Fender FXA2 versus Future Sonics G10
May 18, 2017 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Tr1ppy

100+ Head-Fier
I'm torn between the FXA2 and the G10 iem's. They seem to have the sound signature i'm after which is elevated sub-bass, controlled mid-bass and balanced but not elevated mids and treble.

I'm quite sensitive to treble and I'm not too bothered about huge treble extension so thats why dark signatures are preferred.

I listen to a lot of deep house, DnB, rap and rock (especially punk rock) hence the preference for the sound sig.

Does anyone have any experience of the iem's mentioned above? Which suits my tastes better?

Also I'll be driving them out of my Fiio E18 DAC/amp (prefer higher volume levels as well as sub-bass rumble and impact) so they need to be able to handle the extra power without the drivers distorting, clipping etc.

Thanks

May 18, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 6
Have you seen Luckbad's post in G10 thread? He made a brief comparison between these 2 IEMs in that post.

Edit - Here is the link to the post https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/r...pressions-thread.770364/page-16#post-13022645

Perhaps, you could PM him for more details.

Thanks @hqssui I had just seen his post before making this thread lol as I was reading the G10 thread. But good suggestion on the PM, I've contacted him.

I'll let you guys know what he says in case anyone else is after these iem's too.

May 19, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #4 of 6
So just an update. I've spoken to Luckbad as he has experience of both iems.

He says that they have a very similar signature of elevated sub-bass and smooth elsewhere. The main differences are in the fit and the cables.

The G10 are smaller and can be worn cable up or down. The FXA2 can only be worn cable up.

The FXA2 has detachable cables and are more robust in theory whereas the G10 has fixed cables but he hasn't had any issues with either in terms of robustness.

I think I am leaning towards the G10 as I prefer a cable down fit. I just want to know about its scaleability when driven from an amp; do the drivers fall apart or can it improve the volume, impact, clarity etc.?

I have asked Luckbad again so will post updates but if anyone else can contribute regarding amps and the iems in general, that would be cool.

May 19, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I find G10 to be very comfortable as well. I have primarily used G10 with Fiio X3 and Cowon C2 and both could drive it with no issues. Never tried it with an Amp. You should also note that G10's nozzle is very narrow like Weston IEMS, so not all tips (if you have a collection) will not suit them.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks, I have a pair of Klipsch X10 so I think the eargels will fit as well, if the standard included tips don't agree with my ears.

Luckbad also mentions that the G10 works well with an amp so hopefully my Fiio E18 should be able to drive them well.

My previous iems were the Carbo Basso and they scaled very well with the E18. Bass went deeper and hit harder to ear canal rattling levels, as well as improved soundstage.

However they suffered slightly from housing rattle and then eventually my right earpiece started cutting out.

For the price they are fantastic, and I hope the G10 can improve on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back