Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 25, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #4,489 of 6,413
Mannnn, missed out on the Harmony discount sales - anyone regretting their purchase and willing to sell to me I'll happily take it off your hands

I nabbed one in the sale in UK here. It's on its way today apparently. If I'm not keen on it...I'll let you know.

Re the 'total package iem' question - I believe the best and most complete sounding IEM in the future will involve a dynamic driver in some way. Not convinced by the 'look how many BA's I can fit in' wars. It's a bit like how many blades you can fit on a razor :laughing:

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #4,490 of 6,413
  If you're in australia addicted to audio is having a sale too on aurisonics stuff.

Still ~$170 AUD cheaper from that particular UK store!

I nabbed one in the sale in UK here. It's on its way today apparently. If I'm not keen on it...I'll let you know.

Re the 'total package iem' question - I believe the best and most complete sounding IEM in the future will involve a dynamic driver in some way. Not convinced by the 'look how many BA's I can fit in' wars. It's a bit like how many blades you can fit on a razor :laughing:

Cheers for that! :)
Although you might be seduced by that lovely AS sound

Jan 25, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #4,492 of 6,413
  True, still, you save 200AUD on the original price, and I gladly paid it at that price. :p

Also depending on where you are you might as well plop down to one of their shops for a listen. $420 is still quite a lot to buy blind.

Owned them for under a month previously, had a great time with them and they far and away one of the best IEM's I've heard (this is coming from demoing TOTL IEMs like W60, SE846, ASG-2, ASG-2.5, K3003...) at that price they are ridiculously good value.

In summary, based off memory:
Near bottomless bass with very adequate quantity, slightly pulled back mids but still somehow gorgeous and attention-grabbing, extension of the treble is infinite and has great microdetail. Balanced sounding, maybe slightly U-sounded iirc.
Soundstage is the star of the show though - nicely deep and very wide. Just how I like it :)
Only real con was some grating sibilance, but I believe this can be alleviated somewhat if Complys are added (which I didn't do)
Hope that helps some in deciding.

I intend to write a full review if I get a pair again, just to start the hype again. Although... they won't be on the market for very long anymore
Gotta score a pair first though

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #4,494 of 6,413
  Ah that's fair enough. I'd always advice that people should give an audition first if they can

Ha. Little chance of auditioning many TOTL's over here. Pretty much everything I've bought has been on a wing and a prayer
eek.gif
 (and decent reviews) 

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #4,495 of 6,413
Well so much for the fun. Got a e-mail from hifiheadphones that I'm also not getting my ordered Harmony. 
frown.gif

I'm sorry to have to inform you but we have found that we have no Harmony model left in stock; this must have been due to a discrepancy between the stock system and what was available on the shelf.

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #4,496 of 6,413
  Well so much for the fun. Got a e-mail from hifiheadphones that I'm also not getting my ordered Harmony. 
frown.gif

So sorry to hear, that sucks big time.

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #4,497 of 6,413
My Harmony's arrived today.
First impressions are they are fairly comfortable for me, but don't like the tips. Have ordered comply tsx 400.

Too early to comment on the sound.

Anybody noticed any improvements on theirs after burning in?

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #4,498 of 6,413
First impressions are they are fairly comfortable for me, but don't like the tips. Have ordered comply tsx 400.

Yes, give the dynamic drivers a few hours of leg work before you make your judgement.

Cheers,
Cellardoor

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #4,499 of 6,413

comply the regular ones with no filter.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #4,500 of 6,413
Just need a few opinions on Rockets vs. Kicker.
I'm torn between them, and considering the price is the same, it makes the choice even harder. The sound signature I feel is what is getting me the most. Kickers are supposedly really warm/bassy, which I'd enjoy, coming from some V-Modas, but I also like Rockets for being IIRC fairly uncolored.
Rockets pros: Build quality/materials, as compact as possible
Kicker: Better bass...?
I haven't seen any reviews on the Kicker aside from a really quick one off of some random website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back