Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Oct 26, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #9,841 of 11,460

Nieuw bericht van: xulingmrs Top Rated Seller(11,183YellowShooting Star)

hello,don't waste my money,i will not send again,please.
Thanks!

Hi, I bought the converters for KT88 on ebay, but they did not arrive. So I said they did not arrive. Thus I got my money back, and I tried to buy them again. Which was not appreciated at all.​

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #9,842 of 11,460
Warum k

Nieuw bericht van: xulingmrs Top Rated Seller(11,183YellowShooting Star)

hello,don't waste my money,i will not send again,please.
Thanks!

Hi, I bought the converters for KT88 on ebay, but they did not arrive. So I said they did not arrive. Thus I got my money back, and I tried to buy them again. Which was not appreciated at all.​

Hello,
Why don't you order one from Deyan?
His work is otherwise good.
I still have 3 pieces that I ordered from him in March.
Never used them until now.
I could offer them to you if you like?
According to Deyan you can use 6L6 6V6 EL34 EL37 KT66 KT77 KT88 tubes with the adapters.

Maybe this will help you.

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #9,843 of 11,460
Hi folks, can anyone please help me understand the output impedance of Euforia? I can't find it in the spec, also haven't seen a definitive answer in the forum...
Also does the impedance change with the tubes? If so, is there a formula to calculate that?

Oct 27, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #9,845 of 11,460
I could find a couple of posts about output impedance. About 50 ohms, but it might depend on tubes.

Thanks for all the replies about the output impedance. I was informed by some of the posters in the BottleHead thread that the output impedance of the BH Crack changes depending on which tubes are used and it can vary quite a bit from 50ohms up to 120ohms IIRC, which in turn changes the sound quite a bit with some headphones like the HE-560, HD-650, Ether/Ether C so I'm thinking that those who like the some of these headphones on the Elise might be using tubes/combos which lower the output impedance much lower than with the stock tubes. Does anyone know how to calculate the output impedance with the various tube combos, still trying to see if Elise or Euforia can be my do it all amp.

Question for other users running low impedance HP out of Euforia: My only experience with Elise thus far is with my beloved ZMF Auteur at 300 ohm impedance. Iam very interested in the Clear Mg as a complimentary set but in general it's stated that Elise / Euforia with their high output impedance around 50 ohms are better suited for high impedance headphones. However, Feliks specs state compatibility at 32-600 ohms. T

hus the question, can one get good synergy with Elise / Eforia out to relatively low impedance headphones like Clear, Stellia, Empyrean or does it alter the sound signature and tonality in potentially undesirable ways?

Thoughts from other users appreciated. Thanks!

Oct 27, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #9,846 of 11,460
Thanks guys, the reason I asked is based on @zach915m, ZMF headphones would work better on higher impedance amps, and I found that is very true. My VC sounds somewhat muted and dull on both my SS amp (Burson Soloist 3xp and Hugo TT2, both with output < 1ohms), and I don't feel that when using Euforia with VC, thus curious of the output impedance of Euforia.

Oct 27, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #9,847 of 11,460
Thanks guys, the reason I asked is based on @zach915m, ZMF headphones would work better on higher impedance amps, and I found that is very true. My VC sounds somewhat muted and dull on both my SS amp (Burson Soloist 3xp and Hugo TT2, both with output < 1ohms), and I don't feel that when using Euforia with VC, thus curious of the output impedance of Euforia.

Ahh yup, that makes sense. Same with the Utopia, they really come to life on the euforia.

Oct 27, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #9,848 of 11,460
Some here have the Euforia with the Zmf and have hardly reported anything bad. On the contrary, what I have read is that it is better with the tube amp.
Apparently the Euforia/Zmf pairing is quite good.
Of course, the Zmf is a bit hungry, which is normal at 300 ohm.
So is the Sennheiser Hd 600.
The muffled sound of the SS amplifier may be due to insufficient power or poor tuning.
This can happen with SS amplifiers when you want to save money.

You should never compare the power between SS and tube amplifiers, the differences are too big.
For a tube amp often less is enough than for the Ss and at first sight.
The 250 mw are easily enough to operate the Zmf.
The situation is different with low-ohm headphones.
The Fostex with 25 ohm is still accepted by the Euforia, but I wouldn't go any lower.
With the Aeon R/T 14 ohm as a planar headphone, it only works if you listen quietly. if you turn it up, it starts to distort.
The Euforia was not really made for the low ohm range. The demand was not necessary at that time.
Today it's a bit different with the Iem's,low ohm planar headphones as well as dynamic headphones.
You can always go up with the Euforia, but you tend not to go down.

Oct 27, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #9,849 of 11,460
Hi folks, can anyone please help me understand the output impedance of Euforia? I can't find it in the spec, also haven't seen a definitive answer in the forum...
Also does the impedance change with the tubes? If so, is there a formula to calculate that?
https://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/feliks/1.html.

"Measured with a max 1.8Vrms input where THD falls below 0.5%, Euforia will deliver 0.13 watts into 32Ω and 300Ω, 0.2W into 100Ω and 0.08W into 600Ω. Voltage gain is 20dB and output impedance 20Ω. S/NR is about 97dB. Examples of headphones our customers really like with Euforia are Focal Utopia, ZMF Eikon, Audeze LCD2, Sennheiser HD800/s, BeyerDynamic T1."

Oct 27, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #9,850 of 11,460
The muffled sound of the SS amplifier may be due to insufficient power or poor tuning.
This can happen with SS amplifiers when you want to save money.
I'm actually a little confusing here, because both my SS amps (Burson Soloist and Hugo TT 2) have tons of power, and they are certainly not cheap ones, only thing in common is they both have a very low output impedance, but I still feel muffled compare to Euforia... Seems there are really some magic between ZMFs and Tube amps :)

Oct 27, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #9,851 of 11,460
I'm actually a little confusing here, because both my SS amps (Burson Soloist and Hugo TT 2) have tons of power, and they are certainly not cheap ones, only thing in common is they both have a very low output impedance, but I still feel muffled compare to Euforia... Seems there are really some magic between ZMFs and Tube amps :)
I am no expert but I don't think it's just about power output. The synergy with high output OTL amps also relates to damping factor of the high impedance HP driver.

Oct 27, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #9,852 of 11,460
~ My non-EE take on this: (a) the ‘nominal’ input impedance of the ZMF Auteur is 300 ohms; (b) the ‘nominal’ output impedance for the Burson Soloist is 0.5 ohms, for the Euforia is reported to be 50 ohms (a little low?🤷🏻); (c) the Soloist/Auteur ‘damping factor’ is 600; the Euforia/Auteur ‘damping factor’ is 6.
~ If a ‘damping factor’ comfortably above 1 results in ‘good’ speaker control by an amplifier, perhaps 600 is overkill…which prevents ‘blossoming’ or ‘release’ of a transducer like the ZMF Auteur…
~ Edit: I read that a solid-state h/p/a favoured by Zach at ZMF is the Beyerdynamic A2 which has, as one of its settings, a ‘nominal’ output impedance of 100 ohms.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #9,853 of 11,460
~ My non-EE take on this: (a) the ‘nominal’ input impedance of the ZMF Auteur is 300 ohms; (b) the ‘nominal’ output impedance for the Burson Soloist is 0.5 ohms, for the Euforia is reported to be 50 ohms (a little low?🤷🏻); (c) the Soloist/Auteur ‘damping factor’ is 600; the Euforia/Auteur ‘damping factor’ is 6.
~ If a ‘damping factor’ comfortably above 1 results in ‘good’ speaker control by an amplifier, perhaps 600 is overkill…which prevents ‘blossoming’ or ‘release’ of a transducer like the ZMF Auteur…
~ Edit: I read that a solid-state h/p/a favoured by Zach at ZMF is the Beyerdynamic A2 which has, as one of its settings, a ‘nominal’ output impedance of 100 ohms.
Thank you for the explanation! This is by far the clearest one I've read.
I saw the Singxer SA-1 also has a high-z mode with around 10 ohms output impedance, probably that could do better than the Soloist?

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #9,854 of 11,460
Thank you for the explanation! This is by far the clearest one I've read.
I saw the Singxer SA-1 also has a high-z mode with around 10 ohms output impedance, probably that could do better than the Soloist?
I believe that the SA-1 would be a better ‘load’ match to the Auteur. Input/output impedance match/mismatch is only one element in h/p/a —> h/p pairing and how they sound…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back