Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Sep 13, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #13,636 of 13,846
Have anyone had any problem with popping/cracking in the right channel or left channel without anything connected to the amp just headphones? I've got this problem with Elise, right channel has random popping/cracking noise if I switch valves it has the same problem in the right channel

No dac, no preamp, nothing connected at all :frowning2:
I had a similar problem to this with a tube buffer in my system a little while back, which I eventually discovered was interference from a wi-fi booster (one of those TP Link boosters that uses the electrical mains cables to transmit the wi-fi signal).

Could be that or other interference.

But being in only one channel, I fear it could be a fault with Elise.

Is it not still under warranty?

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #13,637 of 13,846
I had a similar problem to this with a tube buffer in my system a little while back, which I eventually discovered was interference from a wi-fi booster (one of those TP Link boosters that uses the electrical mains cables to transmit the wi-fi signal).

Could be that or other interference.

But being in only one channel, I fear it could be a fault with Elise.

Is it not still under warranty?
Hi!

I actually only had connected the Elise to the pure sinewave UPS for testing and noise still was there.... I did search for a possible answer and found out about the power valves, saw a blue glowing inside the right power valve.... Moved to the left side and it went away, I read that the blue glow is normal but.... The noise is gone so far but we'll see

Amp is from 2019, 1 year left of warranty, I already contacted Lukasz from Feliks, let's see if it's the power valve and I don't have to send the amp.... I haven't enjoyed music this much with an amp before and I had many of them, really surprised with this company.

Thanks Karl

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #13,638 of 13,846
I like the looks of the 6V6G tubes,have not tried those or any of the 6v6-VT107s as of yet. I thought my tube rolling was over, but I am getting curious about these. Have been using the Sylvania VT231's from the '40s with a pair of KT88's and finding this a good combo also. May have to look into the 6V6's and see if I have any adapters that will work with them. Thanks for sharing

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #13,639 of 13,846
I like the looks of the 6V6G tubes,have not tried those or any of the 6v6-VT107s as of yet. I thought my tube rolling was over, but I am getting curious about these. Have been using the Sylvania VT231's from the '40s with a pair of KT88's and finding this a good combo also. May have to look into the 6V6's and see if I have any adapters that will work with them. Thanks for sharing
6V6 / 6L6 / KT88 adapters I have are interchangeable. :smile_phones:

Sep 13, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #13,640 of 13,846
Great, I have four of those for the kt88.

Sep 13, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #13,641 of 13,846
6V6 / 6L6 / KT88 adapters I have are interchangeable. :smile_phones:
Thats what i like about deyan's adapters, they are compatible with so many different tubes for the Elise.

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #13,642 of 13,846
Would the 6V6G tube be considered "warm"?

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #13,643 of 13,846
In general I find VT-107A and VT-231 drivers from the same manufacturer to have similar sonic character. At various times I have thought the VT-231 have a slight edge but when the VT-107A is in it doesn't seem to far off if at all.

I hope that info will keep me from buying new tubes since my 6sn7 collection is quite complete already. Peace of mind 💡

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #13,644 of 13,846
I hope that info will keep me from buying new tubes since my 6sn7 collection is quite complete already. Peace of mind 💡
Psst…..excuse me, sir. I don’t know a genteel way to break the news: the urge to buy tubes, NOS or current production, can strike and consume you at any time…..the best that you can do is to retain piece of mind…🤪

Sep 14, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #13,645 of 13,846
I spend too much money on NOS tubes 😅
6sn7 and 6as7g are especially pricey I guess. Didn't stray from the tube advise of the manufacturer yet.

Just added some holy grails to my collection. First listen was a little bit disappointing but I'm excited to give it a listen again today 🎧
PXL_20210913_134745235.MP.jpg
I think you guys know these tubes 💡 and always wondered how they will sound. I couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #13,646 of 13,846
Would the 6V6G tube be considered "warm"?
I don't think one can generalize, it depends on tube manufacturer, Just as different 6AS7G's can sound different, so it is with 6V6.

Sep 14, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #13,647 of 13,846
During my Elise years I tried 3-4 types of 6V6G. The warmer type and the ones I considered the best were these manufactured as far as I know by GEC:

1631598087065.png

As @LoryWiv said these 6V6 sound quite different so on the other extreme, towards a more neutral and airy sound were these Sylvania 6V6GT/G:

1631597929943.png

Somewhere in the middle were these:

1631597960140.png

I used them only in the driver position with KT66 or KT88 (and of course with the needed adapters for all).

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #13,648 of 13,846
Well, got the bug again,(thanks Lorywiv!) picked up a pair of Zenith (Sylvania) 6v6gt and a pair of Zenith (Sylvania) 6v6g. Found plenty of adapters, from my KT66 88 and 7581's so don't need these at least. Thanks Lorywiv for the info on these.

Sep 14, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #13,649 of 13,846
it's been a little quiet in here, so thought I'd share my latest revelation regarding this versatile amp: Ken-Rad VT-107A driving GEC 6V6G powers (with adapters of course) into Clear MG --> best base I've ever heard from Elise. Nice overall tonality as well, and drawing 1.8A heater current total all stays cool!
So I see you took the plunge on the Clear mg in the end @LoryWiv

I took some HD800s' on home demo a couple of weeks a go and they went back to the shop pretty quick. Very impressive headphones, but not my cup of tea. I did however note the plentiful headroom with Elise compared with my LCD2s, presumably on account of the high impedance rating (300 Ohm) suiting the OTL design, so Auteurs are next on the list for a demo.

Any thoughts on the Clear mg compared to your Auteurs?

Sep 14, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #13,650 of 13,846
So I see you took the plunge on the Clear mg in the end @LoryWiv

I took some HD800s' on home demo a couple of weeks a go and they went back to the shop pretty quick. Very impressive headphones, but not my cup of tea. I did however note the plentiful headroom with Elise compared with my LCD2s, presumably on account of the high impedance rating (300 Ohm) suiting the OTL design, so Auteurs are next on the list for a demo.

Any thoughts on the Clear mg compared to your Auteurs?
Despite, the Clear MG's 55 ohm impedance they don't seem constrained on Elise. In fact, they are a nice compliment to Auteur. Where they may be "better" ((used here as a subjective term from my listening experience) is imaging, microdetail retrieval, a bit more bass presence and bass quality, However, the soundstage is a bit narrower (although still quite pleasing and natural sounding with good depth and height). The Clear MG is also more of a true open can, meaning I can hear more ambient noise wearing them and it's really only suitable for a quiet listening environment. The win goes to Auteur for overall tonal presentation and euphony. Surprisingly though, while I continue to regard Auteur as a wonderful headphone, I've left it cozy on it's stand for the last week or so as Clear MG brings its own form of musical magic as well.

Here is a photo of the pair of them peacefully coexisting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back