1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks Audio tube amps

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by UntilThen, Jul 11, 2017.
First

Back
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Next

Last
  1. UntilThen
    The 300B is a beautiful looking tube. I do wish to hear a 300B amp one day. I've my made my enquires of the KT150 with the seller. It will be interesting to hear that monstrous tube too.

2. UntilThen
    For closed back, you need to listen to Eikon or Atticus. Great sounding headphones in my opinion. Leaves HD650 far behind.

3. Rossliew
    One day perhaps if I venture into 2 channel I will seriously consider the PL...

4. UntilThen
    Just found out that Kev Deal of Upscale Audio play a big part in Primaluna developments. Here is his showroom.

5. DecentLevi
    Not yet getting to hear the Eikon or Atticus, I have heard their Omni as well as many other closed-backs several times each including the entire line from AKG, ATH, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Denon, Ultrasone, Focal, Bose, Pioneer, Sony, B&O, Oppo, V-Moda, Meze, Yamaha, JBL, Shure, Crosszone and many more. This was done over 3 days at likely the world's largest headphone stores, in Tokyo and Osaka using a decent source. As I was seeking the perfect low cost closed-back, the ZMF offerings are in a higher tier, as well as what many regard as the ultimate closed 'can which is the Ether C Flow from Mr. Speakers. To me, the newer HD-380 Pro were the most tonally correct, proper, detailed and extended of all at the mid-tier range.

Thinking I had already found my summit with the Focal Spirit Classic, with the Senn. HD-280 not far behind, I was prompted to find a HD-380 Pro to demo. Believe me after all this I was not expecting a lower model number from the Sennheiser line to outdo everything else I've tried, and I was in as much disbelief during my multiple listening sessions as some of you may be reading this. It has tight bass that extends extremely deep, dynamics that are immediately fast / tight / snappy, what seems to be 100% perfect tonality / voicing, natural highs and perhaps a holographic soundstage. Their are angled drivers and unusually large cup size allow for an immersive soundstage (Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement technology which angles the transducer to the optimal listening position). Comparing it to their other somewhat new closedback HD-569, which are to me like a closed version of the HD-650, I found the latter to sound quite dull and mid-centric by contrast, wheras the HD-380 Pro was lifelike, sweet and extended... and with absolutely 0 veil. This is a large departure from the 'house sound' of the Sennheiser line, IMO sounding nothing like the HD-650 - perhaps akin to a blend of the Beyer. DT-770 (on a good amp) and the Senn. HD-800, but with deeper bass. At only $130 new (or less used), these punch far above their pricepoint for closedbacks.

If I had any gripes, it may be just that the soundstage is could be too large at times, and the clamp is somewhat strong, yet with great isolation. Here is a review video from Woo Audio

(and note the cable is detachable. There are a few other negative video reviews, but those were older revisions or poorly amped). These are truly something you've got to try to believe.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  6. UntilThen
    My headphones :)

20170923_051450.jpg

7. UntilThen
    Unbelievable....

Price for Elise and Euforia have been raised.

Elise is now 1299 euro = US$1525

Euforia is now 1999 euro = US$2347

8. MIKELAP
    If they would had been priced like this from the start maybe ,but doing this know .Dont think its going to help sales

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  9. Oscar-HiFi
    Yeah exchange rates are not great and the cost of things is going up, guessing they needed to up their prices :frowning2:

I remember getting my Espressivo for around £200, now it's about double that

10. DecentLevi
    Yeah either F-A have upgraded their new models, or needed to balance profits. Either way feels like I just won money on mine, Lol

11. CJG888
    That's me out then. Reminds me of Altmann's pricing strategy for the Tera-player!

Shame, it seems like a good amp - but at its new price point, it will face a whole new world of competition.

Looks like I'll have to wait for a sensibly-priced used Zana Deux to turn up. I'm not in a hurry...

12. Levanter
    Well considering the over hyped praise they are getting...
    Their products were good for their old price, but with their current over inflated prices their products are quite underwhelming

DecentLevi likes this.
  13. CJG888
    Yup, get ready Euforia... you're going into the ring with the Zana Deux SE. Good luck with that.

14. MIKELAP
    Used is also good. Bought a few amps used never had a problem

15. UntilThen
    @Rossliew aren't you glad you bought my 'new' Elise? :ksc75smile: The introductory price for Elise was US$499 when it first came out. For Euforia it was US$1259. It did get a good review though. http://earphiles.org/2017/09/feliks-audio-euforia-review/

I'll have to revise my Euforia price now. Someone wants to buy it from me. Someone local. Expect me to sell off the 6sn7 and 6as7s too. Ross, are you interested? :ksc75smile: Now my Primaluna seems cheap in comparison. :ksc75smile:

It's been the 3rd night and Prima Donna continue to stagger me. The level of details and clarity is simply stunning. There's a nice click when you power it on. Everything sounds nice and looks nice on PL. I've found a local seller who will sell me 8 x Tungsol EL34 and 2 x Tungsol 12au7 NOS 1950s for $416 including express post.

First

Back
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Next

Last