Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 27, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #9,452 of 11,448
Jul 27, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #9,453 of 11,448
What are your impressions of this mod?
Can you already say something or does it still need time?
I looked at 114€ for the pair, which is still possible.
Did it matter in which direction they were installed or did it have a plus and minus pole?
"What are your impressions of this mod?" openness: sound stage is much larger, deeper, and clearer. Instruments (Classical music) are larger and have more air.

'Can you already say something or does it still need time?' Yes, The improvement is very dramatic right after cap replacement. Teflon capacitors take long time to reach final state. I had the same TFTF capacitor (0.1uF) installed in OTL amplifier (Atma-Sphere) in 2005. It took about several months (playing couple of hour a day) to reach the state change was not noticeable anymore.

"Did it matter in which direction they were installed or did it have a plus and minus pole?" The V-cap has color ends - red in (inner foil) and green out (outer foil). I followed the installation instruction, did not try the other way.

Jul 29, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #9,454 of 11,448
Totally understand that haha, and I agree that that's probably my favorite thing about them. My preferences normally lean a bit more towards the warmth/wetness/richness/smoothness side of things, but the KT88's have enough going for them to keep me interested.

If I may ask, what are your thoughts on the KT88's with Empyreans?
Hi I have an Euforia amp with the the Empyrean and it has problems with the 7236 tube: it is running out of stock just like the 5998. The Euforia is tuned for easy to drive planars like the Empyrean, HE 1000 SE and also the Utopia it is a match, like the Woo WA2 is tunes for Beyer and Sennheiser. Feliks Audio will build an other amp one of these years because of the tube shortage. Or a tube maker will make its own 5998. I talked to Woo, please use your connections to let someone make this tube or a lot of amps will become worthless. But they replied, buy our 7236/ 5998 tube we have plenty. They are very costly at Woo 7236 are now 240 dollar the pair and the matched pair 5998 at 900 euro is sold out. So now everyone will buy the matched pair 7236 at 240 dollar till they are sold out too. And then with no 7236 tubes left, Lukasz said, Feliks audio will build a KT88 tube amp to replace the Eurforia, and Elise. A PSVANE or LINLAI Elite 5998 would be the solution to our needs. I know a lot of you have KT88 mixes of tubes on the Euforia, outside warranty :wink: but Feliks will build an amp that suits the KT88 perfectly, when no tube builder will produce its own new 5998 tube one of these days. The WA22 is also a 7236 amp. I like the Empyrean with the Euforia, and they say nothing is perfect, but it is good. If I get a well paying job, I'd buy the Utopia too for the detail orgy whereas I doubt to buy the HE1000 SE as it is built poorly like all Hifiman stuff. Kind regards Yoram

Jul 29, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #9,455 of 11,448
Hi I have an Euforia amp with the the Empyrean and it has problems with the 7236 tube: it is running out of stock just like the 5998. The Euforia is tuned for easy to drive planars like the Empyrean, HE 1000 SE and also the Utopia it is a match, like the Woo WA2 is tunes for Beyer and Sennheiser. Feliks Audio will build an other amp one of these years because of the tube shortage. Or a tube maker will make its own 5998. I talked to Woo, please use your connections to let someone make this tube or a lot of amps will become worthless. But they replied, buy our 7236/ 5998 tube we have plenty. They are very costly at Woo 7236 are now 240 dollar the pair and the matched pair 5998 at 900 euro is sold out. So now everyone will buy the matched pair 7236 at 240 dollar till they are sold out too. And then with no 7236 tubes left, Lukasz said, Feliks audio will build a KT88 tube amp to replace the Eurforia, and Elise. A PSVANE or LINLAI Elite 5998 would be the solution to our needs. I know a lot of you have KT88 mixes of tubes on the Euforia, outside warranty :wink: but Feliks will build an amp that suits the KT88 perfectly, when no tube builder will produce its own new 5998 tube one of these days. The WA22 is also a 7236 amp. I like the Empyrean with the Euforia, and they say nothing is perfect, but it is good. If I get a well paying job, I'd buy the Utopia too for the detail orgy whereas I doubt to buy the HE1000 SE as it is built poorly like all Hifiman stuff. Kind regards Yoram
How good are the Centerion 7236 that Woo AUdio offers compared to the 6080 Mullards?
Is there still a push upwards or rather similar ?

How happy are you with your Linlai's have they certainly burnt in by now?

Jul 29, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #9,457 of 11,448
I have used both 7236 and Mullard 6080 in Euforia. They are at oppose ends of sound signature: 7236 is fast and clear, Mullard 6080 is rich and warm.
YES, then the topic with the 7236 is over for me, :).
They would not be my style.
One more reason to go for caps, presumably if you want to take another step forward, I suppose?

Jul 29, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #9,458 of 11,448
I had a somewhat lengthy audition with the Euforia today. Long story, short - it's a fantastic amplifier. It exhibited marvelous control throughout the sonic range; at the same time, it imparted a robust and prominent stamp of authority on the music. This has definitely shot to the very top of my to-buy list.

Before I make the jump, has anyone heard of a possible "Mk 2" variant of the Euforia? I note that the Elise and the Echo have recently been updated; is there something in the works for the Euforia, too? Thanks in advance!

Jul 29, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #9,459 of 11,448
I had a somewhat lengthy audition with the Euforia today. Long story, short - it's a fantastic amplifier. It exhibited marvelous control throughout the sonic range; at the same time, it imparted a robust and prominent stamp of authority on the music. This has definitely shot to the very top of my to-buy list.

Before I make the jump, has anyone heard of a possible "Mk 2" variant of the Euforia? I note that the Elise and the Echo have recently been updated; is there something in the works for the Euforia, too? Thanks in advance!
There is the Euforia Anniversary Edition on top of the regular Euforia.
So unlike other Mk2 it doesn't replace the existing one but it's another amp in the lineup.

So far I didn't hear of any planned "upgrades"

Jul 29, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #9,460 of 11,448
What we know is that a new flagship headphone tube amp is in the works, but we can safely assume that it will come at a higher price than the Euforia AE. Earlier @Yoram Diamand mentioned that they might release a variation of the Euforia to support more readily available tube families as the tube market continues to shift.

You could email Feliks Audio to ask for their advice, but overall I don't think you'd regret it if you were to purchase a 2019 Euforia in the near future.

Either way, nice to hear of your positive experience auditioning the Euforia. My experience has been similar, I was hooked since my first audition as well, and have been very satisfied owning one for a year by now. :)

Jul 29, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #9,461 of 11,448
I just got my Euforia a few days ago and this has been my impression as well, control and authority like I have not heard before.

Also, interestingly, with my VC I suddenly got some of the ethereal quality to the sound that I have only ever heard on the Stax gear I used to own. Ethereal, but with body and the physical sensation of the dynamic driver intact.

Going from the Echo mkI and Espressivo mkII, the VC scaled like mad on the Euforia. It was like levelling up the headphones.

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #9,462 of 11,448
How good are the Centerion 7236 that Woo AUdio offers compared to the 6080 Mullards?
Is there still a push upwards or rather similar ?

How happy are you with your Linlai's have they certainly burnt in by now?
I guess the LINLAI are super nice, I do enjoy the music. Now I understand the 6080 Mullards are a good idea to try. If I can find some. My next hifi plan was the SOtM sMS-200 Neo Special edition, since my computer is unable to play 192 Hz music well. A dedicated streaming transport i did not have yet.

Jul 30, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #9,463 of 11,448
There is the Euforia Anniversary Edition on top of the regular Euforia.
So unlike other Mk2 it doesn't replace the existing one but it's another amp in the lineup.

So far I didn't hear of any planned "upgrades"
Thanks, mate. Sadly, I wasn't able to try the Anniversary Edition (AE) at my local store; they only had the regular variant available for auditioning. However, I'm already suitably impressed with the stock model; I wonder just how much better the AE could get.

Jul 30, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #9,464 of 11,448
What we know is that a new flagship headphone tube amp is in the works, but we can safely assume that it will come at a higher price than the Euforia AE. Earlier @Yoram Diamand mentioned that they might release a variation of the Euforia to support more readily available tube families as the tube market continues to shift.

You could email Feliks Audio to ask for their advice, but overall I don't think you'd regret it if you were to purchase a 2019 Euforia in the near future.

Either way, nice to hear of your positive experience auditioning the Euforia. My experience has been similar, I was hooked since my first audition as well, and have been very satisfied owning one for a year by now. :)
Thanks.

Well, since my revelation yesterday, I've been reading up (a lot) on the brand, and its stable of amplifiers. You're right, it appears that a new flagship might be introduced this year. I'm in no rush to purchase an amplifier, so I think I'd be willing to wait to see how things transpire. One thing's for sure, though - I am (hugely) impressed with the Euforia, and I believe that Feliks Audio has the expertise and the passion to craft an even better product.

Sign me up as a new fan of the brand! :)

I just got my Euforia a few days ago and this has been my impression as well, control and authority like I have not heard before.

Also, interestingly, with my VC I suddenly got some of the ethereal quality to the sound that I have only ever heard on the Stax gear I used to own. Ethereal, but with body and the physical sensation of the dynamic driver intact.

Going from the Echo mkI and Espressivo mkII, the VC scaled like mad on the Euforia. It was like levelling up the headphones.
Yes, I specifically tested the Euforia with the Vérité Closed, as this is one of my primary headphones. I'm currently driving the ZMF from a Schiit Ragnarok.

The Ragnarok has ample power on tap; alas, it doesn't come close to the Euforia in sheer control. Plus, the Euforia imparts a better sense of euphony throughout. The Feliks amplifier adds a touch of tubey goodness, without inundating you with too much of the good stuff. Very well-balanced, indeed!

Jul 30, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #9,465 of 11,448
Thanks, mate. Sadly, I wasn't able to try the Anniversary Edition (AE) at my local store; they only had the regular variant available for auditioning. However, I'm already suitably impressed with the stock model; I wonder just how much better the AE could get.
Don't get too crazy.
I haven't heard the Ae myself, but I think the differences are relatively marginal.
Someone once had both and ended up selling the normal Euforia because he unconsciously preferred the Ae.
But that's also a matter of taste for each individual.
Of course, the Ae is also good, but it's up to each individual to decide whether it justifies the extra price.
With the normal Euforia version you already have something reasonable.
Sometimes you shouldn't go chasing ghosts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back