Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Aug 22, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #3,841 of 11,460
Something simple and emotional at the same time

Aug 23, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #3,842 of 11,460
Another blast from the past, in his prime

Aug 23, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #3,843 of 11,460
The lyrics to this song are right on target.. Canta libre, Canta vida, de mi madre, y mi padre,
Canta mi corazon, Para los ninos, y sus ninos, canta libre.

I got music runnin' in my head,
Makes me feel like a young bird flyin',
'Cross my mind and layin' in my bed,
Keeps me away from the thought of dyin'.
Canta libre, Canta vida, de mi madre y mi padre.

I got music runnin' in my brain,
Ev'ry song with it's own kind of meaning,
Cleanse the soul and wash away the pain,
Baptized by the song that you're singing.
Canta libre, Canta la vida,
siempre conmigo, canta libre.

Canta libre, canta la vida.

Canta mi corazon, Paralos ninos, y sus ninos, canta libre,
de mi madre, y mi padre, canta libre, canta libre.

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #3,844 of 11,460
The lyrics to this song are right on target.. Canta libre, Canta vida, de mi madre, y mi padre,
Canta mi corazon, Para los ninos, y sus ninos, canta libre.

I got music runnin' in my head,
Makes me feel like a young bird flyin',
'Cross my mind and layin' in my bed,
Keeps me away from the thought of dyin'.
Canta libre, Canta vida, de mi madre y mi padre.

I got music runnin' in my brain,
Ev'ry song with it's own kind of meaning,
Cleanse the soul and wash away the pain,
Baptized by the song that you're singing.
Canta libre, Canta la vida,
siempre conmigo, canta libre.

Canta libre, canta la vida.

Canta mi corazon, Paralos ninos, y sus ninos, canta libre,
de mi madre, y mi padre, canta libre, canta libre.

I don't speak Spanish, but this is what google said:

Sing my heart, For the children, and their children, sing freely,
Of my mother, and my father, sing free, sing free.

I can't sing either, but I play music all the time.....And I never had as much enjoyment of the music as I have now thanks to all the advice and opinions and knowledge of all my friends on Head-Fi.

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #3,845 of 11,460
Last night I saw The Hitman's Bodyguard at the largest non-Imax theater in Arizona with a spectacular Dolby sound system. Great movie by the way. It was a good demonstration of what is possible with solid state electronics. But when I got home and cranked up Euforia I was once again reminded why I love my OTL based system.

Aug 25, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #3,846 of 11,460
I’ll never buy another tube until I do. The prices for EL12spez (I already own a pair of Telefunken) have skyrocked on Ebay. The last pair I bought for $150 is now gone. But yesterday I found a pair of NOS Tesla EL12spez made in Czechoslovakia in the 1970s for $68. They were described as specialty audio tubes used in power amplifiers for cinemas and similar applications. How could I have possibly resisted????

I’ll be interested to see how they compare to my Telefunken pair. My EL11/EL12spez combo remains my unmatched, unchallenged Holy Grail for Euforia.

Aug 25, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #3,847 of 11,460
I’ll never buy another tube until I do. The prices for EL12spez (I already own a pair of Telefunken) have skyrocked on Ebay. The last pair I bought for $150 is now gone. But yesterday I found a pair of NOS Tesla EL12spez made in Czechoslovakia in the 1970s for $68. They were described as specialty audio tubes used in power amplifiers for cinemas and similar applications. How could I have possibly resisted????

I’ll be interested to see how they compare to my Telefunken pair. My EL11/EL12spez combo remains my unmatched, unchallenged Holy Grail for Euforia.

:)

Aug 26, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #3,849 of 11,460
Aug 26, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #3,850 of 11,460
Agreed, many more Feliks users there. Elise was previous model, and quite similar

Aug 26, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #3,851 of 11,460
Agreed, many more Feliks users there. Elise was previous model, and quite similar

I probably just got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and am in a cantankerous mood , but need to clarify I didn't recommend that thread because there are many more FA users there.(which I don't agree there are) I recommended it because there are more planar headphone users there. Well, at least I was able to decide which side of the bed to get up from

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #3,852 of 11,460

I'll be interested too, pct...I'm quite sure there won't be much difference compared to the TFKs....(but prove me wrong!! :k701smile:)... and at that sort of price, an absolute STEAL lol...well done!!

For me also, nothing can match this combo...(for about the 100th time!! :wink: :darthsmile:). And as all my new gear has continued to burn in, they just kept on delivering more and more...still can't believe it lol!!
But as usual, different gear/ears/personal preferences can bring quite different results...the latter two really brought home to me at the recent CanJam London event...viz. the rather surprised look on one of the Feliks brother's face when I didn't really like how the Espressivo sounded, compared to my Euforia! Admittedly, the treble was really sweet and extended, but mids and bass were simply nowhere near the same...the 'body' just wasn't there...for me! And a visitor also preferred the Elise over Euforia...to him, the 'lighter' presentation was more his own cup of tea lol. So nothing is set in stone, of course...but aren't we all lucky to have such a choice of well built, reasonably priced amps from F-A?...long may they continue to push the boundaries in this field! :ksc75smile:...

Aug 28, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #3,853 of 11,460
Amen to that!

Aug 28, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #3,854 of 11,460
Set up a desktop speaker system, using Euforia as pre-amp. Get*Set*Go SET amp, 6B4G tubes, 3 watts. Audience Clairgradient 1+1 full range speakers. Outstanding near-field listening. How does Euforia sound as pre-amp? Individual 6SN7 sound signature is more prominent than headphone out. Don't how if pre-amp out goes through 6AS7. Emailed Lukasz, waiting for his reply.

IMG_1098.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #3,855 of 11,460
Set up a desktop speaker system, using Euforia as pre-amp. Get*Set*Go SET amp, 6B4G tubes, 3 watts. Audience Clairgradient 1+1 full range speakers. Outstanding near-field listening. How does Euforia sound as pre-amp? Individual 6SN7 sound signature is more prominent than headphone out. Don't how if pre-amp out goes through 6AS7. Emailed Lukasz, waiting for his reply.

Interested to hear the answer myself. I couldn't believe what my Elise could do with the lowly Tivoli Model Two I have on my desk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back