are close enough to get the one that fits your needs in other areas. Both are comfortable, but over-ear vs the very light G10. Not to say A2 are heavy, just the G10 are weirdly light. A2 has removable cables... much better built.

Thanks mate, I actually prefer wearing cable down at work since they are easier/quicker to take out of your ears when wanting to talk to someone.

They'll mostly be used in the office so build quality isn't a huge issue; only the drivers/electronics should withstand being amped from a Fiio E18 with bass boost on.

Jul 26, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #6,029 of 6,413
Got some free time and didn't know what to do today so I ended up taking out my ASG 2.0 from the pelican case (I'll admit it, I bought the FXA7 to replace my ASG 2.0 as my daily driver since I don't want to break the 2.0 - they're just too precious to me) and put it up against the FXA7 again.

Using my MacBook Pro 13" Retina (late 2015), I chose the same set of songs to find out the difference between the characteristics the ASG 2.0 and the FXA7. The differences I mentioned previously are still present - as well as the oddness. The sound signature of the ASG 2.0 and the FXA7 are very, if not drastically different. The two both have the nice and wide sound stage, but even having the bass port turned to half of the last bar - having it almost closed, the punchy and powerful bass of the 2.0 easily overpowered the FXA7. The bass of the FXA7 on the other hand, sounded very controlled and sort of felt like it was holding back - to a point that I am now doubting if the dynamic drivers are not functioning correctly. (<-Perhaps that's because of my limited equipment I have to power the FXA7?)

The FXA7's odd performance with mids is still present, vocals - female vocals in particular sounds a bit distant when compared with the 2.0. The highs however, the FXA7 certainly has a much better delivery than the 2.0 as the high sounded much brighter. The 2.0 wasn't bad with highs, but it does have a lower clarity than FXA7 with it seemingly overwhelmed by the mid and low frequencies, which this is also the tiny imperfection that got me into considering the FXA7 in the first place.

I might try to write a more detailed comparison of the two later when I have more time, and as well as listing out the impressions of the two in the songs that I chose to compare them with.

Apologies if what I wrote sounded like nonsense (especially the wordings), this is actually my first try in writing and describing two IEMs in a post.

Oh, and the SureSeal tips are seriously horrible and irritating. lol

Jul 26, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #6,030 of 6,413
Your FXA7 seem to function normally, this is exactly how I remember from along demo in Singapore when compared to ASG2.0/2.5.
Bass is less present, which was disappointing coming from a long series of bass-heavy ASGs...
And upper mids felt recessed, which was also a departure from all ASGs.
In terms of treble, I don't remember a large difference, but since I don't have my ASGs anymore, I can't compare again.

If you add the lesser built quality, it was really disappointing.
SureSeal tips had very polar reviews: some people love how they stick into ear canals, but others like me hate them because they're earwax magnets and get dirty very fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back