Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 5, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #646 of 6,413
Woww ! Looks like i have returned to the forums at a good time.

I have been patiently waiting months for news on the ASG-2 release & it would seem it delivers everything & more I had hoped from the original ASG1. I am so excited & just can't wait to get them in my ears. Maybe at last my long search will be over for THAT IEM.

Having bought the original, I found the sound signature not liking to my taste but believed Aurisonics had the potential to make it into lot more.
I skipped the 1.2 upgrade because of the expenses involved in shipping from UK & also the highs were still not addressed. I must have spent an extra $100+ to get them delivered to UK (delivery + duty tax) & really couldn't afford to do that again.

I'm now patiently awaiting for the official word on upgrade path from ASG1 to ASG2 & pricing.

I hope Dale of Aurisonics will be able to do something for us poor Europeans so we don't have to pay ludicrous prices to USPS for delivery ($50+) & duty tax again ($50+ in uk). Maybe if upgrades are declared as repairs than duty tax will not apply. Please help us out Dale & congratulations to you on creating something VERY special.

* Edit *
Have any possessors of ASG2's tried out Trance tracks ?
Has the sparkle been upped enough to satisfy this genre ?

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #647 of 6,413
Quote:
Haha, surely you have to be a gentle man and hand them over :wink:

Swear you had them up for sale? Or are you keeping them now?

Hah, yep. She's a brat; she usually gets what she wants :p

Yeah, I did put them up, but decided I didn't want to sell them after my girlfriend liked them so much. Besides, it isn't long now until the AS-2 comes out 
eek.gif

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #648 of 6,413
....don't know how it compares to the ASG-1's, but the AS-2's I got (which are final release model apparently) are wonderful with anything you can think of. But Trance is definitely amazing to hear. I've definitely been lost to the world a few times, thank god Trance songs eventually end. 
Quote:

* Edit *

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #651 of 6,413
Quote:
Well it is Dale, he'll be reasonable with the pricing.

+1 Remember one of Aurisonics' goals is to make things good, but also affordable (or as affordable as they can :p). In other words, they aren't the company that will squeeze you for every penny you have (Monster, AKG, etc.), they want to leave some pennies for next time :p

Jun 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #654 of 6,413
With ASG-1 mids please
biggrin.gif
of course without the shoutiness.
Quote:
I'm as big a DBA fan as you'll find.  Unlike many, I wouldn't consider them treble happy phones, though.. why?  Because I've had them reshelled & with a custom fit, they sound impeccably balanced & not overly bright in anyway.  My love for their crisp, detailed response is why I was looking into getting them reshelled (again) with another driver or two to handle the low end.. until the AS-2 came along. Like I said.  Dale achieved the type of signature I was looking to create : DBA-02 & CK10.. on steroids.. with subs.

Jun 6, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #657 of 6,413
I felt the need to comment on this again. I took a listen to some trance songs today with the AS-2's and I wanted to try and give you a bit of a better response. 
Quote:
* Edit *

Trance songs are lots of fun to listen to with the AS-2's in. I found it a great joy to hear many nuances in songs that I know I didn't hear before with other IEM's or setups. The soundstage, as mentioned in the past, is quite open and wide. so it allowed for some great listening with the trance songs I have and the bass on some of the songs I have was punchy and lively, yet not overwhelming to the rest of the spectrum in those moments of the song.

The AS-2's got some amazing speed and they literally handle everything well that i've thrown at it. The only thing that sounds bad is really low quality audio files. I have found that I have turned my back on anything lower than 192kbps and prefer 320kbps or lossless files when I can since the higher quality the audio stream, the better the AS-2's perform and the better imaging and soundstage you get. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #659 of 6,413
The cables above the Y-split are oxidizing in my pair, yet the cable below the Y-split is still good as new. Can anyone explain why?

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #660 of 6,413
Quote:
The cables above the Y-split are oxidizing in my pair, yet the cable below the Y-split is still good as new. Can anyone explain why?

It's natural for cables to oxidize...  You'll be fine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back