Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Apr 30, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #13,531 of 13,846
..that is, however, a torture, you ordered directly?

I ordered mine on Sunday, it was delivered today ..
+ 2 x Psvane CV181-T-MII / 2 / 6SN7GT Will be unpacked in peace tomorrow afternoon :relaxed:

I am incredibly happy about this tube amp, long search ... an old dream comes true :dt880smile:
Yes I ordered directly and I agreed to wait for the revised version of it. I just got and email saying they have already started shipping the new ones and I may get it in about two weeks time. Next week the announcement will be up.

"It’s going to get some features from Euforia (like the trafo or current sources generator) but will keep its distinct, more warmer signature. "

Apr 30, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #13,532 of 13,846

Attachments

• 07532D86-37C5-4772-821B-FD2249E5009C.jpeg
    07532D86-37C5-4772-821B-FD2249E5009C.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 0
May 1, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #13,534 of 13,846
I am thinking of upgrading from the Echo and Espressivo amps to the Elise. Has anyone done this already? I am trying to figure out what I would gain sonically.

Right now I have the Auteur and VC on the Echo and the VO on the Espressivo. I find that the VO synergizes better with the brighter Espressivo.

If I could replace both amps with the Elise, while maintaining a good synergy over all three headphones, then that could both simplify and improve my setup. The RME ADI-2 would be my dac.

Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #13,535 of 13,846
The price for the new model is the same as the one from the website?
I bought it from a dealer in Germany (there is no Austria).
Very serious well-known man, is a brand new model March / April 2021 Was 100.- more expensive than on the HP from Feliks. That was ok for me, because I have a dealer who has helped me further and in the event of problems / warranty, a safe, quick contact :wink:

May 1, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #13,536 of 13,846
Elise unpacked, set up and rolled the tubes ...
I've been playing him for 20 hours now, and what can I say .... 30 years of hi-fi and always looking for the final sound, it was always in my head :thinking:

The Elise with the Focal Clear MG, blue Dragon cable, Audioplan power cable.
I didn't expect it that way, not in the least .... how much money I've thrown out for disappointments !!

Amps around 4..5,000.- that didn't meet my expectations.

This simple tube amp enchanted me from the first second, such an airy, fine stage, so real and sweet, yet the details fly around in the room. The Elise plays with the Clear in a playful way and can still use the double bass with a bass to the point in a force ... that makes you want to cry for joy :relieved:

I'm already excited for the test with the Audeze LCD X and Hifiman Ananda

8F1E94BE-845D-4B47-A8BC-D94360D47CC2.jpeg

May 1, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #13,537 of 13,846
I am thinking of upgrading from the Echo and Espressivo amps to the Elise. Has anyone done this already? I am trying to figure out what I would gain sonically.

Right now I have the Auteur and VC on the Echo and the VO on the Espressivo. I find that the VO synergizes better with the brighter Espressivo.

If I could replace both amps with the Elise, while maintaining a good synergy over all three headphones, then that could both simplify and improve my setup. The RME ADI-2 would be my dac.

Any input is appreciated.
I can only assure you that Elise --> Aueur is a wonderful combination.

May 2, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #13,539 of 13,846
Another beauty of Elise is how incredibly responsive it is to tube rolling,. Very few combos sound bad but one can definitely vary the flavor. Elise --> Auteur is a great platform for exploring sound changes with different tube types. Currently using some affordable Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB's driving some not so affordable GEC KT88's w/adapters:

Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB & GEC KT88 In Elise (5-1-21).jpg

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #13,540 of 13,846
Another beauty of Elise is how incredibly responsive it is to tube rolling,. Very few combos sound bad but one can definitely vary the flavor. Elise --> Auteur is a great platform for exploring sound changes with different tube types. Currently using some affordable Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB's driving some not so affordable GEC KT88's w/adapters:

Just to add to your fantastic post about the beloved Elise, this amp is excellent with so many headphones. Of all the headphones i own, or have owned in the past, only a select few headphones (low impedance) dont pair well. Even my Hekse sounds glorious with my Elise. It is a very versatile amp with tons of tube rolling options.

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #13,541 of 13,846
Elise unpacked, set up and rolled the tubes ...
I've been playing him for 20 hours now, and what can I say .... 30 years of hi-fi and always looking for the final sound, it was always in my head :thinking:

The Elise with the Focal Clear MG, blue Dragon cable, Audioplan power cable.
I didn't expect it that way, not in the least .... how much money I've thrown out for disappointments !!

Amps around 4..5,000.- that didn't meet my expectations.

This simple tube amp enchanted me from the first second, such an airy, fine stage, so real and sweet, yet the details fly around in the room. The Elise plays with the Clear in a playful way and can still use the double bass with a bass to the point in a force ... that makes you want to cry for joy :relieved:

I'm already excited for the test with the Audeze LCD X and Hifiman Ananda

8F1E94BE-845D-4B47-A8BC-D94360D47CC2.jpeg
May I ask if those are stock tubes? cos they look different to the website ones. I will be recieving mine on Thursday, cant wait.

May 4, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #13,543 of 13,846
Hi all, kind of quiet in here. I have a question about Elise's auto-bias circuitry and how that affects compatibility with non-standard tubes. Specifically, I am interested in trying Mullard EL37 which Deyan has assured me his 6L6 to 6AS7 adapters accommodate. However, reading here it states that these tubes can substitute for 6L6"as long "as your amp does not put more than 360 volts on the plate and 270 volts at 2.5 watts on the screen." I am not certain how to get this information for Elise, not if it is even applicable with auto-bias and the EL37 tubes running triode-strapped with adapters. Lastly, while I plan to use the EL37 in power (output) slots, would it be safe to try them as drivers since my understanding is that auto-bias circuitry is applied to power slots, unsure if to driver slots as well.

Perhaps I am worrying too much but would love to learn regarding these questions both the principles and data to be mindful of, as well as know if others have run EL37 successfully in power / driver slots with Elise. Thanks!

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #13,544 of 13,846
I think you worry too much. As far as I know Elise/Euforia have less than 200V plate voltage (or maybe equal). And also as far as I know bias works for both powers and drivers. I've tried countless combinations without problems.

May 5, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #13,545 of 13,846
Thanks @OctavianH. Should I worry that I worry too much? Kidding, that is reassuring and i think I'll pull the trigger on EL37's for my next adventure. BTW congrats on your new Eternity amp. I see Elise has no place in your signature....is Eternity that much better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back