Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 17, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #6,406 of 6,413
Deleted.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #6,408 of 6,413
guys.. need advice.. i have thirteen 6 and trying to find good peq .. can anyone advice.. i am trying to use them with ibasso dx320 and fiio m17 dap/dac
AutoEQ has plenty of PEQ profiles for the Thirteen-6:

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Au...inacle/harman_in-ear_2019v2/Fender Thirteen 6

How are you finding them without EQ? I found them quite average / muddy without tweaking, but they respond really well to EQ so the drivers themselves obviously don't have much distortion.

Mar 23, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #6,409 of 6,413
AutoEQ has plenty of PEQ profiles for the Thirteen-6:

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/crinacle/harman_in-ear_2019v2/Fender Thirteen 6

How are you finding them without EQ? I found them quite average / muddy without tweaking, but they respond really well to EQ so the drivers themselves obviously don't have much distortion.
thanks for the information.. without EQ they are garbage. Initially i thought i have bad iems and need to send them for repair...
last year I bought them used and tried to reach fender to get advice but was asked to produce original purchase copy so no go and thought i waisted $$$...
Atleast now i can listen to them with eq

Mar 23, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #6,410 of 6,413
thanks for the information.. without EQ they are garbage. Initially i thought i have bad iems and need to send them for repair...
last year I bought them used and tried to reach fender to get advice but was asked to produce original purchase copy so no go and thought i waisted $$$...
Atleast now i can listen to them with eq
They do respond very well to a decent EQ. That's the frustrating thing - there seems to be plenty of capability in the drivers and crossover design they are using, and the fit and ergonomics are fantastic. It's just the initial tuning that is garbage. :wink:

Mar 23, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #6,411 of 6,413
They do respond very well to a decent EQ. That's the frustrating thing - there seems to be plenty of capability in the drivers and crossover design they are using, and the fit and ergonomics are fantastic. It's just the initial tuning that is garbage. :wink:
I tried to use the first 5 bands from the link you had provided me it improved but i still see bass not punchy....and sometimes very muddy listing to mad max fury road

Mar 26, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #6,413 of 6,413
I just wanted to swing back on the ASG 2.5 comparisons with current IEMs. I did manage to get a set of the Beyer Xelento GEN 2s. I have been looking for a warm dynamic driver set that has a similar profile to the ASG2.5. The uniqueness of that IEM is held in the elevation of the mid-bass, along with perhaps the most dynamic driver on the market, and a descending freq response from there to the treble. Anyone who has heard the 2.5 knows it is an oddball, but very seductive. I have been trying multiple sets of current IEMS and none have that signature or dynamics. The Xelento 2 has some great attributes, but is far-removed from the ASG 2.5 experience. The Xelento does have a snappy, firm leading edge type bass, which is nearly impossible to find, not that the modern takes on the "Harmon curve" require hollowed out mid-bass and silly levels of sub-bass. The Xelentos also have a smoothness, which is endearing, some added brightness up top which keeps this from being a truly "warm" IEM. Overall, I am glad that I invested in the Xelento 2s. They are very dynamic, revealing, coherent, and 'fun'. I still will keep searching for an ASG 2.5 replacement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back