1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Oct 1, 2015.
First

Back
877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886
888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895
Next

Last
  1. DavidA
    What happened to everyone?  Both this and Euforia thread have been so quiet?  I was waiting for some great music recommendations since its New Years Eve for Chinese and Korean new year.

2. drwlf

Do you mean the Euforia-thread? :p
    What are you in mood for!

3. DavidA
    Hi Drwlf, the guy on the Euforia thread have made me happy this morning, got some great music recommendations and some oldies that I haven't listened to in a while

4. drwlf

Good to hear! Hope you had a lovely rest of the day as well.
    Time to start the BBQ season here in Finland. +1 and its raining.

5. UntilThen

Tried your Utopia with Elise? Any good? Nice collection of gear. You obviously love Feliks Audio.

6. Jozurr
    I've just received my Elise amp and I've been trying to read through for some impressions on various tube combos, but it's just so much information with so many various kinds of tubes, I got lost many times over. I know some of my favourite 6SN7 type tubes which I think Im going to use. Im looking for Dynamic sound, which has very good speed and attack and good bass, and has transparent sound with decent shimmery highs. What I am NOT looking for, is slow, dark, euphonic, mellow, laid back sound. For this, what do you guys recommend as power tubes? Maybe I can start with that and see which of my favourite 6SN7 types work best for it.

Also, if you guys can recommend maybe a couple of combos for the kind of sound im looking for, Id be happy to read up on those tubes further. 

Thanks.

7. DecentLevi
    @Jozurr
    Here's
    a good recent starting point for useful info. on tubes from the newest Elise thread. You can get a better answer there. Tubes sound different according to the headphones used too so let us know there which ones you're using.

8. DavidA
    Surprised you got a Elise for the headphones in your signature, most would sound better with the amps you have.  I take it the 6SN7 tubes are from you Liquid Glass, I had my friends one for a month and loved it, not many amps can compare to it.

9. Jozurr

I got the Elise to try to see how it sounds vs the Glass, as well as to see if tubes like EL3N, EL11, C3G etc sound better on the Elise than 6SN7/12SN7 on the Glass. The Glass doesnt run all these other tubes in its 6SN7 sockets as it trips the security functions. I also have headphones like TH-X00, EMU Teak, Z1R which I want to try on the Elise. I might just eventually not end up keeping the Elise if I feel like it doesn't bring anything extra to the table than what I already have, but obviously curiosity got the best of me [​IMG]

10. vl4dimir
    Guys, noob here but how the hell do yo put the EL3N in their adaptors ?

Edit: never mind, was a little bit afraid to push too hard

11. UntilThen

A little elbow grease as you would have discovered.

12. Oskari
    According to gibosi, lubrication could help.

Now what was it and how was it applied?

13. gibosi
    It is primarily a tuner lubricate, but suitable for any electrical-mechanical device where there is friction and movement. I have used this lube on light-bulb threads for years now, to make it easier to unscrew them when they burn out. So figured it should be safe used on tube pins and sockets.

I spray a little onto a cotton swab, or Q-tip, and dab it on to the contacts in the socket and on the tube. Afterwards, I use another clean cotton swab to wipe off any excess lubricant on the chance it might cause a short between adjacent contacts.

So far so good.

2017-01-3114.49.19.jpg

14. Oskari
    Thanks for the information, gibosi.

15. mordy
    I too, sweated bullets putting in and removing the paddle footed tubes (EL3N).

To me the trick is to just push them straight in, and to remove just straight out - no rocking motion as with other sockets. Once the tubes have been moved in and out a couple of times, it goes easier.

First

Back
877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886
888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895
Next

Last