1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Oct 1, 2015.
First

Back
878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887
889 890 891 892 893 894 895
Next

Last
  1. jelt2359 Contributor
    EL3N users, my Glenn EL3N amp sometimes seems to have contact lose and no sound when I insert it. Any tips what I can do to get a perfect fit every time?

PS it always seems to be the same side (left), so I wonder if it's a socket issue? Anyway to 'reset' the socket?

2. HOWIE13

EL3N socket contact can become quite loose but I don't know your particular amp.

Haven't you contacted the manufacturer for advice?

3. jelt2359 Contributor
    I have, but he's built only one of these so far. I figure you guys may have more experiences with these tubes and these sockets :D

4. UntilThen

Jelt, this is the easy way to renew it. Use a small flat screw driver and insert into the bottom slot of the contact as shown in the picture. Press downwards gently on the top handle of the screw driver, creating a fulcrum motion and the middle part of the contact will be pushed outwards.

Do this for all the 8 contacts.

DSC_00036.jpg

jelt2359 and connieflyer like this.
  5. jelt2359 Contributor

Thanks! And for the tube itself? Do I pull out the paddles?

6. UntilThen
    Don't touch the paddles on the tubes. :)

jelt2359 likes this.
  7. pctazhp
    Speaking of paddles, do you know what one boat said to the other one?

It's time for some row-mance.

8. connieflyer
    The girls can't come home soon enough you are slipping away fast

9. pctazhp

Your wish is my command.

connieflyer likes this.
  10. whirlwind

Don't scare me Jason, I just sent payment for my Lundahl transformers for this amp !  [​IMG]

11. UntilThen

If it's the contacts that has been pushed in, it's quite easily remedied by doing what I described above. Glenn's EL3N amp is another amp I would to listen to. As well as his OTL amp and Zana Deux and DNA Stratus.

Too many tube amps to try. Can't possibly buy them all. [​IMG] 

12. whirlwind
    Thanks, yeah it looks like a fairly easy fix.....they are 10,000 hour tubes, so once they are in they can stay for a long time, and can concentrate on rolling rectifiers, lol

Your La Figaro 339 looks nice  [​IMG]

I hear you...way to many tube amps....so little money and time!

13. UntilThen
    When you get the EL3N amp, alert me. I want to see your photos and hear your impressions. [​IMG]

14. 2359glenn

The Chinese side pin sockets are not the best. Maybe I should buy some European Used side pin sockets and pick out the good ones.

15. jelt2359 Contributor
    My experience with these is that you set them once, and you'll never have to touch them again.

Good thing there's no rolling of EL3N!

First

Back
878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887
889 890 891 892 893 894 895
Next

Last