Fellow head-fier needs help me DAP purchase...
Mar 27, 2006 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ILuvSony

100+ Head-Fier
confused.gif
Hey guys,

A fellow head-fier "Sayrum" sent me an e-mail regarding a DAP player and I am clueless, could someone help him out?

Thanks guys,
Joonmo

the e-mail said
"I'm hoping it is allright to mail you like this...
am looking for a small, mid price, 1-2gb mp3player (good sound!) with radio.
for jogging and also to carry around life in general. so sony as an mp3player is new to me, any suggestions?

now i'm looking at the NW-E507(1gb), nw-407(also 1gb)and the nw-e608(2GB + same size!)
is there any difference between the 407 and 507? (here in germany the 407 is a bit cheaper...)
am loving the 2gb one though, but i found this:

http://forevergeek.com/news/sony_con...ts_walkman.php

what about probs with copyright etc?"

Mar 27, 2006 at 8:38 AM Post #2 of 3
Given the knowledge on Sony you displayed in your other thread, I am very sceptical that you cannot help this person about Sony DAPs

If however you really cannot help, then PM this head-fier to start a thread themselves, then I'm sure we can all help

Anyway, regarding Connect, it's just that it's so slow and system intensive...presumably due to bad code and lots of background resources to check DRM
rolleyes.gif
Just download SS like Sony say

But if I was Sayrum, I'd look elsewhere, like Cowon, which have software free players, Creative, iRiver, or even Apple, as at least iTunes is better than SS

Mar 27, 2006 at 8:44 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
Given the knowledge on Sony you displayed in your other thread, I am very sceptical that you cannot help this person about Sony DAPs

If however you really cannot help, then PM this head-fier to start a thread themselves, then I'm sure we can all help

I am a PCDP person. I really don't know much about DAPs (can't tell the difference between a 8 track and an ATRAC).

Hence, I still have yet to own a DAP.
"Sayrum" has posted all of 5 postings, but I have forwarded the link to him.

Thanx for your 2 cents!
Joonmo
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back