Feliks Audio tube amps
Jul 16, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #256 of 1,113
It's been a while since I use the Psvane 6sn7 drivers and I'm doing that now with RCA 6as7g as power tubes.

This combination is particularly pleasing with Yggy and HD800. So full of body, texture and density. Yet sounding so clear and sweet. A lovely combination indeed.

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #257 of 1,113
Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #258 of 1,113
Then why did you sell it off? :ksc75smile::face_palm::face_palm::face_palm:
How do you think I financed the Mullard 6080, the Sylvania 6sn7wgt, the GEC 6080, the Sylvania 6sn7w, the Tung-Sol 5998 and the Tung-Sol 6sn7? Still got two pairs left, the Siemens (TFK) EL12n and the TFK EL12 st if anyone's interested.

Jul 16, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #259 of 1,113
I have 2 x Telefunken EL12 and 2 x RFT EL12N plus 4 EL11/12 to 6sn7 adapters for sale at

just $100 plus shipping. Dirt cheap. Please take it from me.

Jul 16, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #260 of 1,113
How do you think I financed the Mullard 6080, the Sylvania 6sn7wgt, the GEC 6080, the Sylvania 6sn7w, the Tung-Sol 5998 and the Tung-Sol 6sn7? Still got two pairs left, the Siemens (TFK) EL12n and the TFK EL12 st if anyone's interested.

Ah I thought you love them because you said they are cool to touch. :)

Jul 16, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #261 of 1,113
This will eventually be my resident headphones.

HD800 and ZMF Atticus

9814886_thumb.jpg

Jul 16, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #262 of 1,113
If anyone has good musical hearing, it's Zach of ZMF headphones. You will find a lot of seasoned head-fiers simply loving his ZMF tuned headphones. He is a master headphone tuner with an uncanny ability to turn out great sounding, perfectly voiced headphones.

To get this statement from him, is a real praise for Euforia. We finally have some solid confirmation that this tube amp is good. Just read this response of Zach to me on the ZMF headphone thread...

I recently got a Euforia from the Feliks guys, and they will be showing the Eikon this weekend at London CanJam for those lucky enough to be there!

The Euforia imho is pretty fantastic with the Atticus Eikon too, I see you have one in your sig.

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #263 of 1,113
Yeah, Zach's tuning is really nice, especially if you like a little more low end.

If you like acoustic music, the bass is just killer in many recordings.
Really wonderful for some down and dirty blues.

If a person owns an OTL amp these cans are a wonderful match....there are not many 300 ohm headphones out there and this is where the OTL amps are best IMO, 100 ohms and up

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #265 of 1,113
That's actually my photo of the HD800 and ZMF Eikon. Atticus, in padauk wood, will look identical however.

Sorry I 'borrowed' your photo... it's so good though. :ksc75smile: I am seriously thinking of getting the Atticus but am torn between it and the Eikon.

Any advice?

Zach says that both my amps, Euforia and Ragnarok will pair perfectly with both Atticus and Eikon.

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #266 of 1,113
5lcXWMd.jpg

nEGw7hG.jpg

qiLpYXg.jpg

Had a nice time at CanJam hanging out with the guys at the Feliks booth. From my brief listening, I can tell that the Euphoria is a step up from the Elise in detail retrieval, staging and clarity. Despite this, I noticed some preferred the Elise for its warmer characteristic - so it really is a preference and you can't go wrong with either.

Zach asked me to take the ZMF Eikon Camphor to Feliks and it garnered many positive reactions, and for good reason - it pairs fantastically with OTL tube amplifiers and I've been using my Atticus and Eikon at home with the Elise. I preferred it on the Euphoria however, but I need more time (and more tubes) to be sure.

I also really enjoyed the Euphoria with the Focal Utopia. I think it had a very natural sound without any loss of detail or any kind of warm tilt. They told me that they are heavily preferring the use of PSVANE driver tubes now, as the Tung Sols are getting harder to source. I told them of my preference at home for the Mullard 6080 and Ken Rad driver tubes - and they said it sounded interesting, but must run quite hot!

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #267 of 1,113
Sorry I 'borrowed' your photo... it's so good though. :ksc75smile: I am seriously thinking of getting the Atticus but am torn between it and the Eikon.

Any advice?

Zach says that both my amps, Euforia and Ragnarok will pair perfectly with both Atticus and Eikon.
Sure. I will definitely cover it in my Elise review and I wrote some impressions just now above of the Euphoria and Eikon. I think it is a great pairing for its ability to let the Eikon be itself in tonality but also retain a sense of finer detail.

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #268 of 1,113
Sure. I will definitely cover it in my Elise review and I wrote some impressions just now above of the Euphoria and Eikon. I think it is a great pairing for its ability to let the Eikon be itself in tonality but also retain a sense of finer detail.

Today of all days is the 'beginning of happiness' for me. So many things you said and the photos and short impressions that you post of the Can Jam 2017 which you attended and met with Feliks Audio guys, just overwhelmed me.

I have love both Elise and Euforia since I had them and they are like my babies. Whenever someone says any nasty things about them, I feel I want to smack them. :ksc75smile:

Seriously, I am so happy for Feliks Audio that their amps are so well received and it sounded great with Eikon !!! I'm so happy for @hypnos1 too for he is responsible for this to happen. Where are you CJ? !!!!!
Come out. It's time I open the Hennessy XO for you. I mean it mon ami..... :heart_eyes:

Not only that, You said it sounded great with Focal Utopia. Well my ears weren't lying to me when I heard the Focal Utopia on my Euforia at the April 2017 Sydney meet. I absolutely love it. I proclaimed it the best headphone I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.... and this is with Euforia and my then lowly NAD d1050.

Well Aornic, when you finished your Elise review, do let me know. I want to read it.

Cheers
UT

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #269 of 1,113
The problem is .... now I want the Eikon !!!

Maybe I should buy both Atticus and Eikon !!!!

So tempting now...... oh well you only live once........ honey I just spend another 2.8 grand on headphones.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back