Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
May 5, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #13,546 of 13,846
My signature usually mentions what I am currently listening, not all the equipment I have. I still have the Elise but I plan to sell it since I do not have time for it. But I have also a Beyerdynamic A2 which I never use, so the signature does not contain it...

Now to answer to your question:

Eternity is not better than Elise, but different. And I am not sure if the difference is caused by the manufacturer or the specific signature of a SET amplifier compared to an OTL. I have a feeling that it is a combination of both. As you most probably know, UltraSonic amplifiers have a modern approach on electronic tube design using SS components alongside tubes. Being an unconventional design it provides a different signature than other classic amplifiers. Elise is a very versatile and easy to use amplifier, where you can plug a very wide variety of tubes and obtain immediate changes. More than this it is very responsive to interconnect cables and the rest of the line. But Elise was always for me a little bit harsh on some specific albums and too tubey sounding. This is why I always tried to tame it using combinations with great detail, closer maybe to solid state. Eternity is in the opposite direction, it sounds somehow between a tube amplifier and a solid state one, combining the detail and dynamics of SS with the lack of harshness of a tube amplifier. On Eternity I always try to add distortion, on Elise I was always trying to lower it. The reason I have decided to go for Eternity, and this amplifier was born, because it is the first small headphone only amplifier made by UltraSonic, was that for almost 2 years I was listening only to KT66 and tubes from the family of 6V6. These tubes were the ones providing me more clarity and reducing the harshness on Elise, alongside some silver interconnects which have the same effect. So I wanted an amplifier built for them, to renounce on the adapters and to use the tubes properly. On Eternity the same combination is not possbile, 6V6 can be used only in output, but on input I have 6J5 which are sounding very clean and towards the sound of the 6V6 as drivers in Elise. But the problem on Eternity is that sometimes I miss a little bit of that harshness, everything sounds bold and clean, but sometimes dull and lifeless. And Eternity is much harder to use than Elise, because you need to manually adjust bias and take brakes between rolling and so on. Not bad compared to other amplifiers in the same category, but harder than F.A. And Eternity needs electrically matched pairs of tubes, especially in the input stage, where Elise, using both triodes of a 6SN7 in parallel, does not really care about internally matching. In short:
- Elise is more versatile, easier to use, warm and forgiving, more intimate
- Eternity is more complex, clean and clear sounding to a point you miss distortion, wide sounstage
- I think Eternity works best with T1.2 because it is warmer, romantic and adds some distortion
- I think Elise works better with more neutral headphones (HD800, Auteur, Verite)
Of course, you can combine them differently and roll tubes, but I try to answer in a simple way. And I do not fully understand it yet either.

Well, I hope you got an idea.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #13,547 of 13,846
Well, I hope you got an idea.
Yes, I do. You communicated it very well and I hope you visit us here in Elise forum to update us on your journey!

May 5, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #13,549 of 13,846
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting an Elise but I need a 230V one. Does anyone know if they ship to Singapore? And should I order it through their http://feliksaudio.pl/en/products.php website? It says 2019 model. Is this the latest model?
I ordered one 2 mths ago which is arriving today, I live in HK. send an email to them, Lukasz is very responsive. But essentially 230v and 2021 model is what I have ordered. idk if singapore has GST, but HK doesnt so he gave me a Ex VAT/GST price as well

May 5, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #13,550 of 13,846
I ordered one 2 mths ago which is arriving today, I live in HK. send an email to them, Lukasz is very responsive. But essentially 230v and 2021 model is what I have ordered. idk if singapore has GST, but HK doesnt so he gave me a Ex VAT/GST price as well
Did you order from their website directly? I sent them an email to them, is this the correct email?: info@feliksaudio.pl

May 5, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #13,551 of 13,846
May 8, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #13,553 of 13,846
I'm really enjoying 6V6 drivers in Elise (w/Deyan's adapters). These are 1945 Ken-Rad VT-107A:

Ken-Rad VT-107A (6V6GT-G) & GEC KT88 in Elise (5-8-21).jpg

May 11, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #13,554 of 13,846
On we roll! Now GEC 6V6G driving my newly acquired Mullard EL37's, sublime! I principally listen to classical music but this tube set is so visceral it called out for some classic soul jazz: Kenny Burrell with Stanley Turrentine on "Midnight Blue". Oh yea, try not to tap your feet. I dare you, man!

GEC 6V6G ( & Mullard EL37 in Elise (5-11-21).jpgFront.jpg

May 29, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #13,558 of 13,846

what serial number do you have, on the underside are they indicated on a separate placard? would have to be 3xx

Jun 3, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #13,560 of 13,846
Hi, has anyone been successful using the Elise Mark 1 output to a power amp. If so could you recommend a power amp. Cheers
I have just taken delivery of a new 2021 Elise and will be using it as a preamp as well as a headphone amp. Of course a lot depends on the speakers you are hoping to drive and the style of music you prefer, but I have found that a good combination for a tube preamp in general is to use a Class D power amp. I find the combination of the power, transparency and accuracy of Class D driving the speakers, coupled with the euphonics and musicality of tubes to be a winning combination.

I have my Elise hooked-up to an XTZ Edge A2-300 power amp which is a decent budget Class D amp using a B&O Ice Power module and is doing a fine job.

Using the Elise as a preamp is by no means an afterthought compared with its excellent headphone capabilities as it makes a fabulous pre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back