Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jan 10, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #16 of 11,460
So what is your invoice number ut?

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #17 of 11,460
Hello guys)) Congratulations H1. This thread represents a significant accomplishment for you. Thanks for all the great work.

For the moment I will have to remain an honorary member while I figure out how I'm going to coordinate my own new Euforia with my pending move.

I woke up this morning at the other thread to the music of Telstar and the Tornadoes, courtesy of @connieflyer. Also, CF, I can't beleve you remembered Duane Eddy and Jorgan Engmann))))) There should be some special reward for that. Not quite in the league of H1's new thread, but worthy of mention nonetheless
L3000.gif

Then I was treated to a truly inspiring discussion of rolling DACs vs rolling tubes. I got a cup of coffee and quickly high tailed it over here.

My main goal in life over the past several weeks was to be the first person after H1 to post on this new thread, but like the name of this band, I was:

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #18 of 11,460
I go back further than I like to remember sometimes.  I know what you mean about asleep at the wheel, by time I got the notice, I was down to third, unless you count H1, but it is his thread so he doesn't count!

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #20 of 11,460
  @hypnos1 my wish for Euforia is covered here. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/813488/feliks-audio-elise-impressions-thread-a-new-start-please-read-first-post-for-summary/5250#post_13159990

Your 1st post here has granted me my wish. Now I just need to hear it for myself. Alas I have to wait for early March because I've requested a black and gold version. 
beyersmile.png

Yo UT...looks like it was a case of "Your wish is my Command" lol!!
wink_face.gif
...with a good few extras thrown in!
biggrin.gif
...(yours is a really nice super-condensed summary though...CHEERS!...).

And thanks guys for your kind words of welcome...I'm sure this thread will be as warm, friendly and inviting as the other Elise threads...with the occasional bit of 'serious' stuff thrown in for good measure LOL!...
beerchug.gif

ps. Glad you weren't asleep for TOO long, @pctazhp and @connieflyer...you're gonna have to be on the ball here, y'know!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #21 of 11,460
Any power specs for this new amp?

Hi canthearyou...will give Lukasz a buzz and try to get more details...(have a feeling that techically there might not be much difference to the Elise, but performance-wise it certainly sounds more powerful - the kind of anomaly that seems to confound lucky owners of Yamamoto amps!).

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #23 of 11,460
I want to get something off my chest. Obviously, the following is just my opinion. If anyone currently here thinks my comments are inappropriate I will happily edit this post and delete my comments. Just PM me.

By all accounts the Euphoria is going to be every bit as flexible as Elise and accommodate many different tubes and combos. I’m looking forward to hearing everyone’s experiences as Euforia amps start to hit the field. However, I’m hoping this thread will not be misused by anyone who will be joining us as a means of promoting someone’s self-professed expertise and deep knowledge of tubes. As far as I know, no one on the Elise threads is an Electrical Engineer or has similar credentials. If someone joins us with such real expertise it would be nice to know about it and learn from their knowledge. But most of us are just hobbyists.

I think that for many, including me, investment in an Euforia will involve serious money. We can all gain by sharing our experiences. But I hope we will respect each other as we share those experiences.

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #24 of 11,460
I would agree with you on that statement. It doesn't help to have reviews over and over and over again claiming that it's the best most fantastic sounding combination in the entire universe and then the very next day turn around and say the same thing with another tube combo. People that do not have experience with a tube amp reads that and says there's no way I can keep up buying stupendously expensive tubes every single day so that I would have the best sounding amp I could. It's stupid. And if I am out of line please ask me to leave you won't need to show me the door I think I can find it myself well I do have a flashlight

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #25 of 11,460
I would agree with you on that statement. It doesn't help to have reviews over and over and over again claiming that it's the best most fantastic sounding combination in the entire universe and then the very next day turn around and say the same thing with another tube combo. People that do not have experience with a tube amp reads that and says there's no way I can keep up buying stupendously expensive tubes every single day so that I would have the best sounding amp I could. It's stupid. And if I am out of line please ask me to leave you won't need to show me the door I think I can find it myself well I do have a flashlight

Not going to happen. "You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave!"

Edit: My apologies. I should have attributed the quote. It's from the famous Eagles song "Hotel Arizona"

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #26 of 11,460
Yo @pctazhp and @connieflyer...my hope is indeed that here we shall have measured, balanced, realistic statements on one's findings...notwithstanding a certain(!) amount of genuine joy and surprise at what this amp may well generate lol!
wink_face.gif

I think I can safely say that Euforia will most certainly not disappoint...
biggrin.gif

And now I need to try and catch up on a bit of sleep....'bye for now...

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #27 of 11,460
Hi guys! Just for the sake of it, would be interested to know which other amps would you compare to the Euforia given the price point/sonic signature? Obviously this goes to @hypnos1 who's arguably the only one with actual ears on experience here; but I'd also welcome estimates from the other esteemed members of the Elise/Euforia appreciation club.

On a different note, @hypnos1 I'm sure you are aware of the connotation that your handle has in the Greek language, right? Have a good night's rest then, our guru...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back