Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Sep 13, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #13,426 of 13,846
Hi everyone, I'm a new owner of the Elise (about 1+month), and use it with a RME-ADI-2 DAC, ZMF Verite, Auteur, HD800s and Sony MDR-Z1R.

No complaints about the sound with stock tubes but since I can't upgrade anymore equipment wise, wondering anyone's suggestions on different tubes that are available in the U.S.
Thanks!

Sep 20, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #13,427 of 13,846
Elise is a fine Sunday companion....and the wife, of course. At my age, that's the only kind of three-way that interests me. Or a four-way if you count the keyboard performer. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sweat_smile:

PC Audio Rig  (9-20-20, Cropped).jpg

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #13,429 of 13,846
I definitely feel they are a step forward in detail retrieval, clarity, both bass and treble extension whilst still preserving liquid mids and balance across frequencies. And of course they do provide that OTL magic. The 6L6, 6V6 and KT family powers run cooler than stock as well, as another plus. The only downside is they can sound a bit anemic with certain music, perhaps reflecting that they are triode strapped pentodes thus not running at their full capability, so YMMV.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #13,430 of 13,846
I definitely feel they are a step forward in detail retrieval, clarity, both bass and treble extension whilst still preserving liquid mids and balance across frequencies. And of course providing that OTL magic. The V6L6, 6V6 and KT family powers run cooler than stock as well, as another plus. The only downside is they can sound a bit anemic with certain music, perhaps reflecting that they are triode strapped pentodes thus not running at their full capability, so YMMV.
Where did you get them?

Sep 20, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #13,431 of 13,846
Both from ebay, various sellers.

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #13,433 of 13,846
Folks, can someone please point me to the correct tube adapter needed to run Goldlion kt88's on the elise? Is this the correct adapter https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Gold-6...155772?hash=item2cf82b69fc:g:20wAAOSwZ15dlpRl

And if so, is there anyone in the US that sells these, i would rather not have to wait so long for adapters. Thanks!
Sent you a PM before I saw this post, but yes this adapter should work. Alternative is @Deyan, also not in US but a fellow head-fier.

Oct 29, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #13,434 of 13,846
Hi all.

New Head-fi-er here and thoroughly enjoying the website and thoroughly helpful people on here.

Having spent the majority of my hifi life investing in full stereo/speaker set-ups, I am now getting into headphones in a more serious way. I am also very new to tubes (i.e. valves - yes, i'm from the UK :)).

In my search for a new headphone amp (with preamp functionality) I have come across the Feliks Elise and have just today ordered a home demo unit from the very helpful Audiobarn (Felik's only UK supplier). I only have a week, so will need to do some serious listening.

I have two sets of cans, Focal Elegias and some Audeze LCD2s, the latter of which has caused me to doubt the Elise over, after reading about the power requirements for planars and potential incompatibility with OTL headamp designs. But with so many conflicting views out there, I thought the only way to tell was just to have a listen myself.

I am also in discussions with the guy over at Eufonika about a custom-made OPT design, so hoping I don't fall in love with the Elise too much as I may end up with more amps than I can afford!

The Eufonika unit may be a better match for the planars, but that Elise ain't half prettier!

Very much looking forward to having a play over the coming days anyway...

Oct 29, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #13,437 of 13,846
With all due respect, there are many reasons for selling something. One common reason is if an item does not get much, if any, use - somebody may prefer speakers to headphones, or simply does not have much time to listen, or is concentrating on a different hobby, needs cash, etc, etc.
And of course, the person may have upgraded to something else. It may not necessarily be a negative comment that somebody is selling an item.

Oct 29, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #13,438 of 13,846
With all due respect, there are many reasons for selling something. One common reason is if an item does not get much, if any, use - somebody may prefer speakers to headphones, or simply does not have much time to listen, or is concentrating on a different hobby, needs cash, etc, etc.
And of course, the person may have upgraded to something else. It may not necessarily be a negative comment that somebody is selling an item.
Your right mordy i sold several amps doesnt mean i didnt like them , it just that my level of enthusiasm was starting to scare my wife lol. Just kidding she backs me 100% i think?

Oct 29, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #13,439 of 13,846
Yes, aware of all that.

I have been buying and selling hifi for years myself. Many times starting my for sale description with 'reluctant sale of...' which is often the case.

It was the situation of just having posted about my excitement about getting hold of an Elise and the next post was someone getting rid of one.

The humour of the situation perhaps didn't come across well in writing. Noted.

Oct 29, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #13,440 of 13,846
Yes, aware of all that.

I have been buying and selling hifi for years myself. Many times starting my for sale description with 'reluctant sale of...' which is often the case.

It was the situation of just having posted about my excitement about getting hold of an Elise and the next post was someone getting rid of one.

The humour of the situation perhaps didn't come across well in writing. Noted.
Maybe this is funny?
My wife asked me: Why do you have so many of those glass thingamajigs?
I told her that I am looking for sonic perfection. I think that I am up to around 500 tubes by now.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back