1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
Next

Last
  1. Oskari
    That does not mean USB 3.0!

It is a 24/192 DAC . USB 2.0 is mighty fine for it.

2. connieflyer
    But you don't have any Gold Aero tubes we can never be the same! Don't know of any local businesses that carry those products. Would probably have to order from Factory no discount there. Last time I asked for Senior Citizens Discount they added 20% to the bill just because they could and did not think I would notice being old

3. pctazhp
    Cool. Just in time for me to cancel my overseas trip ))))

4. Oskari
    The site seems to have switched from sans-serif-style fonts to serif-style fonts. Depending on your device/system and the actual font shown, you're probably seeing 'lowercase' digits. I get them on OS X but not on Android.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  5. UntilThen
    Oh yeah just realised it's not USB3 but USB2 Gen 3 :grinning:

I knew why we hire you. Not just for tube knowledge but also Ultra Sonic Boom.

6. UntilThen
    I use this to track how long my setup has been burning in. Starts from 20th May 2017 3pm.

http://www.howlongagogo.com/date/2017/may/20

It's been about 18 hours since I power on my Yggy and started listening using HD800 and my Euforia. Mainly using JRiver Media Center 22 or Tidal HiFi subscription on my Windows 10 one year old PC. Haven't tried it with the iMac 27" and Audirvana Plus 3 yet.

It's more flesh out now and sounding very natural. Very smooth and very clear. It's certainly better than yesterday. I don't feel any fatigue with HD800. This setup balanced out very well. HD800 was made for Euforia or Elise. I have no doubt Yggy played a big part here. Songs takes on a new tone. It's like a new break of day. I love Randy Crawford's sweet voice and here with Joe Sample's brilliant piano playing, it's a real treat.

7. Snowpuppy77
    Would so much love to hear that system you have. I bet it is about as good as it gets. I only have the Bimby but I am sold on Schiit's multibit DACs and would love to have a Yggy some day.

8. UntilThen
    Hello and welcome here. :)

Thanks. The setup is sounding very good but I like everyone else did start somewhere in head-fi. I started with Aune T1 and DT880 :)

I have gone through a few tube amps and a few headphones but I have not paid much attention to the DAC. My better half gave me a NAD d1050 when I bought Elise and I've use it for 1.5 years.

Yggy looks good and sounds good. I must confess I wasn't too interested in Schiit because I heard my son's Magni and Modi Uber and that didn't appeal to me. However when I heard the Yggy and Ragnorak at the shop yesterday, I knew I have to get it. So I bought half of that combo and the better half I would say. :)

9. pctazhp
    On their way to me:

SYLVANIA.jpg

10. UntilThen
    ^ Very nice tubes. I saw that on ebay and they are in mint NOS condition. Congrats. You will like it. It will blend well with your HD800S. Can go with any of the good power tubes.

Basically your system is as good as it gets. Can just put up your feet and enjoy the music now. These multibits are special.

11. pctazhp
    How did you know I listen with my feet on the desk? Has my wife been complaining to you?? :smile_phones:

12. UntilThen
    I'm watching Designated Survivor on Netflix with my headphone system and it's real. Yggerdy Dagerdy Do is making it real. :ksc75smile:

White House has just been blown apart and a Secretary of State is now the President.

How do I know you have your feet up? CF told me. He has a drone over your house.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  13. UntilThen
    Yggy has now past the 24 hours mark. Incrementally it's sounding better and better. I'm listening to Leonard Cohen as I read this review from
    https://www.stereophile.com/content/schiit-audio-yggdrasil-da-processor

The author, Herb Reichert says that he would have been happy with a Yggy, Ragnorak and a pair of KEF LS50.

Head-Fi wise, I can think of no better way to listen to music than a Yggy, Euforia and HD800. .... HD650 too.

Ps... I need to plug in T1 and have a listen now. It's somehow become the forgotten child. :smile_phones:

Edit:-
    mmmm T1 still sounds amazing with Yggy and Euforia. It's knee huggingly good. Bass is more forceful than HD800.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  14. HPLobster
    Don't forget that you're not supposed to power down the MB-DACs AT ALL to get the best out of them. There are reports that the peak performance is reached after approx. one week of thermal equilibrium...

15. UntilThen
    Don't worry, I have a standby backup generator here in the event of a power failure. Push come to shove, I'll use bicycle power.

Fact is I have never power off my previous dac the NAD d1050 so the Yggy will be left on.... to provide some winter heat but this thing is hardly warm after one day.

First

Back
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
Next

Last