Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #107 of 6,413

Quote:
Yeh , he'll save on what's ridiculous fees and you'll get them cheaper! Win Win! Or for the trust thing you can always ask him to stick em on here and then go through here and PayPal
smily_headphones1.gif

you have no security going via head-fi...
so communication through email would be the same thing...

paypal goods payment will end up i think at around £120-125 (buyer is still protected) and seller doesn't have to pay ebay nor paypal 10%

Anyway...let's not go off-topic now shall we sonny...before I GET TOLD OFF AGAIN...
wink.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #108 of 6,413
Ahaha but surely were DISCUSSING the purchase of a on topic EARPHONE. Yeh but I've seen people try and scam people on here and they've been helped to be resolved! That's all.

Haven't had enough time for my aurisonics at the moment which is a shame. In school with my able planets (bass monsters) today so I have to wait a bit before the beauty of my ASG-1s!

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #109 of 6,413

Quote:
Ahaha but surely were DISCUSSING the purchase of a on topic EARPHONE. Yeh but I've seen people try and scam people on here and they've been helped to be resolved! That's all.

Haven't had enough time for my aurisonics at the moment which is a shame. In school with my able planets (bass monsters) today so I have to wait a bit before the beauty of my ASG-1s!

lol :p
And I thought discussing how they got stolen was on-topic too...some have other ideas instead 
wink.gif

Back on topic:
You going to replace yours with the 1.2? I can't remember if u already have the 1.2 or not

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #112 of 6,413
first my left side had problems with seal. now it's my right one. seems like the canal is severely rotated and as such i have to place my right side in a weird way to achieve a full seal. :frowning2: another refit for my right one.

initial impressions. so far the 1 song that strike me the most is Chris Botti's Ave Maria LIve in Boston. in the original version the trumpet shrill was so shrieking that sometimes i had to turn down the volume quite abit to prevent ringing in my ears. but with the filtered version i don't experience this and can enjoy the music like as though i'm watching it live. caught him live while he was in singapore in nov/dec for a performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1lx38-jxWY

another song would be solu music's fade. this song pretty much highlights the as-1b bass capabilities. the bass notes is full of energy and hits hard with oomph. unlike the ie8 where quantity is all over, the as-1b has quantity but with quality. quality in the energy of the bass notes and the oomph of it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjNQSgPCtsc

as for vocals there's this particular song which is really hard to find anywhere by elisa calmo mira, stay with me till dawn. i believe it's from hed kandi nu kool 2. really old song that can't be found anywhere. those interested to hear it pm me for it. :wink: the original as-1b make her vocals rather shouty as most described here. but for the filtered version, the vocals feel laid back as how the song type should be. 

all i can say is. the filtered version of the as-1b is the best ever!!! even better than me ie8, atrio, tf10 and hd25. take note i opened the ambient ports fully & turned the bass knob half way.

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #113 of 6,413
Sounds great but shame about the need of a refit. How does the ambient ports effect the sound? More airy?
Bass sounds awesome as well and is how I here the asgs bass but with out the quantity near an IE8!

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #114 of 6,413

Quote:
Sounds great but shame about the need of a refit. How does the ambient ports effect the sound? More airy?
Bass sounds awesome as well and is how I here the asgs bass but with out the quantity near an IE8!

Yea, a shame about a refit, Really hoping mine arent going to need that, would be horrible if I had to start the wait all over again. Though not as bad as finals week at college would keep my mind busy for at least some of that time.

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #115 of 6,413
yeah sadly the fit just isn't there for my right side. have to put it in a really weird position in order to achieve a seal :frowning2: i might just be Dale's most troublesome customer for having so much problems. 
redface.gif
 tho i still have to say a big thank you to Dale for having served me with impeccable services. 

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #116 of 6,413

Quote:
yeah sadly the fit just isn't there for my right side. have to put it in a really weird position in order to achieve a seal :frowning2: i might just be Dale's most troublesome customer for having so much problems. 
redface.gif
 tho i still have to say a big thank you to Dale for having served me with impeccable services. 

The seal would be a whole lot better the ear canal extended a bit more into the ear. For me, the ASG-1's go in at an angle (so instead of being like: || it's like: /| to get a good seal)

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #117 of 6,413
For those wondering about the revision of 2nd hand asg1s i received email ttoday stati g he will honor them. I did tell him i got them in trade and have the rwciwpt from original owner. So i will be sending mine in monday (good thing my atrio mg7 arrived today and sennheiser addidas 25s tommarrow so i will be ok for few weeks. Originally planned on using atrios just whole asg being revised but after 1at listen i may be keeping them as that bass is no joke. I read reviews but had to hear for myself. Now to find used digizoid although cowon j3 and mach3 was damn good.:D

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #119 of 6,413

Quote:
Anyone's cables turn green yet?

For the past couple weeks :p  I made a post about it in the old thread (calling them battle scars too :p).  Some people thought it was a defect when I said it, so I had to explain that it wasn't :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back