1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154
156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
Next

Last
  1. pctazhp
    Thanks Mordy. Latest tracking is it has left New York and headed to destination - namely me))) Hard to imagine my Elise going silent for longer than over night !!!!

2. pctazhp
    Yesterday I mentioned I had inserted my AudioQuest Jitterbug back into my system. I'm usually extremely skeptical about things like this that smack of fairy dust, especially from a company like AudioQuest that charges such ridiculous prices for its top cables. Although the Jitterbug is only $50.

I was immediately impressed with the improvement, but wanted to wait a while before commenting on it more fully. Well, after a day I have to say I'm extremely impressed with the degree of improvement in SQ. The Jitterbug eliminates an impressive amount of grunge, garbage and noise - noise I wasn't even aware of.. Everything sounds so much cleaner and focused. Initially, I initially thought maybe it detracted slightly from musicality, but I've changed my mind on that. I hear no negative effects from Jitterbug.

I feel like I have a new DAC. A Bimby-Questy :smile_phones:

3. connieflyer
    I had the Dragonfly verson 2 for a few weeks and it made not difference on my pc at all. So ymmv on these devices. Have not finished checking Essence audio card yet, almost, then will send. I have not forgotten, just slow, busy, disinterested, you can pick the one that suits you best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. connieflyer
    Have had the PSvane stock tubes in for the last two weeks. The sound very good, ran them with the EL12N and liked them much. Last night I went back to the El11 and EL12N combo, and realized why I prefer this combo better. Just has more of everything. Seems to be a fuller, richer soud.

5. pctazhp
    I think the Dragonfly is a horse of different color and I don't plan to add it to my stable.

No hurry on the Essence. I'm not going anywhere, although my PC keeps threatening to shut down if has to work so hard to keep up with HeadFi changes.

For those breathlessly keeping up with my Euforia delivery it arrived at a Phoenix post office and already departed there. I hope that Phoenix and Scottsdale post offices are talking to each other these days.

6. UntilThen
    Pct, we are waiting with abated breath on the arrival of your euphoria steam engine. Without analysing too much, Euforia has a very nice tube amp tone. Warm and lush with great clarity. I'm still running with Tung Sol 6sn7gtb 1960s and Bendix 6080wb.

HD800 is selling for AUD$1284 at https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/sennheiser-hd800-audiophile-headphones. That's US$942. Incredible price for a new HD800. Time to get this iconic headphone. Yup iconic indeed, It's like the Sydney Harbour Bridge or the Empire State building.

7. pctazhp
    EUFORIA HAS LANDED. EUFORIA HAS LANDED. Four days from F-A factory to me :gs1000smile:

UT: From everything I know, HD800 and T1 will be unbeatable combination. You will be HeadFi Icon. Your exalted position will carry with it great responsibility :ksc75smile:

8. Oskari
    That is incredibly fast!

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  9. pctazhp
    EUFORIA.jpg

Tunkejazz likes this.
  10. Tunkejazz
    What a beautiful glow!!! I am salivating :wink:

11. pctazhp
    It was by EMS to New York, and then handed off to US Postal Service. I was able to track it all the way.

12. Oskari
    EMS is the premium service offered by participating traditional post offices. Four (4) days is still quite unbelievable. Sometimes one is lucky! :wink:

13. UntilThen
    Pct post your pic upright. It seems to have landed sideways. Anyway enjoy and come back with impressions.

14. hypnos1
    :astonished:
    AWESOME, pct...and congrats. But 4 days?...you gotta be kidding lol!! Can't wait for your initial impressions...CHEERS!...

15. pctazhp
    It really was 4 days. I couldn't believe it myself. And it arrived around 10 AM this morning.

Initial impression: Time and history can now stop. It's that good))) More to follow.

First

Back
145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154
156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
Next

Last